NFC Predictions for next year

Green_Bay_Packers

Cheesehead
Reaction score
SO you are all laughing at my AFC Predictions if not check the other topic Anyway its on the NFC Same applies I know nothing about the Draft or FA this is just a guess and me having some fun with you guys and girls :)

Anyway Here were go

NFC East
1.Dallas Cowboys
2.NYG
3.Washington Redskins
4.Philadelphia Eagles

NFC North
1.Green Bay Packers
2.Minnesota Vikings
3.Chicago Bears
4.Detroit Lions

NFC South
1.New Orleans Saints
2.Atlanta Falcons
3.Carolina Panthers
4.Tampa Bay Buccaneers

NFC West
1.San Francisco 49ers
2.Arizona Cardinals
3.Seattle Seahawks
4.St. Louis Rams

Same as last post I will now explain my picks

OP
OP
Green_Bay_Packers

Green_Bay_Packers

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Ill start with the NFC East this time

Now The Cowboys have a great chance of winning it again not a great set of rivals who did nothing to them last season
The Redskins are 3 and Eagles 4 I bet you are wondering what I was doing, Ill tell you
JASON CAMPBELL, YES I reckon he could do some massive things for this Redskins and McNabb is getting old and I just think Eli well NYG won the Superbowl a few years back they cant be a bad side

NFC South

This hasnt changed because no team will get to the Saints and the Falcons might get close but Drew Bees is amazing. Carolina and the Bucs have a lot of things that need adressing and they wont get close to winning it or making the playoffs.

NFC West

Lets start with the Rams,THEY SUCK, Really they have a QB Because I went looking and couldnt find one maybe the Draft but still they have too many gaps to fill.
The Seahawks might make a run at the playoffs but I think there is too many teams who are better and there QB is quite old now
The Cards even with Matt Leinart at starter will struggle because it will be hard for him and the team look at how Packers beat them in Week 17
Now Ill explain why the 49'ers Win this thing, ILL TRY
There is 3 players who win this or lose it, they are ALEX SMITH, FRANK GORE AND VERNON DAVIS, Yes they have No D but they have talent on the Ofense to win the NFC WEST because its a joke and the 2007 or 2008 Gators could win it.

NFC North
Now this is the one, Detroit still will struggle and be pure garbage.
The Bears might get a few things but they need to get rid of JAY LOLCUTLER, He cant play in Chicago they also need Hester at his best, Although Rex got them to a Superbowl Cutler cant, I still dont get how Rex got them that far!
The Vikings hmmm The Vikings well if Favre stays they may make the Playoffs, If Jackson plays well bye bye Vikings, Jackson isnt good enough to win the NFC North and this brings me to the Packers
Now The Packers have been making things happen if they keep Rodgers on his feet we will win games I think we could go 6-0 aganist the Lions, Vikings and Bears, I dont see too many games being a problem, Lets see the Packers go and win a Superbowl

PS I FORGET YES I DONT KNOW THE FIXTURES

DO WHATEVER YOU WANT!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Clay's Jock Strap

TRK's Hero
Reaction score
IMO, way too early to make a prediction. I think it is safe to say that whatever happens during the offseason, Minnesota and GB will be heavily favored for the top 2 spots in the division. As far as what happens for first place, IMO nobody can even guess until FA and the draft have taken place. How both teams respond to their question marks will go a long way regarding division predictions. Right now I see the two teams as neck and neck. I think Rodgers continues to get better but until I see that we've solved the problems on the OL and add another pass rushing OLB, I think Minny has the edge. If Rodgers keeps getting pounded and we can't touch favre we're not going to beat the Vikes and that IMO keeps us in 2nd place. Let's see if TT can fix those problem spots.

AllouezPackerFan

Section 121 Row 47
Reaction score
Too early to make predictions like this....before the draft and any events in free agency. Nevertheless it was fun reading these and thinking about next season. Thanks for posting!

Jess

Movement!
Reaction score
East:
1. Cowboys - They're going to contend for the Super Bowl next year. They're that good.
2. Giants - Disappointing 09 leads to super-motivated 10. Expect 10 or 11 wins.
3. Eagles - Trading McNabb proves to be a mistake.
4. Skins - Not close to having enough talent to contend in this division.

North:
1. Packers - Best offense in the division, offseason additions = 12 or 13 wins.
2. Vikings - Favre retires, Jackson fills in better than expected. 11 wins isn't impossible.
3. Bears - Martz helps, but they flirt with .500 all year.
4. Lions - Solid offense leads Lions to a surprising 6 or 7 wins.

South:
1. Falcons - Ryan joins the elite QB's, team manages to stay healthy, wins 12 games.
2. Saints - Complacent after winning SB. 10 wins, but doesn't make playoffs.
3. Carolina - Peppers leaving hurts, Williams/Stewart/Smith lead them to 10 wins anyways.
4. Tampa - Freeman improves, but lack of talent around him leads to 3 or 4 wins.

West:
1. Cardinals - Leinart fills in incredibly after learning from legend while on bench a la Rodgers.
2. 49ers - Not enough offense to overtake Cards. Alex Smith isn't the answer.
3. Seattle - Hasselback gone, Bradford/Clausen/Tebow leads them to 4 or 5 wins.
4. Rams - Drafts Suh with #1 pick. Need help at QB, WR, TE, OL, LB, DB, though.

Raptorman

Vikings fan since 1966.
Reaction score
IMO, way too early to make a prediction. I think it is safe to say that whatever happens during the offseason, Minnesota and GB will be heavily favored for the top 2 spots in the division. As far as what happens for first place, IMO nobody can even guess until FA and the draft have taken place. How both teams respond to their question marks will go a long way regarding division predictions. Right now I see the two teams as neck and neck. I think Rodgers continues to get better but until I see that we've solved the problems on the OL and add another pass rushing OLB, I think Minny has the edge. If Rodgers keeps getting pounded and we can't touch favre we're not going to beat the Vikes and that IMO keeps us in 2nd place. Let's see if TT can fix those problem spots.
I have to agree with you here. I think the Packers and the Vikings will be favorites to win the Conference not just the division. As to New Orleans, they have a lot of FA and RFA that they have to sign. I believe its something like 23. So they may lose a lot of players from this year. They will easily be early favorites. They had trouble with teams that can run the ball all year. And as powerful as their offense was they can be shut down.

Once the draft is over and FA is through it will be easier to make more "correct" predictions.

AllouezPackerFan

Section 121 Row 47
Reaction score
I have to agree with you here. I think the Packers and the Vikings will be favorites to win the Conference not just the division. As to New Orleans, they have a lot of FA and RFA that they have to sign. I believe its something like 23. So they may lose a lot of players from this year. They will easily be early favorites. They had trouble with teams that can run the ball all year. And as powerful as their offense was they can be shut down.

Once the draft is over and FA is through it will be easier to make more "correct" predictions.

I agree. Vikes, Pack, and Cowboys have to be the favorites in the NFC. Cardinals will not be in the mix without Warner. Saints will lose too many players. If Favre retires the Vikings will be very one dimensional but still a very good team. Next year will be an interesting and fun one. Especially with how much better Chad Henne is than Tom Brady. LOL.

AllouezPackerFan

Section 121 Row 47
Reaction score
Detroit wins the NFC North. Matthew Stafford is clearly the best QB in the division. Look at the college numbers!!! He's going to have a breakout season!!!

Jess

Movement!
Reaction score
Detroit wins the NFC North. Matthew Stafford is clearly the best QB in the division. Look at the college numbers!!! He's going to have a breakout season!!!
I know you're joking, but with a solid draft I think they could surprise people. They have firepower on offense, with a draft that effectively fills holes on D they aren't going to be the 2 bye weeks we've grown accustomed to.

AllouezPackerFan

Section 121 Row 47
Reaction score
I know you're joking, but with a solid draft I think they could surprise people. They have firepower on offense, with a draft that effectively fills holes on D they aren't going to be the 2 bye weeks we've grown accustomed to.

Yeah. I think Detroit is moving in the right direction. It will be a few more years before they have a chance to make the playoffs, but I don't think 4-6 wins is out of the question for them next season. They play the Rams and Redskins at home next season, as well as the Jets. They also have Tampa and Buffalo on their schedule, and with how weak the Bears are, those are all winnable games.

tfrentz

Cheesehead
Reaction score
NFC East
1.Washington Redskins = Mike Shanahan is going to give them a good run this year
2.NYG = Giants are needing recievers Manning is way overated and got lucky one year.
3.Dallas Cowboys =Stick a fork in them they are done they really need a new QB Romo is way overated, they have good recievers but this man has to much on his mind always. Running backs are lacking as well so we will see what happens with them. Barber I think is going to decline more next year his legs are done.
4.Philadelphia Eagles = McNab is done, Vick isn't going to help, Westbrook is way done and they only have one really good reciever.

NFC North
1.Green Bay Packers ( Has the best offense nothing needs to be done in the draft, Defense is only going to get better need to draft more CB and steel some of the Steelers LB's Harrison would be a great fit.
2.Chicago Bears = they will get T.O this year and possibly Brandon Marshall so they will get things moving and could do ok this year.
3.Minnesota Vikings = Favre will bring down the team without coming to training camp, Receivers are good but team will know to cover them this coming year. Unless AP cures the cough and choking stuff then maybe they hit 2 but I don't give them that much credit this year.
4.Detroit Lions = yea yea yea

NFC South
1.New Orleans Saints = They have so many weapons on "O" Would take to long to name them all, they will work on "D" in the off season and I think will improve that a lot.
2.Atlanta Falcons = Could very well make a run with Rookies getting another year under the belt maybe they will be the upset next year.
3.Carolina Panthers = Need a new QB and are losing a lot of "D" this year.
4.Tampa Bay Buccaneers = Who knows

NFC West
1. San Francisco 49ers = Getting more expierence I do see them going some where but getting knocked out in the first round of the play offs
2. Seattle Seahawks = QB still has something left if he can get the back in order
3. Arizona Cardinals = QB is not going to work and they will get about 33 INT next year and all the talent in the recievers are going to get frustrated and its going to ruin the season.
4.St. Louis Rams = they are getting sold if that says anything

Jess

Movement!
Reaction score
Favre will bring down the team without coming to training camp
Just like he did by not coming to training camp in 2009?

1.Washington Redskins Mike Shanahan is going to give them a good run this year
They have no QB, no RB, outside of Santana Moss no WR's and you think they're better than both the Cowboys and the Giants? Their D is okay, but that offense isn't good enough for them to win more than 6 or 7 games.

they will get T.O this year and possibly Brandon Marshall so they will get things moving and could do ok this year.
How do they get Brandon Marshall with no high draft picks this year? The Broncos will want picks this year if they're going to deal one of the league's best receivers. Not to mention the Bears have been burned by Denver before.

Hauschild

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Just like he did by not coming to training camp in 2009?

Classic, ain't it? People have no problem making **** up in their minds and selling it as fact.

Minnesota - from what my neutral mind has seen throughout the post-season - is clearly the most potent offense in the NFL. They might lose Chester Taylor to FA, which would hurt, but this is going to be an offense impossible to stop in 2010. Combine that with a defense that seemed to improve in the post-season without two leaders in Henderson and Winfield (nickel corner at best in playoffs), and we might be looking at the clear-cut favorites to win it all in 2010 - from a non-talking-head or Vegas standpoint.

AllouezPackerFan

Section 121 Row 47
Reaction score
Classic, ain't it? People have no problem making **** up in their minds and selling it as fact.

Minnesota - from what my neutral mind has seen throughout the post-season - is clearly the most potent offense in the NFL. They might lose Chester Taylor to FA, which would hurt, but this is going to be an offense impossible to stop in 2010. Combine that with a defense that seemed to improve in the post-season without two leaders in Henderson and Winfield (nickel corner at best in playoffs), and we might be looking at the clear-cut favorites to win it all in 2010 - from a non-talking-head or Vegas standpoint.

I'm speechless. Why do you post here?

AllouezPackerFan

Section 121 Row 47
Reaction score
NFC East
1.Washington Redskins = Mike Shanahan is going to give them a good run this year
2.NYG = Giants are needing recievers Manning is way overated and got lucky one year.
3.Dallas Cowboys =Stick a fork in them they are done they really need a new QB Romo is way overated, they have good recievers but this man has to much on his mind always. Running backs are lacking as well so we will see what happens with them. Barber I think is going to decline more next year his legs are done.
4.Philadelphia Eagles = McNab is done, Vick isn't going to help, Westbrook is way done and they only have one really good reciever.

NFC North
1.Green Bay Packers ( Has the best offense nothing needs to be done in the draft, Defense is only going to get better need to draft more CB and steel some of the Steelers LB's Harrison would be a great fit.
2.Chicago Bears = they will get T.O this year and possibly Brandon Marshall so they will get things moving and could do ok this year.
3.Minnesota Vikings = Favre will bring down the team without coming to training camp, Receivers are good but team will know to cover them this coming year. Unless AP cures the cough and choking stuff then maybe they hit 2 but I don't give them that much credit this year.
4.Detroit Lions = yea yea yea

NFC South
1.New Orleans Saints = They have so many weapons on "O" Would take to long to name them all, they will work on "D" in the off season and I think will improve that a lot.
2.Atlanta Falcons = Could very well make a run with Rookies getting another year under the belt maybe they will be the upset next year.
3.Carolina Panthers = Need a new QB and are losing a lot of "D" this year.
4.Tampa Bay Buccaneers = Who knows

NFC West
1. San Francisco 49ers = Getting more expierence I do see them going some where but getting knocked out in the first round of the play offs
2. Seattle Seahawks = QB still has something left if he can get the back in order
3. Arizona Cardinals = QB is not going to work and they will get about 33 INT next year and all the talent in the recievers are going to get frustrated and its going to ruin the season.
4.St. Louis Rams = they are getting sold if that says anything

You couldn't be more incorrect on almost every account.

Hauschild

Cheesehead
Reaction score

Because I like discussing truths and breaking down NFL teams.

And, since this was a predictions thread, from where I sit, Minnesota is going to end up being a brutal team to have to face, if Favre returns. And, it isn't 'cause I love Favre as much as it is obvious. About their only roadblocks will be a more difficult schedule, the potential loss of Phat Pat (who is clearly on the decline anyway), Taylor and of course the much maligned coaching staff - but those aren't a lot of weaknesses to have to deal with.

I mean, just look at the numbers Minny put up against supposedly the best defense in Dallas and the eventual SB champions - scary.

Clay's Jock Strap

TRK's Hero
Reaction score

Because the Daily Norseman still hasn't conducted an official vote on whether or not to accept him as a Viqueen fan. That team may be lame as hell but they still prefer fans of the team over fans of one player.

So, until the voting return comes in, he's hedging his bets and sticking around here...

Next stop, the official Brett Favre forum, where the uniform doesn't matter, only the name on the back of it does.