NHL Stanley Cup Playoffs '12

Kitten

Feline Cheesehead
Reaction score
With all the hockey fans floating around here, I can't believe nobody started a hockey thread and here we are into the 2nd round! I'll start this madness!!! Good luck to everyone's teams provided they are still playing and if not, happy off season!!!

I'm a Flyers fan, so GO FLYERS! :phi:

Jules

The Colts Fan
Reaction score
I thought Bruins/Capitals was pretty good.

I think each game was decided by one goal.

Alex

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Unfortunately my Red Wings left rather quickly. I wouldn't mind seeing the Coyotes win one just for Shane Doan, I like how he plays and he deserves one for sticking with them since they were in Quebec.

OP
OP
Kitten

Kitten

Feline Cheesehead
Reaction score
A lot of really good teams made early exits in the first round. I'm worried for my Flyers. We are down 3-1 to the Devils and if the Flyers, don't start playing hockey, they will be eliminated tonight. The only Flyer to really show up in the last 3 games is our goalie and he can't do it alone. We need a miracle on ice here!

Alex

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I was really hoping the Flyers would make it farther. The way they threw the Pens off their game brought me so much joy, I can't stand that team.

OP
OP
Kitten

Kitten

Feline Cheesehead
Reaction score
Devils got us. They just outplayed us pretty much everywhere. The only consolation I take is the Flyers were in rebuild mode and were not even supposed to make it to the playoffs. Not a bad run all things considered.

Alex

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I never really considered them a rebuilding team this season. When they traded Carter and Richards to make room for a more consistant goalie I was a little worried but then they signed Jagr and still had Briere and Giroux and good grinders like Hartnell and Simmons. They just couldn't keep the hot streak going against NJ sadly. The further the Devils make it the more afraid I am Parise stays with them. I'm hoping the Wings can persuade him to sign in the off season!

L

Lunchboxer

My favorate team was dead last for the league but I still love my Blue Jackets

You must be logged in to see this image or video!

Been a fan sence first game they had. I was there the first game at nationwide arena. Good memorys.

Probably only CBJ fan on this board.

Alex

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I think their record is a bit skewed. Look at their division, every team was in the playoffs at the top of the Western Conference.

Jules

The Colts Fan
Reaction score
This almost seems to be the year of improbable champions based on regular season play:

Giants in the NFL
Kings likely in the NHL
In the NBA it seems the Celtics likely fit the pattern best for the final 4.

OP
OP
Kitten

Kitten

Feline Cheesehead
Reaction score
I was making this same case on the Flyers site. From the 8th seed to the championship. That does mirror what the Giants did and what us Packers did the year before them. Sometimes the strongest team isn't the #1 seed going into the playoffs, teams get hot and peak at different teams. The Kings just got red hot going into the playoffs, and are going through like a hot knife through butter. They do have some amazing talent, Quick is just sick.

Jules

The Colts Fan
Reaction score
I was making this same case on the Flyers site. From the 8th seed to the championship. That does mirror what the Giants did and what us Packers did the year before them. Sometimes the strongest team isn't the #1 seed going into the playoffs, teams get hot and peak at different teams. The Kings just got red hot going into the playoffs, and are going through like a hot knife through butter. They do have some amazing talent, Quick is just sick.

So true kitten. We have seen much of this in recent years too. Teams who just get hot at the right time. Gel at the right time. It all comes together and stats from the regular season go out the window.

I still maintain for these things to happen for a team though that they have to have the potential for a great defense.

Members online

Latest posts