Nhl 2010-2011

VersusTheMoose

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Hmm, the Steelers are black and gold and the Bruins are black and gold. Hope that is a sign for good things to come.

Kitten

Feline Cheesehead
Reaction score
Don't count out the Wings just yet. They are always a factor, although I think the Sharks will take that series. Of the Sharks Vs Canucks, I'd go with the Canucks...

Early prediction for the Stanley Cup Finals: Canucks Vs Bruins,

'Nucks take it in G6 OT.

Can't say I didn't warn you! :) I'm still going with this prediction. The Canucks are SO strong but those Bruins are not to be underestimated. This is going to be a close, intense series. I would not be surprised to see it come to game 7 OT, but I think g6 OT more likely... I think the Canucks have an edge, albeit an extremely slight one. Best of luck to both teams and congrats for making it to the finals!!! We'll have some happy Canucks fans on here if they win or happy Bruins fans if the Bruins take it!

VersusTheMoose

Cheesehead
Reaction score
'Nucks played like crap and still found a way to win. Burrows is a beast and basically won the game by himself. Fighting off Chara like that is the stuff of legend.

JJP41

Cheesehead
Reaction score
'Nucks played like crap and still found a way to win. Burrows is a beast and basically won the game by himself. Fighting off Chara like that is the stuff of legend.

Yeah, he's a beast alright.

Biting a guy? Are you freakin kiddin me? I honestly never thought he could get any lower than when Duncan Keith pounded him silly and Burrows had to pull his hair to try and stop him.

I normally don't agree with Mike Milbury but not suspending Burrows for his punk crap makes the league look even more lame. Bad enough they let Torres get away with headhunting in the Chicago series but letting Burrows get away with that kind of crap is why the game is losing credibility with fans.

A legend.......LMAO.

VersusTheMoose

Cheesehead
Reaction score
When you stick your finger in a guys mouth you should expect punishment. Acting like a baby running around the ice for a ref crying that a guy bit him was an embarrassment.

Should he have been suspended? Probably. Was he? No. That is life. Don't whine now after game 7 against the Lighting when the "punk" who scored the game winning goal should have been suspended himself.

No one will remember Burrows chomp a decade from now, fans will remember that goal.

JJP41

Cheesehead
Reaction score
When you stick your finger in a guys mouth you should expect punishment. Acting like a baby running around the ice for a ref crying that a guy bit him was an embarrassment.

Should he have been suspended? Probably. Was he? No. That is life. Don't whine now after game 7 against the Lighting when the "punk" who scored the game winning goal should have been suspended himself.

No one will remember Burrows chomp a decade from now, fans will remember that goal.

There's no excuse whatsoever for biting someone. Players put their hands in other players faces every time there is a scrum. If Burrows took that much offense to it then drop the gloves. Biting the guy is the act of a total coward.The fact that he had to resort to doing something so gutless and weak is an embarrassment to the game.

If the roles had been reversed, the Vancouver fans would be screaming bloody murder louder than ever that the officials ripped them off like many of them do every time they lose.

And the punk who scored the game winner for Vancouver in Game 1 vs Boston should have been suspended for headhunting Brent Seabrook in the Chicago series. So what's your point?

Maybe homer Vancouver fans will remember that goal but hockey fans will remember the NHL not practicing what they've been preaching to the high heavens about cheap crap in the playoffs this year. It's been a problem all season and apparently still is.

VersusTheMoose

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Vancouver fans would have freaked out if the situations were reversed, no argument there. There are a lot of band-wagoners on both sides at this point of the season making the die hards look bad.

Torres hit on Seabrook was not worth a suspension in my mind and in the minds of many (but not all of course) hockey fans. In my view it was a hockey play and the league was correct not suspending him. Even if the NHL suspended Torres he would have been back long before game 1 of the finals so you have no point there regardless.

If you believe only Canuck fans will remember that unbelievable goal over a chomp you cannot have followed hockey for long or you are just a frustrated homer yourself. While I don't like that Burrows bit Bergeron, and he probably should have been suspended for game 2, he wasn't and Boston didn't deal with it very well.

The facts are the Canucks have outplayed the Bruins for 6 of the 7 periods (including the very short OT period last night) so far and only need two more wins to raise Lord Stanley. Bruin fans can whine all into summer about what didn't go their way (even though the only reason they are this far is because some idiot was spared a suspension).

Enjoy the ride, the Bruins are far from done and we could have 5 great games left to fight over.

JJP41

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Vancouver fans would have freaked out if the situations were reversed, no argument there. There are a lot of band-wagoners on both sides at this point of the season making the die hards look bad.

Torres hit on Seabrook was not worth a suspension in my mind and in the minds of many (but not all of course) hockey fans. In my view it was a hockey play and the league was correct not suspending him. Even if the NHL suspended Torres he would have been back long before game 1 of the finals so you have no point there regardless.

If you believe only Canuck fans will remember that unbelievable goal over a chomp you cannot have followed hockey for long or you are just a frustrated homer yourself. While I don't like that Burrows bit Bergeron, and he probably should have been suspended for game 2, he wasn't and Boston didn't deal with it very well.

The facts are the Canucks have outplayed the Bruins for 6 of the 7 periods (including the very short OT period last night) so far and only need two more wins to raise Lord Stanley. Bruin fans can whine all into summer about what didn't go their way (even though the only reason they are this far is because some idiot was spared a suspension).

Enjoy the ride, the Bruins are far from done and we could have 5 great games left to fight over.

If you actually believe hockey fans will remembe that goal above everything else then you are definitely the homer here. And that's fine.

But I've been watching hockey for decades and even if Burrows was on my favorite team I wouldn't like him because of all the cheap crap he's pulled over the years.

And you need to recheck the rules as they are now. Seabrook wasn't playing the puck and had not played the puck. Torres went high on him and similar hits had resulted in suspensions. So argue that all you want but as the rules stand nowadays, it wasn't a good hockey play. And the point is you were bringing up some punk who should be suspended but wasn't when Torres not being suspended was no different.

I don't care which team wins but the cheap crap has no place in the game. The NHL lost a lot of credibility when they allowed the Flyers to goon it up way back in the 70's. Now they're preaching about zero tolerance for cheap crap and head shots but do nothing when it occurs and fans have been complaing about the lack of consistency from the NHL office for some time. And in the end, that will hurt the game as a whole.

VersusTheMoose

Cheesehead
Reaction score
A fantastic goal will always be remembered over some nonsense that happened after the whistle blew. You can call me whatever you want, but that is just how it works.

It is a good thing he isn't on your favorite team because they are either playing golf or losing to the 'Nucks in the finals. What do I care if you like him or not? He wasn't suspended and scored two big goals to put my team in a great position to take home the cup; I like him a lot right now.

If you thought the NHL had credibility suspension-wise prior to these playoffs you haven't followed close enough in recent years. They are all over the place and they have been wrong a few times in these playoffs in my view.

Torres being suspended means nothing now, you're just clutching at straws. Burrows fortunately for me wasn't suspended and had a huge impact on game 2. Deal with it buddy.

VersusTheMoose

Cheesehead
Reaction score
The difference is Torres didn't go on to score the goal that put his team in the finals when he should have been suspended. Burrows should have been suspended and had the game winning goal last night. So Bruin fans cannot really whine since they are still playing because they were just as fortunate. Bringing Torres and a debatable play into the argument is pointless.

JJP41

Cheesehead
Reaction score
A fantastic goal will always be remembered over some nonsense that happened after the whistle blew. You can call me whatever you want, but that is just how it works.

It is a good thing he isn't on your favorite team because they are either playing golf or losing to the 'Nucks in the finals. What do I care if you like him or not? He wasn't suspended and scored two big goals to put my team in a great position to take home the cup; I like him a lot right now.

If you thought the NHL had credibility suspension-wise prior to these playoffs you haven't followed close enough in recent years. They are all over the place and they have been wrong a few times in these playoffs in my view.

Torres being suspended means nothing now, you're just clutching at straws. Burrows fortunately for me wasn't suspended and had a huge impact on game 2. Deal with it buddy.

Not really. Ask people what they remember most about the Flyers when they won the cup. I am willing to bet very few mention who scored great goals, but most everyone will remember their tactics.

This season stands out because the NHL became more vocal about disciplining certain types of behavior and yet they're not consistent at all in doing so.

You brought up how someone should be suspended and all that in the TB series. Being that Torres could have easily been suspended for his hit on Seabrook as well, why even try and make it out like Boston made some dirty plays to justify what either Torres or Burrows did?

You can love Burrows all you want. Good for you. I myself cannot ignore or try to validate cheap crap just beause a player is playing for my team. I've never liked it, it has no place in the game and never will.

The more stupid, cheap shot garbage that players pull and get away with, the more it will hurt the game and it's credibility.

Personally, I've seen that happen before and rather not see it happen again.

VersusTheMoose

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Biting a guys finger that was put in his mouth doesn't really compare to what the Flyers did in the 70's. The NHL has been cracking down for years now and suspensions have just became more and more ridiculous.

I am not using Boston to defend Burrows or Torres. You brought Torres up and I explained why he was not relevant. I could have brought up the goon who gave the finger to the crowd in Montreal and was not suspended but it had nothing to do with this series.

Boston fans are now whining about Burrows not being suspended when they had the exact same fortune just a week or so ago. How is that defending Burrows? I have repeatedly said I thought he should have been suspended but the NHL dropped the ball and it just so happened to help my team out a lot. Just like the NHL not suspending Horton helped them out.

Burrows shouldn't have bit Bergeron's finger. It didn't reflect well on the team or him as a person, but you are going way overboard with your assertions. If you think a questionable hit here, or a bite there is destroying the game and the NHL..Well, you might as well stop watching now and go buy a Heat jersey.

JJP41

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Biting a guys finger that was put in his mouth doesn't really compare to what the Flyers did in the 70's. The NHL has been cracking down for years now and suspensions have just became more and more ridiculous.

I am not using Boston to defend Burrows or Torres. You brought Torres up and I explained why he was not relevant. I could have brought up the goon who gave the finger to the crowd in Montreal and was not suspended but it had nothing to do with this series.

Boston fans are now whining about Burrows not being suspended when they had the exact same fortune just a week or so ago. How is that defending Burrows? I have repeatedly said I thought he should have been suspended but the NHL dropped the ball and it just so happened to help my team out a lot. Just like the NHL not suspending Horton helped them out.

Burrows shouldn't have bit Bergeron's finger. It didn't reflect well on the team or him as a person, but you are going way overboard with your assertions. If you think a questionable hit here, or a bite there is destroying the game and the NHL..Well, you might as well stop watching now and go buy a Heat jersey.

Dropping the gloves is one thing and has been around since the game was invented. But the Flyers took it wayyy too far and there is no doubt about that.

But biting a guy because he face mushed you? That's in a class with spitting in someone's face. It goes beyond that fine line and has people asking, "WTF is wrong with these guys?"

A questionable hit. I guess that's one way of putting it. When a player goes for the head and the other player gets a concussion and no discipline is handed down, then you tell me how it makes the game look credible when the league is preaching about going after players delivering head shots.

If you don't think that many fans are questioning the credibility of the league right now because of some of the crap it has allowed players to get away with, you must be the one watching too much basketball.

VersusTheMoose

Cheesehead
Reaction score
The guy stuffed his finger in his mouth (which is not a face wash by the way, oh and I'm not sure what a face "mash" is) and he gave it a chomp. Classless? Perhaps, but you are just blowing hot air at this point.

So you know exactly what was in Torres head eh? What I see when I watch the clip is Seabrook lowering his head as he plays the puck, the absolutely dumbest thing you can do in that situation. Torres hit was questionable, but thats all it was. Torres didn't leave his feet, and timed the hit perfectly.

Just the fact you keep bringing up Torres says it all.

JJP41

Cheesehead
Reaction score
The guy stuffed his finger in his mouth (which is not a face wash by the way, oh and I'm not sure what a face "mash" is) and he gave it a chomp. Classless? Perhaps, but you are just blowing hot air at this point.

So you know exactly what was in Torres head eh? What I see when I watch the clip is Seabrook lowering his head as he plays the puck, the absolutely dumbest thing you can do in that situation. Torres hit was questionable, but thats all it was. Torres didn't leave his feet, and timed the hit perfectly.

Just the fact you keep bringing up Torres says it all.

What says it all is how you want to act like somehow Bergeron asked to be bitten because his hand was in Burrows face. Give me a freakin break.

Seabrook was not playing the puck and he hadn't even touched the puck when Torres hit him. So I suppose it was his fault he was watching the puck coming around the boards? Yeha, blow some more hot air on that one.

VersusTheMoose

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Seabrook was in the act of playing the puck, yes, and you don't lower your head in that area of the ice in that situation, period. He opened himself up to that hit and while Torres should have kept his elbow tucked closer to his body to avoid getting it up on Seabrook if he did lower his head, he served a penalty for that mistake and that was that.

One last time, Burrows should have never bitten him and should have been suspended, but it isn't like he grabbed his hand and wouldn't let go. Bergeron's finger wouldn't have been bitten if he didn't poke that finger in Burrows mouth, seems like common sense to me. Biting is not a hockey play, no doubt, neither is shoving your freakin' finger in a guys mouth.

JJP41

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Seabrook was in the act of playing the puck, yes, and you don't lower your head in that area of the ice in that situation, period. He opened himself up to that hit and while Torres should have kept his elbow tucked closer to his body to avoid getting it up on Seabrook if he did lower his head, he served a penalty for that mistake and that was that.

One last time, Burrows should have never bitten him and should have been suspended, but it isn't like he grabbed his hand and wouldn't let go. Bergeron's finger wouldn't have been bitten if he didn't poke that finger in Burrows mouth, seems like common sense to me. Biting is not a hockey play, no doubt, neither is shoving your freakin' finger in a guys mouth.

Again, read the rules. It was not a north-south hit. The rule clearly states you cannot target the head or allow it to be the principle point of contact on an unsuspecting player. The hitter is responsible for contacting the biody first and not the head. Seabrook had not played the puck and waiting for the puck to come around the boards is not playing the puck. But you can spin it any way you want.

And there you go again with trying to put fault on Bergeron. Biting isn't a hockey play and neither is putting your hand in someone's mouth. If Burrows had that much of a problem with it, then drop the gloves.

VersusTheMoose

Cheesehead
Reaction score
While I agree he should have reacted differently, Bergeron acted like a child himself so he does deserve some of the blame.

You cannot prove Torres targeted his head. Seabrook put his head down and Torres had no time to adjust. Torres should have kept his elbow down so it was a penalty but you cannot say as fact he wanted to hit the head of Seabrook and cause injury. That is how the NHL viewed it, and that is how I and many fans view the hit. At the time I thought he would be suspended just because of his recent history but I was pleased the NHL didn't overreact.

I have been there and had the bruises in the mourning, I blame myself for a big hit if I lower my head in the wrong position of the ice. The other guy should have pulled up, adjusted, whatever, but I should have kept my head up and protected myself. Hockey is far too fast a sport to slow everything down frame by frame to see just who is 100% at fault. The beer leagues don't have that privilege, I promise you that.

Anywho..Game 3 tonight. I cannot see them putting the Bruins in a 3-0 hole, so game 4 takes on that much more importance. Go 'Nucks.

Members online

Latest posts