Nhl 2010-2011

VersusTheMoose

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I am scared of all these no trade's though; I fear being Maple Leaf'ed in a couple years. They still haven't recovered..

VersusTheMoose

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I was bored today and wanted to see where Crosby might end up if he plays an entire career. He is just a couple months older than me and from about three hours north of where I was born so I like to see him do well and like most of my home province follow him and his career regularly.

I took his averages from his first 6 NHL seasons and used those averages to see where he might end up if he continues the play for the next 14 seasons (which would make him 38 years old). This is what his career totals would be:

719 goals and 1197 assists, for a total of 1916 points.

That means he would finish 5th in goals, 3rd in assists, and 2nd in points.

That is if he continues at 36 goals and 60 assists per season. Lets say he ramps it up a little bit, and say he gets 40/70 a season for the next 14 seasons. His stats would now look like this:

775 goals, 1337 assists, for a total of 2112 points.

That would mean he would finish 3rd in goals, 2nd in assists, and 2nd in points.

This might be a tad unrealistic but you have to consider while he may not be able to to get 40/70 a season, he may play longer and/or play more than his average of 68 games a season.

Now lets say he tears up the league like he was last season before his injury, and averages an amazing 50/75 for the next 14 years. Unrealistic to say the least, but if he puts together 5 or 6 incredible years, and plays into his 40s to compensate, anything is possible. His totals now would look like this:

915 goals, 1407 assists, for a total of 2322 points.

That would mean he would finish 1st in goals, 2nd in assists, and 2nd in points.

Interesting numbers to look at and wonder where he will stack up against the greats when his career is over. Another concussion or two could greatly alter these numbers, obviously.

VersusTheMoose

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Opening night! I like the Canucks chances this year but it will be tough as always to get back to the finals. I get to see them play for the first time November 1st when they play in Calgary against the Flames.

Go 'Nucks!

Members online

Latest posts