NFL's Top 100 players: Rodgers ranks ....

Powarun

Big Bay Blues fan
Reaction score
Spot well deserved, kind it had to be an MVP, might as well make it the QB that has done the most without padding his stats too much.

longtimefan

Staff member
Reaction score
Watch the non supporters boycott then NFLN..Or at the very least the forum that shall not be named ;)

Breesus

Cheesehead
Reaction score
The players got it right.
The Media got it right.
When will saints fans get it right?

I really have no problem with it. Most saints fans just want to see Brees #1 at something for a change people are just sick of him having to take a backseat to somebody else all the time. The only thing we want is him to get at least 1 MVP award which he should have got this year based on the fact that he's the more valuable player to his team. I dont want to start any argument and dont care about stats most saints fans just feel this was his year and now he'll never get the thing.

Another thing they hate about Rodgers is the fact that Mike McCarthy never gets any credit. Its always "Drew Brees and that system" but never any mention of Rodgers and his, McCarthy is every bit as good of an offensive coach as Payton. At times in the media you see complete bias on Brees for example everytime his name comes up Paytons name follows yet you will never hear McCarthys name in any Rodgers talk. McCarthy made Aaron Brooks look good for god sakes.

Drew Brees is the only qb to ever throw for 5,000 yards or even 4,500 without a single 1,000 yard receiver or 1,000 yard rusher without his best recever that year and Bush hurt most times so any supporting cast argument is worthless.

Now for the sterotypes. Just because a running back has catches doesn't mean its a dumpoff. Dumpoffs are guys wide open out of the backfield, our guys actually run routes and line up in the slot out of the backfield and are always accounted for. You get Darren Sproles covered by a linebacker why in heck would you not throw it to him?

He cant play outside: Drew Brees has the best road record of any qb in the last 3 years and his last game he had 4 tds and 400 yards with 2 should have been game winning drives against the best defense in the league. I dont where people get this from but its ridiculous. I can guarantee you if Rodgers or Brady played for a domed team they would be out of their element when playing elswhere.I also hate how people act like brees was siome wiley old veteran when he came here the man was only 26 a very young player. I give you this he sucks in the cold.

Just to add this for outsiders. Sean Payton was not our playcaller last year Pete Carmichael was at the offense avageraged 37.2 in the 12 games he called. Carmichael is still the OC and has been Brees' qb coach for 10 years ever since he was in San Diego.

People are already counting this team out without doing research. Our play caller is still here and we've had the maybe best free agency of the offseason signing Bro**** Bunkley, David Hawthrone, Curtis Lofton and Ben Grubbs. Carl Nicks name shoulnt even come up when we have a pro bowl guard to replace him.

I Don't mean to offend anyone if I did but this is what most saints fans believe. I dont see how people can even beleve we wont be any good with the team we have , we swept the falcons and panthers and actually made upgrades in the offseason while they stayed put just look at our schedule were 11-5 at worst and we may lose 1 game at home at the most.

Wish you guys good luck and hopefully Brees can finnaly get an MVP and we can get that matchup in the playoffs everyone wanted with us in the postseason.

Croak

Vincit qui patitur
Reaction score
I really have no problem with it. Most saints fans just want to see Brees #1 at something for a change people are just sick of him having to take a backseat to somebody else all the time. The only thing we want is him to get at least 1 MVP award which he should have got this year based on the fact that he's the more valuable player to his team. I dont want to start any argument and dont care about stats most saints fans just feel this was his year and now he'll never get the thing.

Another thing they hate about Rodgers is the fact that Mike McCarthy never gets any credit. Its always "Drew Brees and that system" but never any mention of Rodgers and his, McCarthy is every bit as good of an offensive coach as Payton. At times in the media you see complete bias on Brees for example everytime his name comes up Paytons name follows yet you will never hear McCarthys name in any Rodgers talk. McCarthy made Aaron Brooks look good for god sakes.

Drew Brees is the only qb to ever throw for 5,000 yards or even 4,500 without a single 1,000 yard receiver or 1,000 yard rusher without his best recever that year and Bush hurt most times so any supporting cast argument is worthless.

Now for the sterotypes. Just because a running back has catches doesn't mean its a dumpoff. Dumpoffs are guys wide open out of the backfield, our guys actually run routes and line up in the slot out of the backfield and are always accounted for. You get Darren Sproles covered by a linebacker why in heck would you not throw it to him?

He cant play outside: Drew Brees has the best road record of any qb in the last 3 years and his last game he had 4 tds and 400 yards with 2 should have been game winning drives against the best defense in the league. I dont where people get this from but its ridiculous. I can guarantee you if Rodgers or Brady played for a domed team they would be out of their element when playing elswhere.I also hate how people act like brees was siome wiley old veteran when he came here the man was only 26 a very young player. I give you this he sucks in the cold.

Just to add this for outsiders. Sean Payton was not our playcaller last year Pete Carmichael was at the offense avageraged 37.2 in the 12 games he called. Carmichael is still the OC and has been Brees' qb coach for 10 years ever since he was in San Diego.

People are already counting this team out without doing research. Our play caller is still here and we've had the maybe best free agency of the offseason signing Bro**** Bunkley, David Hawthrone, Curtis Lofton and Ben Grubbs. Carl Nicks name shoulnt even come up when we have a pro bowl guard to replace him.

I Don't mean to offend anyone if I did but this is what most saints fans believe. I dont see how people can even beleve we wont be any good with the team we have , we swept the falcons and panthers and actually made upgrades in the offseason while they stayed put just look at our schedule were 11-5 at worst and we may lose 1 game at home at the most.

Wish you guys good luck and hopefully Brees can finnaly get an MVP and we can get that matchup in the playoffs everyone wanted with us in the postseason.

Here. We'll throw you a bone. Brees can be number one in bounties and coverup. ;)

Sent from my Kindle Fire using Tapatalk 2

mikeymidnight

Cheesehead
Reaction score
By the way, Eli, who didn't make the Top 100 last year, ranked 31.

Eli Manning also outperformed your number one ranked player at his own house in the playoffs. Wait a second, thats not Aaron Rodgers house. In the postseason Lambeau Field is Eli Mannings house. He owns it.

SpartaChris

Cheesehead
Reaction score
The only thing we want is him to get at least 1 MVP award which he should have got this year based on the fact that he's the more valuable player to his team.

Except it's not about being more valuable to their team. If it was, then Peyton Manning or Jay Cutler should have won the MVP since it's indisputable fact their teams fell apart without them.

Powarun

Big Bay Blues fan
Reaction score
Eli Manning also outperformed your number one ranked player at his own house in the playoffs. Wait a second, thats not Aaron Rodgers house. In the postseason Lambeau Field is Eli Mannings house. He owns it.

Even so for the whole season I'd rather not rely on E. Manning, he likes playing catch up, now Rodgers has a better track record of defending a lead and keeping it, he has had a few slip ups and the Packers defense was playing horrible last year, kind of ranked near or at the bottom, yet Rodgers gave the Packers a great record, and as for the year of 2011, I doubt you'll ever see it repeated.

ivo610

Cheesehead
Reaction score

So does that make MetLife the house that Rodgers build?

mikeymidnight

Cheesehead
Reaction score
All good points. However I think that Eli Manning should have been the highest ranked QB from NFC. The only QB in NFL that should have been rankes higher than him on top 100 is Tom Brady.

mikeymidnight

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Obviously I am being an Eli Manning homer because he is the QB of my team but after the regular season Aaron Rodgers had last year he deserved to be ranked Number One.

Congratulations on Aaron Rodgers being voted by his peers as Number One player in NFL.

Reaction score

Sure didn't look like his house when Rodgers and the Pack destroyed the Giants 45 - 17 in a must win game for the 6th seed in 2010... then again, Giants fans were probably riding the jet's bandwagon during those years mr ELIte choked away chances at entering the playoffs by leading the league in turnovers.

okcpackerfan

Cheesehead
Reaction score
All good points. However I think that Eli Manning should have been the highest ranked QB from NFC. The only QB in NFL that should have been rankes higher than him on top 100 is Tom Brady.

so if you had a team and you could take eli, arod or brees you would take eli?

Members online

Latest posts