NFL Preseason, We get the Seachickens Aug 23

Poppa San

* Team Owner *
Staff member
Reaction score
WEEK 1 - Aug. 8-11 Arizona at Green Bay
WEEK 2 -- Aug. 15-19 Green Bay at St. Louis
WEEK 3 -- Aug. 22-25 Seattle at Green Bay (CBS, Aug. 23)
WEEK 4 -- Aug. 29-30 Green Bay at Kansas City

El Guapo

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I understand that sentiment, as it's quite common.

I love the preseason and not just because I'm starved for football. Even though I'm not a draftnik, once the players come into camp I really like to see how guys play in games. At some point, some of those players will either make the roster or practice squad. They are the guys that eventually step in when our starters go down. I like knowing how they played in the preseason, and specifically watching how they've improved since those games. You can learn a lot about your future stars and duds that way.

I could care less about the score or who we played. I just want to see how we played.

TJV

Lifelong Packers Fanatic
Reaction score
I look forward to the preseason for the reasons El Guapo stated and IMO it's good news the Packers play the Seahawks in that game for two reasons: First because the third preseason game is usually the one teams take most seriously (McCarthy has done so in the past) and I prefer they play a good team in that game to get a sense of where they are. Second because they don't play the Seahawks in the regular season so there will be no reason not to open up the playbook - at least no reason beyond the normal one for preseason games.

As far as "hating" any part of the year regarding the NFL, we are just about through that period for me. From the Super Bowl until the draft is the only part of the NFL year I dread. Not that I want it to speed by - as you get older you realize time passes quickly enough as it is, there's no reason to 'wish any of it away'. (And there's your philosophical cliché of the day! ;) )

Members online

Latest posts