NFL HOF Contributors category

ivo610

Cheesehead
Reaction score
The Pro Football HOF added a contributors category this week in order to honor those who might not have played but made a big impact on the game of football. So I ask, who, that identifies with the Packers, should be enshrined in the HOF under this category?

I pray that this doesnt get hijacked by Kramer supporters. In the past few years Packer fans can not have a discussion about the HOF without it being hijacked by some fans who think Kramer is entitled to be in canton. The subject has been beaten to death worse than anything else and in fact hurts other great Packers who should have their names brought up because the sole focus of Packer fans is Kramer. I would like to see the Packers pass the Bears as far as # of enshrines but that wont happen when the Kramer discussion takes away the attention of other deserving Packers.

So back to the topic at hand, Ron Wolf stands out... Anyone else?

AllouezPackerFan

Section 121 Row 47
Reaction score
George Calhoun. Obviously influential as co-founder of the Packers, and helped modernize the game in Green Bay.

Dominic Olejniczak. This guy was president of the team for 24 years. He was the leader of a civic drive that netted $100,000 and helped save the franchise. He was also instrumental in getting New City Stadium built, which would obviously be renamed several years later to Lambeau Field, and helped bring Vince Lombardi to the club from the New York Giants. I also went to a homecoming dance with his granddaughter when I was 17. She would later have a rumored relationship with Aaron Rodgers. I totally slow danced with her and held hands.

TJV

Lifelong Packers Fanatic
Reaction score
Guess who rated Dan115's post "winner"? :D

Vainisi was miles and miles ahead of his scouting/personnel director contemporaries. He set the table for Lombardi and was also instrumental in his coming to Green Bay.
The subject has been beaten to death worse than anything else...
I assume you're talking about it being beaten to death regarding the subject of the HOF. Because if we put our heads together I'll bet we can come up with a subject that has been beaten to death exponentially more. ;)

BTW, IMO Wolf, Olejniczak, and Calhoun are also good choices.

yooperpackfan

Cheesehead
Reaction score
The head trainer during the Lombardi years.
He kept all those hall of fame players on the field.
(I'm drawing a blank on his name)

weeds

Fiber deprived old guy.
Reaction score
Easily ... Vainisi and Wolf.

Both were the savior of the Packers in their respective eras. Like Wolf, I've always thought that Vainisi's name should be added to the Ring of Honor on the opposite side of Wolf's.

H

HardRightEdge

It should be noted that "contributors" and coaches have always been eligible for the Hall. There are currently 22 coaches and 19 contributors enshrined, including Lambeau and Lombardi.

http://www.profootballhof.com/hof/positions.aspx

It has been reported that the proposed change relates to the voting process, i.e., having a separate (eighth) nominee spot for "contributors" so they don't have to compete with players for votes. How this would work is not entirely clear, though it kinda sounds like there would be one nominee each year subjected to an up or down vote.

I agree with the consensus that Vainisi and Wolf would be leading Packer candidates.

I'd add one other. Looking at the list of "contributors", it is interesting to note that Ed Sabol is the only guy who would be characterized as a media type. If the HOF ever saw fit to induct an announcer, which they should, Ray Scott should be at the top of the list.

Staff online

Members online

Latest posts