NFL's Top 100 players: Rodgers ranks ....

longtimefan

Staff member
Reaction score
Tom Brady took his team to the big game and Aaron Rodgers collapsed and was ousted in the first playoff game. Tom Brady was close to beating the team in SuperBowl that totally dominated Aaron Rodgers and sent him packing from playoffs. Anyone that watched sees that. No way to downplay it.

So Rodgers allowed hail mary? Rodgers allowed all those passing yards?

I seem to recall Rodgers running for 1st down after 1st down to get them some yards..

But to say Rodgers is the reason for the loss is crazy...That is an argument Brett Favre lovers give

ivo610

Cheesehead
Reaction score
So Rodgers allowed hail mary? Rodgers allowed all those passing yards?

I seem to recall Rodgers running for 1st down after 1st down to get them some yards..

But to say Rodgers is the reason for the loss is crazy...That is an argument Brett Favre lovers give

6 drops is a pretty good sign the WRs were off.

Brett Favre lovers are just envious of Arods success in GB.

Magilla

Full On Cheesehead
Reaction score
6 drops is a pretty good sign the WRs were off.

Brett Favre lovers are just envious of Arods success in GB.

Making excuses for Aaron Rodgers in the playoff collapse is as ridiculous as Aaron Rodgers own crying excuses about it.

ivo610

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Making excuses for Aaron Rodgers in the playoff collapse is as ridiculous as Aaron Rodgers own crying excuses about it.

Like your excuses for Brady getting DESTROYED by the JETS and Ravens in Foxborough?

13 Times Champs

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Thats all well and good but it is being selfish to look at it that way. However if that is your point of veiw then you must be claiming that Aaron Rodgers was a failure this past year.

He had a great regular season which his peers recognized him for. You keep missing that point which is what the voting was about. He didn't have a good play off game but then neither did the defense, or Grant, etc.

btw I admit to being selfish. :D

Magilla

Full On Cheesehead
Reaction score
Like your excuses for Brady getting DESTROYED by the JETS and Ravens in Foxborough?

Funny how you want to argue that Aaron Rodgers failure and collapse thia postseason would not have affected his ranking if taken into consideration but you harp on two of Tom Brady's playoff losses from previous years that came after he had already won 3 SBs.

longtimefan

Staff member
Reaction score

Unbiased article showing you are just trying to TROLL

http://www.foxnews.com/sports/2012/01/15/packers-done-in-by-mistakes-giants-in-37-20-loss/

But the offense wasn't much better than the defense. The Packers lost three fumbles and the receivers may as well have had rubber on the tips of their fingers for as many balls as they dropped. Jermichael Finley dropped one. James Starks dropped another. Tom Crabtree watched one bounce off his fingers. Despite having their regular starting offensive line in place for the one of the few times this season, Rodgers was sacked four times.

It wasn't Rodgers' best game, either. He overthrew an open Jennings in the end zone on the very first drive, and lost his first fumble in a year when he was sacked in the third quarter by Osi Umenyiora.

With the Giants secondary smothering the receivers as few defenses have this year, Rodgers was often forced to scramble or dump off for short gains. He finished with a team-high 66 yards on seven rushes, but was 26 of 46 passing and his quarterback rating of 78.5 was well off his 122.5 for the regular-season, an NFL record.

As I stated b4, he was running to get yards when no one was open..Even tho he had his worse day of the year I think it was because of the Giants game plan..As the article states

Giants secondary smothering the receivers as few defenses have this year

Was the reason for Rodgers poor numbers..Not to mention the pressure he had all game long

longtimefan

Staff member
Reaction score
Tom Brady also showed greater character by not making excuses for those losses the way Aaron Rodgers did in regard to the loss in playoffs against NY Giants.
Aaron Rodgers collapse in the postseason this year would have weighed heavily on the players voting if thepoll had been conducted at end of playoffs instead of regular season.

Care to give us the quotes from rodgers and his excuses?

longtimefan

Staff member
Reaction score
I have these excuses

Rodgers insisted the lengthy layoff (he had not played since Week 16) had nothing to do with the Packers’ sloppiness, but that was definitely the minority opinion.
“We just turned the ball over too many times to win,” Rodgers said. “They had a good plan, but we had a lot of chances to execute and didn’t do it. We put our defense in a tough spot, and that’s why our season is over.”

Or this

http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2012/01/15/aaron-rodgers-we-got-beat-by-a-better-team-tonight/

We got beat by a team better tonight,” Rodgers said. “That’s the reality of this league. It’s tough. Didn’t think it was going to end tonight.”

ivo610

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Take a look at the difference in career post season QB rating between Rodgers and Brady.

Head and shoulders better

Magilla

Full On Cheesehead
Reaction score
Unbiased article showing you are just trying to TROLL

http://www.foxnews.com/sports/2012/01/15/packers-done-in-by-mistakes-giants-in-37-20-loss/

As I stated b4, he was running to get yards when no one was open..Even tho he had his worse day of the year I think it was because of the Giants game plan..As the article states

Was the reason for Rodgers poor numbers..Not to mention the pressure he had all game long

So NY Giants 27th ranked defense being too much for Rodgers in postseason is more acceptable than NY Giants 17th ranked defense being too much for Farve in postseason?

****since you have issues on how to post, I edited your post so it was you that said it**** longtimefan

ivo610

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Aaron Rodgers during SB week repeatedly made public statements while "guest analyzing" to "look fo Giants to fake injuries and move slow to throw off opponents game plan."

Giants fell over in a game faking injuries. that's a fact

Magilla

Full On Cheesehead
Reaction score
Take a look at the difference in career post season QB rating between Rodgers and Brady.

Head and shoulders better

The problem with quoting that statistic is Tom Brady has started 22 postseason games and Aaron Rodgers has started 6. If we are going to accept comparing statistical percentages regardless of number of games played then you havr to concede that Matt Flynn is a better QB than Aaron Rodgers.

ivo610

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Being at the SB in 08, I don't think I have ever seen a fan base so crushed as the pats fans were going 18-1. Biggest choke of all time.

ivo610

Cheesehead
Reaction score
The problem with quoting that statistic is Tom Brady has started 22 postseason games and Aaron Rodgers has started 6. If we are going to accept comparing statistical percentages regardless of number of games played then you havr to concede that Matt Flynn is a better QB than Aaron Rodgers.

Everyone on this forum knows Matt Flynn is the greatest QB in Packers history.

13 Times Champs

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Aaron Rodgers during SB week repeatedly made public statements while "guest analyzing" to "look fo Giants to fake injuries and move slow to throw off opponents game plan."
I think Longtime was referring to excuses after the fact. I don't see a comment made before a game is played as an excuse. So do you have a link to any excuses he made post game??

Magilla

Full On Cheesehead
Reaction score
Being at the SB in 08, I don't think I have ever seen a fan base so crushed as the pats fans were going 18-1. Biggest choke of all time.

NE Patriots had just lost out on having the greatest season of all time so it is understandable. However I don't consider that loss a choke or even surprising considering how close Patriots and Giants played against each other in the last game of regular season.

Magilla

Full On Cheesehead
Reaction score
Saw it with my own eyes. Fact.

I saw what you are referring to also and there is nothing concrete but that is not the point. Aaron Rodgers was getting his digs at the team that unceromoniously evicted him from playoffs. Also from what I gather there is only one instance of NY Giants doing thia that is being disputed and that hardly justifies "expect them to do this."

Magilla

Full On Cheesehead
Reaction score
Everyone on this forum knows Matt Flynn is the greatest QB in Packers history.

We both know that is not true and we both know that is as ridiculous a statement as "Aaron Rodgers is better in the postseason than Tom Brady."

Members online

Latest posts