NFL Pregame Shows

JBlood

Cheesehead
Reaction score
With the recent Shannon Sharpe comments, just wondering how many here watch CBS vs Fox pregame show? I admit I've never watched the CBS show, probably because virtually all of the Packers games are on Fox; but I do enjoy Terry Bradshaw, Howie, and even Jimmie J. Maybe I'm missing something here....

Oshkoshpackfan

YUT !!!
Reaction score
I do the flip back and forth between channels thing. I just like to see the difference in opinions between the two shows. I like Terry B and Howie Long, but Jimmy johnson not so much.

weeds

Fiber deprived old guy.
Reaction score
I flip between ESPN (god help me) and Fox.

Anyone thinking that Shannon is just trying to keep himself relevent? I mean, he admitted that he's never met or talked to Aaron Rodgers, so, that of course qualifies him to talk about something he has nothing to base his opinions on? I mean... in this day and age of narcissistic TV personalities ... EVERYONE gets to step up to the mike.

I always thought that the Sharpe brothers had an excessively high opinion of themselves ... sorta like Rodney Harrison on Sunday Night Football ... and wazzizname ... the former Bucs/Jets receiver ... I don't know what it is, but those guys feel the need to be blow holes.

OP
OP
JBlood

JBlood

Cheesehead
Reaction score
There's something missing upstairs in a lot of NFL receivers, that's for sure.

Hype

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I can not stand the FOX pre-game show. Everyone on there spends mroe time laughing then anything.

CBS is OK but with Sharpe's recent remarks bout A-rodge, i'm starting to tune it out. Cowher might have the worst comb over ever. Boomer and Marino are good. I listen to Boomer's radio show every morning on the way to work.

7thFloorRA

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I watch none of them. They have nothing to offer that i don't already know. I'm not saying I know alot but they offer up the most generic crap imaginable. If I want to get some pregame in I tune in "the fan" radio station on my phone.

FrankRizzo

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I'm at mass (praying for Packers wins & good health) during pregame times.
If I watched, it would be Fox for sure. I love Howie.

OP
OP
JBlood

JBlood

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Since Frank Caliendo was dropped, a lot of the fun has left the Fox pregame show.

SpartaChris

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I avoid them all and watch NFL Network. It starts much earlier than all the others, has better people, and has a plethora of hot sideline reporters.

bozz_2006

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I am always working during pre-game, but from the little I see, I like the Fox pre-game fellas much more than the CBS. I have a hard time getting as excited for AFC games as I do for NFC.

Forget Favre

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Since Frank Caliendo was dropped, a lot of the fun has left the Fox pregame show.
That's all I would watch.
(Same thing with MNF PG. All I care for is the "C'mon Man" segment.)
Even though I thought his impressions were just OK I didn't think they were always funny. Maybe because he had such limited time.
I would check in anyway hoping to finally get a laugh which hardly arrived.
Now they have another comedian who isn't any better.
As for the rest of pre-game shows, frankly I find them boring.
All I really care for are the games.

weeds

Fiber deprived old guy.
Reaction score
I'm at mass (praying for Packers wins & good health) during pregame times.
If I watched, it would be Fox for sure. I love Howie.

Good god man....what if Father LongJaws goes into overtime? Nah.... Saturday afternoons for me.

weeds

Fiber deprived old guy.
Reaction score
You're assuming Father LongJaws doesn't want to get home to watch the game just as badly as you do...

That's an unfair assumption. ;) In my long lifetime of dealing with Father (and PASTOR for that matter) LongJaws (plus, my Dad was a Deacon), I've run into a couple of them that just don't get it...and then...and then...my wife and son are Lutherans (meaning I end up doing an every other week Catholic...Lutheran...catholic...Lutheran thing...) and the Lutherans seem to think it is more important to be there if there's an Ice Cream Social or some such planned... soooooooooooooo.......... it's Saturday for me, thank you very much. :) I just don't trust any of 'em in this regard.

Poppa San

* Team Owner *
Staff member
Reaction score
That's an unfair assumption. ;) In my long lifetime of dealing with Father (and PASTOR for that matter) LongJaws (plus, my Dad was a Deacon), I've run into a couple of them that just don't get it...and then...and then...my wife and son are Lutherans (meaning I end up doing an every other week Catholic...Lutheran...catholic...Lutheran thing...) and the Lutherans seem to think it is more important to be there if there's an Ice Cream Social or some such planned... soooooooooooooo.......... it's Saturday for me, thank you very much. :) I just don't trust any of 'em in this regard.
Our Church has learned to schedule around the noon games. Helps when several elders and older families are season ticket holders and the Pastor has access to most of the home games. Also several members do the concession stands so they need out early from first service. Saturday is not an option.

60six

DIE HARD
Reaction score
I can not stand the FOX pre-game show. Everyone on there spends mroe time laughing then anything.

That's why I watch FOX, they take some of the tension out of Game Day.

CBS is dry and predictable, also hate Jimmy.

longtimefan

Staff member
Reaction score
Never ever liked CBS pre game...

Fox is okay..I just rather watch NFLN...(maybe cuz of their women???) lol

You must be logged in to see this image or video!

Weeds, not all Lutherns go to ice cream socials :)

weeds

Fiber deprived old guy.
Reaction score
Never ever liked CBS pre game...

Fox is okay..I just rather watch NFLN...(maybe cuz of their women???) lol

Weeds, not all Lutherns go to ice cream socials :)

Yeah, I know... but the potlucks are usually on Thursday nights. ;) I love baggin' on the minister at my wife's church. I lapse into this really poor "yooper" accent and go: "Yep, youse wacky Lutrens don't know how ta trow a good drunken church picnic. Dat's why yer always hittin' me up fer money." :)

Longtime, come on.... too many blondes up there. We get enough blondes on the dance teams. Let's face it, when they're talking...nobody is really listening to what they're saying anyway. Where those four are concerned, the only thing that matters to me is the full-length camera angle. :)

longtimefan

Staff member
Reaction score
Yeah, I know... but the potlucks are usually on Thursday nights. ;) I love baggin' on the minister at my wife's church. I lapse into this really poor "yooper" accent and go: "Yep, youse wacky Lutrens don't know how ta trow a good drunken church picnic. Dat's why yer always hittin' me up fer money." :)

Longtime, come on.... too many blondes up there. We get enough blondes on the dance teams. Let's face it, when they're talking...nobody is really listening to what they're saying anyway. Where those four are concerned, the only thing that matters to me is the full-length camera angle. :)

Cant help that they only put blondes on their web site

Forget Favre

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Our Church has learned to schedule around the noon games. Helps when several elders and older families are season ticket holders and the Pastor has access to most of the home games. Also several members do the concession stands so they need out early from first service. Saturday is not an option.
For some of us the Packers are second to religion.
And for others the Packers are a religion.

weeds

Fiber deprived old guy.
Reaction score
I can't believe they're polluting my Sunday football fix with politics... Obama and Romney's opinion of RG3?? Who gives a rat's behind. Political advertising should be banned on Sunday as well.

Members online

Latest posts