NFL's Most & Least Liked Players

Alex

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Forbes released a list of most and least liked players, as Packers fans this is definitely something to be proud of. Here's the top 5 for both:

Most liked:
1. Troy Polamalu
2. Drew Brees
3. Charles Woodsen
4. Peyton Manning
5. Aaron Rodgers

Least Liked:
1. Ndamukong Suh
2. Jay Cutler
3. Michael Vick
4. Randy Moss
5. Matt Leinart

You can read the full article here --> http://sports.yahoo.com/news/nfls-most-least-liked-players-170940406--nfl.html

Chicocheese

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Hey, I am definitely stoked that 2 Packers made it on this list. However, how did RG3 NOT make it? Maybe the plethora of Cowboys and Giants fans ragging on him? I just think he is a stand up guy. One of the few out there, who if you needed the shirt off of his back he would give it to you. Maybe it is just me...

Also...Matt Leinart? Really? Besides his first few years as a Cardinal, I really can't recall any noise out of him.

jeffrogt

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Hey, I am definitely stoked that 2 Packers made it on this list. However, how did RG3 NOT make it? Maybe the plethora of Cowboys and Giants fans ragging on him? I just think he is a stand up guy. One of the few out there, who if you needed the shirt off of his back he would give it to you. Maybe it is just me...

Also...Matt Leinart? Really? Besides his first few years as a Cardinal, I really can't recall any noise out of him.
RGIII complained about taking hits...as a rookie.

ivo610

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I didn't really think of it but yeah that is pretty surprising.

I dont get the Matt Leinart hate either. He's not even relevant enough to hate. Cortland Finnegan on the other hand...

Sorry didn't see your thread.

Matt leinhart has a bad rep for what happened between him and his baby momma but I'm not sure how much of that is public knowledge

OP
OP
Alex

Alex

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Sorry didn't see your thread.

Matt leinhart has a bad rep for what happened between him and his baby momma but I'm not sure how much of that is public knowledge

Not a problem! I never heard about it, just about how he was partying more than worrying about his on-field skills.

Oshkoshpackfan

YUT !!!
Reaction score
Nice guy list is to short.....Donald driver should have made it for sure, and Tebow too is guess.

Courtland finnegan should have made the ***-hole list, and J. Farrior(sp?), and that DB from seattle that laid out greg jennings on that cheap shot, JJ watt is a jerk from all his dumb comments about other NFL players.

Edit* The DB from seattle is Browner.

jaybadger82

Cheesehead
Reaction score
RGIII complained about taking hits...as a rookie.

I thought Griffin's complaints had to do with some of the extracurriculars going on during his week 2 matchup against the Rams, not so much the generic "taking hits." Either way, RGIII certainly hasn't shown much aversion to taking hits during games. I disagree with the criticism; seems like a great young man. You can tell he was brought up right, despite the goofy dreadlocks and the socks.

JJ watt is a jerk from all his dumb comments about other NFL players.

I also disagree with the criticism of Watt: if you follow half the NFL's players on twitter, you're going to read candid statements that rub you the wrong way. (Not sure why anyone follows these guys on twitter or facebook by the way.) Apparently, he said or did something to make you think he's a jerk, which goes to show how subjective and irrational human opinion formation tends to be.

For the record, Watt is an outstanding member of the community: he does a lot for school kids, for soldiers and he launched a charity before his second year. Houston fans love him for more than what he does on the field. He's a Wisconsin kid (there's some Texans propaganda for your consideration) and if he wore green and gold, you wouldn't hesitate to call him a "Packer person."

Forget Favre

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Nice guy list is to short.....Donald driver should have made it for sure, and Tebow too is guess.

Courtland finnegan should have made the ***-hole list, and J. Farrior(sp?), and that DB from seattle that laid out greg jennings on that cheap shot, JJ watt is a jerk from all his dumb comments about other NFL players.
Gave ya the thumbs for the DD shout out.
Heck yeah!
Especially since the guy is tolerating tons for not getting enough playing time and not opening up his yapper about it.
Take note of how to be a classy non-complaining Packers player, Germ-ichael Finley!

OP
OP
Alex

Alex

Cheesehead
Reaction score

Donald Driver was mentioned as a well liked player in the article but just wasn't in the top 5. I don't think that db from Seattle should be on there because apparently neither of us can even remember his name, these guys have a reputation for being a-holes for a while now.

Forget Favre

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Well..who wants to get hit? Especially a QB? every QB is upset after a sack...
Especially when a certain one watched the guy who sacked him stealing his move and putting on the title belt.
So upset that he comes back and wins the games!
Gawd, I hope they never learn.
Keep on doing that morons to motivate our fearless leader.

Oshkoshpackfan

YUT !!!
Reaction score
JJ watt was trash talking the ravens after their big win. He can't even be a good winner. He was making fun of ray rice and his lack of performance. He said that he has eaten burritos bigger than rice and taken dumps bigger than him too......is that classy?

Forget Favre

Cheesehead
Reaction score
JJ watt was trash talking the ravens after their big win. He can't even be a good winner. He was making fun of ray rice and his lack of performance. He said that he has eaten burritos bigger than rice and taken dumps bigger than him too......is that classy?
They should take those things into account when they vote DPOY, MVP, rookie etc, etc.
If someone acts like a jerk, then give it to the next best player who isn't.

Pack93z

You retired too? .... Not me. I'm in my prime
Reaction score

Context.. context... context.

http://blog.chron.com/ultimatetexan...-ray-rice-ive-eaten-burritos-bigger-than-you/

Watch the video.. hardly riveting disrespect.

Why are we so quick to rip when we don't have the full context of the words that have been written.

And Ray Rice.. remember the trash he heaped on Green Bay.. the city. So I am sure that chatter was in both directions. http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2009/12/08/ray-rice-doesnt-like-green-bay/

OP
OP
Alex

Alex

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Okay I was under the assumption Watt said these things in an interview or something. That's not bad at all. Ray on the other hand must be crazy. Baltimore is rather dirty. About the only thing it has up on GB is it's crime rate.

H

HardRightEdge

I thought Griffin's complaints had to do with some of the extracurriculars going on during his week 2 matchup against the Rams, not so much the generic "taking hits." Either way, RGIII certainly hasn't shown much aversion to taking hits during games. I disagree with the criticism; seems like a great young man. You can tell he was brought up right, despite the goofy dreadlocks and the socks.

I also disagree with the criticism of Watt: if you follow half the NFL's players on twitter, you're going to read candid statements that rub you the wrong way. (Not sure why anyone follows these guys on twitter or facebook by the way.) Apparently, he said or did something to make you think he's a jerk, which goes to show how subjective and irrational human opinion formation tends to be.

For the record, Watt is an outstanding member of the community: he does a lot for school kids, for soldiers and he launched a charity before his second year. Houston fans love him for more than what he does on the field. He's a Wisconsin kid (there's some Texans propaganda for your consideration) and if he wore green and gold, you wouldn't hesitate to call him a "Packer person."

Check out this piece of trash talking from Watt to Ray Rice..."I've eaten burritos bigger than your a**." :cool:

http://www.usatoday.com/story/gameon/2012/10/23/jj-watt-burrito-ray-rice/1652737/

Is there a Taco Bell endorsement deal coming his way?

Shawnsta3

Cheesehead
Reaction score
+1 Donald Driver
+1 Larry Fitzgerald
A lot of receivers become divas or distractions. These two are not your average receivers though...

+1 Drew Brees
He stands up for what he believes in. Which makes me like him more. Not to mention he put da city on his back doe after Hurricane Katrina. Great inspiration. Glad to see the business side of football didn't take away from peoples opinions.

-1 Ben Rothlisberger
-1 Michael Vick
Rothlisberger is scum. But he isn't the first NFL player to do that. Just the one that got caught. While Vick's crime wasn't against people, he is still sick for the slaughter of pets.

And to end on a good note I nominate Charles "Peanut" Tillman of the Bears. While he made a questionable decision to play for the Bears, he's made all the right decisions off the field. Especially starting up the Charles Tillman Cornerstone Foundation. Which provides support and opportunities for chronically and critically ill kids in the Chicago area.

Also former player Warrick Dunn. He did tons of stuff including helping raise over $5 mil. for Hurricane Katrina relief from his fellow players.

Whiule I realize this isn't a "charity" topic with my last two names, but I just felt these 2 guys should be mentioned and recognized for their unselfishness and trying to make the world around them a better place. And that really is what makes a player likeable, in my opinion.

jaybadger82

Cheesehead
Reaction score

1) Watt is a defensive lineman, not a luxury automobile. If you're looking for "classy," you're in the wrong market. Your expectations are a bit out of touch.

2) Nobody that's ever played football is surprised or bothered by trash talk on the field or in the locker room. That talk can range from good-natured ribbing to genuine, heartfelt animosity.

I found that there was more in how something was said than what was said in deciding whether the someone is really being an *******. Whatever the case, I wouldn't evaluate a guy's character based solely on his printed statements. I thought the comments about Rice were funny and I question whether Rice perceived any real animosity behind them.

*Edit: The links above confirm my argument: little of this sort of trash talk is said with genuine bad intent and most of it rolls off guys like water...

Whatever. I'm probably not going to change your opinion of Watt. Just seems like you're clinging very tightly to the "trash talk" angle in order to justify your emotional reaction to a guy in a sport where most of the players are talking smack at least some of the time.

Oshkoshpackfan

YUT !!!
Reaction score
I have no "hate" for the guy. I just think that speaking out publicly in a negative way about a player from another team is a dumb move. I know he was a Badger, and a damn good one at that. Just be a gracious winner and not trash talk after a game that you just won. I never did, actions speak louder than words, play on the field is more than words.