Nhl 2010-2011

CheeseHeadInCanada

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Thats a real shame about Sydney and Malkin, especially Malkin being out for the season!

Also, Matt Cooke? Hate him. Should be banned for life from the NHL. Dirtiest player in the NHL, even dirtier than Carcillo and Pronger combined!

Matt Cooke is by far the dirtiest player in the NHL,even when he played on the Canucks he was very dirty and kind of a chicken.. He would be the first one to hit someone,but the last one to fight. He constantly picks on guys he thinks he can beat (a la Evander Kane) unlucky for Cooke,Kane is a tough guy.

Canuck Wise, our defense needs to heal up before the playoffs, if we can our top 6 is. Hamhuis, Edler, Ehrhoff, Bieksa, Salo, Ballard. With Alberts,Rome,Tanev being 7,8,9... Thats downright scary.

SyX

Stranger in a strange land
Reaction score
Matt Cooke is by far the dirtiest player in the NHL,even when he played on the Canucks he was very dirty and kind of a chicken.. He would be the first one to hit someone,but the last one to fight. He constantly picks on guys he thinks he can beat (a la Evander Kane) unlucky for Cooke,Kane is a tough guy.

Canuck Wise, our defense needs to heal up before the playoffs, if we can our top 6 is. Hamhuis, Edler, Ehrhoff, Bieksa, Salo, Ballard. With Alberts,Rome,Tanev being 7,8,9... Thats downright scary.

Yeah, but you still have Luongo in net. Solid in the regular season, but melts in the playoffs. I'm still waiting for him to put it all together, just as long as it isn't against my Hawks.

Pegger Packer

Cheesehead
Reaction score
The Hawks no longer have Byfuglien aka Luongo's kryptonite, so I would be very interested to see a BlackHawks-Canucks playoff series this year.

That is, if the Hawks make the playoffs... ;)

SyX

Reaction score
The Hawks no longer have Byfuglien aka Luongo's kryptonite, so I would be very interested to see a BlackHawks-Canucks playoff series this year.

That is true, I'm glad to see he's doing well, even if it is in the NHL graveyard of Atlanta.

Hawks are only 3 points out of the playoffs right now, they'll pull it together. If Vancouver wins the Presidents Cup, they are assured of not winning the Stanley Cup.

I actually do want to see the Cup return to Canada, been far too long.

Pegger Packer

Cheesehead
Reaction score
That is true, I'm glad to see he's doing well, even if it is in the NHL graveyard of Atlanta.

Hawks are only 3 points out of the playoffs right now, they'll pull it together. If Vancouver wins the Presidents Cup, they are assured of not winning the Stanley Cup.

I actually do want to see the Cup return to Canada, been far too long.

It would be a mixed blessing for me. I would love for the cup to be in Canada, but hate most of the Canadian teams. GO JETS GO, BRING THEM BACK! :'( Until then, its Flyers all the way!

JJP41

Cheesehead
Reaction score

This may be the best shot the Canucks have at beating the Hawks in a playoff series.

After this season I expect to see some upgrades in Chicago.

I don't know how much this latest trade will help them.

CheeseHeadInCanada

Cheesehead
Reaction score
and I spoke too soon about our defense,Hamhuis got rattled on a hit from behind by Getzlaf so who knows how long he's gonna be out now. Luongo's having a VERY good year this year.. Its something like 14-0-6 in his last 20 with an under 2.0 gaa.. lets just hope they keep it up

SyX

Reaction score
It would be a mixed blessing for me. I would love for the cup to be in Canada, but hate most of the Canadian teams. GO JETS GO, BRING THEM BACK! :'( Until then, its Flyers all the way!

This is the only way that you can say GO JETS GO and have people on the forum not question your sanity :D

I'm a bit of a hockey purist, I despise seeing cities like Atlanta and Phoenix having teams while a great city like Winnipeg doesn't. The Hurricanes are an anomaly, the city and fans really know how to do it up right and support the team. I love catching games there when I can.

I hope there is a relocation for some team that goes back north of the boarder soon, and I hope you get your wish for the Jets to return.

JJP41

Cheesehead
Reaction score
This is the only way that you can say GO JETS GO and have people on the forum not question your sanity :D

I'm a bit of a hockey purist, I despise seeing cities like Atlanta and Phoenix having teams while a great city like Winnipeg doesn't. The Hurricanes are an anomaly, the city and fans really know how to do it up right and support the team. I love catching games there when I can.

I hope there is a relocation for some team that goes back north of the boarder soon, and I hope you get your wish for the Jets to return.

I'm not in love with Phoenix since they beat my Hawks last night.

It's all about money. As long as teams out west and in the south make money, they won't be moving anywhere.

JCpackers04

Cheesehead
Reaction score
the Devils have made a believer out of me.

coming into last week they had Carolina wednesday, Rangers Friday, and Canes again Saturday. Three absolute must win games. I thought to myself if they can somehow win all three i will officially believe in the improbable playoff berth. they've won all three.

Still need help from other teams, but all they can do is continue to take care of their own business and we'll see what happens!

VersusTheMoose

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I am pumped about how well the 'Nucks are holding up considering the amount of injuries on D. They will have to make a move or two come deadline day if they are going to contend for the Cup though.

Kitten

Feline Cheesehead
Reaction score
Playoffs are upon us!

:phi:

Lets go Flyers!!! :phi:

Series all tied up 1-1!!!! I'm a little worried about Pronger. If we get him back by game 3 (doubtful :( ), we should be able to win the series in game 5 or 6. Without Prongs, I fear a dreaded game 7. I think these two teams are a lot more evenly matched than people want to admit. But I still think the Flyers can take them! Go Flyers!!!

VersusTheMoose

Cheesehead
Reaction score
'Nucks are simply outclassing the Blackhawks. Only turned it on for half a period and still won. 3-0.

Incubes12

Bay Harbor Butcher?
Reaction score
Lets go Flyers!!! :phi:

Series all tied up 1-1!!!! I'm a little worried about Pronger. If we get him back by game 3 (doubtful :( ), we should be able to win the series in game 5 or 6. Without Prongs, I fear a dreaded game 7. I think these two teams are a lot more evenly matched than people want to admit. But I still think the Flyers can take them! Go Flyers!!!
This series has been incredible so far. I can't believe how many penalties were called on us on Saturday. It still boggles my mind that Sekera got thrown into the boards, and somehow he got called for high sticking. I guess the refs just suck in every sport no matter what, for every team. It'll be interesting to see what we can do here at home. GO SABRES!

Archangel

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Detroit is about to sweep the Yotes, without Zetterberg.

Score 3-1, bout to take a 3-0 lead in the series.

Hockeys past, presents, and future the Detroit Red Wings.
Check out the Sig.

Incubes12

Bay Harbor Butcher?
Reaction score
Flyers win 4-2 to take a 2-1 lead in the series!!!

Go Flyers Go :phi: (sorry Incubes :( )

Philly just has the better team. The only way we can pull this out is with coaching and discipline, and some absolutely incredible gameplay from Ryan Miller. He's really the only advantage that Buffalo has, talent-wise.

VersusTheMoose

Cheesehead
Reaction score
All comes down to tonight. People are freaking out over at the Canucks board. I would love to be in Van-city tonight. Go 'Nucks.

Kitten

Feline Cheesehead
Reaction score
Go FLYERS!!! :phi: Flyers win game 7!!!!!!!!!!!!! YeS!!!!! I got Happy Feet (Paws)!!!

Philly has Flyers Fever! I think I need to see some ice time to cool myself off!!! I feel ya Flyers!!! :phi:

Members online

Latest posts