NFC=Powerhouse

JTheGreat

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I think the NFC was a powerhouse this year and might even be more of a powerhouse next year. Far more superior then the AFC. Bears woulda been in the mix for the NFC championship as well if cutler didnt go down. Obv free agency and the draft will mix things up.

Divison races and the playoffs will be crazy next year in the NFC from top to bottom.

Top 3 teams from each division, in no particular order.

Starting with the NFC EAST
Eagles- they will be dangerous next year, they could be atop the NFC next year. They will have time to work things out and their stars are getting use to eachother.
Cowboys- Always in the mix of things
Giants- Could be the reigning superbowl champions

NFC North

Lions- A young dangerous team in the making
Bears- Another dangerous team if cutler stays healthy, they will have to keep forte though.
Packers- nuff said

NFC South

Saints- A great team as well to watch out for, definitely in top 5 of the whole league
Falcons - Missing a few pieces from being an elite team. Scary thought
Panthers - Cam Newton is an up and coming star in the NFL

NFC West

49ers - A damn good fundamental team(even though they fell apart in the NFC championship) but they will be back next year. They almost won the game with 2 unheard of fumbles)
Cardinals - went 8-8 with kolb under center for the 1st year.
Seahwawks - Could be the sleeper team in the NFC west, they started rallying off wins to 500 before losing their last 2. Lynch is an absolute beast.

Bogart

Duke Mantee
Reaction score
Atlanta - Verrrrry lucky team considering how average they look against real teams (New Orleans, New York, Green Bay) They don't scare me one bit when they play really good teams. I don't see them making the playoffs next year

Carolina - In a few years, they could top the Saints for control of the NFC South. It's very possible, but they are missing a defense. They hired a defensive mind coach in Rivera and in return they get a road of success coming from Newton. I look for them to do more with the defense next year. Rivera is the right guy for fixing those things.

The West I think will be a toss up next year. I'm still not sold on the 49ers. If Smith comes back and they go back to the basic run heavy offense from this season, there will be the same outcome possibly.

D

Dan115

Atlanta - Verrrrry lucky team considering how average they look against real teams (New Orleans, New York, Green Bay) They don't scare me one bit when they play really good teams. I don't see them making the playoffs next year

Carolina - In a few years, they could top the Saints for control of the NFC South. It's very possible, but they are missing a defense. They hired a defensive mind coach in Rivera and in return they get a road of success coming from Newton. I look for them to do more with the defense next year. Rivera is the right guy for fixing those things.

The West I think will be a toss up next year. I'm still not sold on the 49ers. If Smith comes back and they go back to the basic run heavy offense from this season, there will be the same outcome possibly.

Are you going to be able to see any of The Senior Bowl practices this week?

Kitten

Feline Cheesehead
Reaction score
If things continue as they are, the NFC could dominate for the next several years. But, the AFC has one team that could upset that. The Patriots. If they win the Superbowl, nobody will notice how dominate the NFC was during the season and even the playoffs if they fail to produce a team that can win the Superbowl. Lets see how the Giants do. If they can do what the Packers did last year and beat the dominant AFC team, then we may have a run of NFC Superbowl winners. Otherwise even if every team in the NFC is dominant, it's not going to matter if the AFC has only one team that can beat them.

Texas9erFan

Cheesehead
Reaction score
The Panthers have some good days ahead. Maybe next year, but probably not.
I expect the Niners to address a few things on offense and be back in the mix again. One great receiver... and maybe a good one and they'll dominate, even with Alex. Niners have lots of FA on defense they need to re-sign.
If Seattle finds a QB they could be very good.
I expect Detroit to improve.
I think the Fins can improve over night with Philbin and Flynn.
I'm not expecting much from the Colts. They need more than a hot rookie QB. (sorry Jules!)
Steelers are on their way down.

Jules

The Colts Fan
Reaction score
Are people seriously not mentioning the Texans AGAIN from the AFC? This is the team to watch for years.

With Schaub and a year with Wade that team might own the next few years in the AFC. They have ALL the pieces. The run game/ the passing game and the D. All they need is Schaub to stay healthy.

With Schaub I believe the Texans would be in the SB right now. Look how far they went with a third string rookie QB from the 5th round. They nearly beat Baltimore last weekend.

Jules

The Colts Fan
Reaction score
The Panthers have some good days ahead. Maybe next year, but probably not.
I expect the Niners to address a few things on offense and be back in the mix again. One great receiver... and maybe a good one and they'll dominate, even with Alex. Niners have lots of FA on defense they need to re-sign.
If Seattle finds a QB they could be very good.
I expect Detroit to improve.
I think the Fins can improve over night with Philbin and Flynn.
I'm not expecting much from the Colts. They need more than a hot rookie QB. (sorry Jules!)
Steelers are on their way down.

Remains to be seen with Peyton but you are right. The Colts need some coaches and a lot of work. But, in a few years who knows? Hey it did not take long for Cincy to get in the playoffs again. Then again they have a D.

My SB fave from the AFC is now the Texans of course. As it was this year but SOMEONE got hurt sadly. If the Pats lose the SB they will suffer the SB loser curse like most do.

Won't suprise me at all if the final 4 teams again next year are all different once again. It's tough to do it two years in a row.

I am already predicting the Texans and Packers are in the final 4 next season. ;) Lets hope the Pack D can join the party.

Jules

The Colts Fan
Reaction score
I'll take that one further. Texans vs Packers in the Super Bowl:)

You heard it here first!

It's what I had a hunch on early this year at some times. But, then Schaub goes and gets hurt. Ugh. And the Packers D never joined the party.

Both teams will be hungry next year. Texans might have been a year too soon and the Packers defense needs some help/it's tough to repeat.

Powarun

Big Bay Blues fan
Reaction score
I'm going to be skeptical of the Bears this year, I want to say they have been overachieving, two years ago no injuries, last year they had injuries that caught up with them. Plus how they fired Angelo but said the new GM can't touch Smith or Cutler doesn't help matters.

Lions are still going to be a threat, and the Vikings may have sparks.

Jules

The Colts Fan
Reaction score
Who wouldn't love the Packers to beat the Giants in the NFC title game next year? I don't care where the game is. It would be awesome.

Of course why am I harping on Houston? We all know it's the year of Tebow again and Elway will mold him into the next......Elway. ;)

FearThePack

13x World Champs!
Reaction score
It's what I had a hunch on early this year at some times. But, then Schaub goes and gets hurt. Ugh. And the Packers D never joined the party.

Both teams will be hungry next year. Texans might have been a year too soon and the Packers defense needs some help/it's tough to repeat.

Texans are officially my #2 team. That defense is gonna be nasty next year, and with a healthy Schaub, look out. Packers need a little more help on D but I think TT will get it done and we'll be adding another Lombardi Trophy to the Packers hall of fame.

Bogart

Duke Mantee
Reaction score
The Texans are the team of the future in the AFC.

How can you not like this team (unless they beat your favorite team's ***)?

Had Schaub played against the Ravens, they would have beat them by more than 10 points. No joke, that defense totally roasted the Ravens all day. it's a shame they had a 3rd string quarterback in that game throwing 3 interceptions, and no doubt in my mind, with Arian Foster and Matt Schaub, and Johnson, they would have also beat the Patriots.

The team that finally made it over the hump for the playoffs, and all I can consider for the Texans is how this season is more a "What Could Have Been" since Schaub got injured.

I've been to a few Houston message boards and I can't believe all the hate I see about Schaub. They talk about him like he's just god awful, but I live by the book that stats don't lie, and from what I have seen from him the last few years, he's a good quarterback. I'd rather him than Matt Ryan or Joe Flacco.

Oh one more reason to root for Houston, their the other Texas team in the league, and unlike their neighbors they don't have an owner that loves making a fool of himself every chance he gets. Far more classy than the Cowboys :tup:

ExpatPacker

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I've been to a few Houston message boards and I can't believe all the hate I see about Schaub. They talk about him like he's just god awful, but I live by the book that stats don't lie, and from what I have seen from him the last few years, he's a good quarterback. I'd rather him than Matt Ryan or Joe Flacco.

If they hate Schaub so much, I wonder if they'd consider going after Flynn?

P-E-Z

Cheesehead
Reaction score
In the NFC I see lots of scarry good teams....... East Giants, Eagles and Cowboys are all talented teams are better then actual records.
Central Packers, Lions & Bears. If they stay healthy its going real competitive.
South Saints and Falcons,
West the 49ers.....
There could a lot of 10 & 6 in that group in East & Central.
Much like this year who makes to the big show will depend who pull in playoffs and were.

AFC Texan Ravens Steelers and Patriots..... and not much else

OP
OP
JTheGreat

JTheGreat

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Are people seriously not mentioning the Texans AGAIN from the AFC? This is the team to watch for years.

With Schaub and a year with Wade that team might own the next few years in the AFC. They have ALL the pieces. The run game/ the passing game and the D. All they need is Schaub to stay healthy.

With Schaub I believe the Texans would be in the SB right now. Look how far they went with a third string rookie QB from the 5th round. They nearly beat Baltimore last weekend.

I was just talking about the NFC, but I really think the Texans were the best team in the AFC(b4 Shaub went down). They could be preranked at #1 next year in the AFC. They got a great qb, awesome running game. They have Andre Johnson who could be the best wr in the game. I also like their defense as well. They could rally off 13-14 wins next year if healthy.

PackMan13x

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Patriots by double digits this year. The top 2 NFC teams beat themselves this year by not securing the football. I also feel the NFC is and will be dominant for the next couple years at least, but they didn't show up when it counted this year.

ExpatPacker

Cheesehead
Reaction score
NFC North and NFC East will be the most competitive. Packers, Lions, Bears. Eagles, Giants, Cowboys.

Frankly I don't see anyone in the NFC South that will compete with New Orleans. Too early for Carolina. In the NFC West Seahawks might be competitive, but SF looks to be the clear favorite again.

Texas9erFan

Cheesehead
Reaction score
NFC North and NFC East will be the most competitive. Packers, Lions, Bears. Eagles, Giants, Cowboys.

Frankly I don't see anyone in the NFC South that will compete with New Orleans. Too early for Carolina. In the NFC West Seahawks might be competitive, but SF looks to be the clear favorite again.
Ya know who to watch for in the NFCW???

The Lambs.

I think they're really in a good place right now. They've got a good QB and an excellent new coach plus a great draft position. 2nd in the first round and 1st in the second. They were picked to win the West this year but something weird happened. I don't know why they didn't perform. They can do a lot in this years draft and FA. Keep an eye on them.

Seattle might be good too if they can find a QB. (But ain't that the story everywhere?)

I don't think the Cards will do a damn thing. They're gonna be cellar dwellers for a while.

The days of the NFCW being the red-haired stepchild of the league are gone. It wasn't the worst this year and it'll be better next year. The schedule is gonna be tough too.

The Niners schedule includes Chicago, Detroit, New York Giants, Green Bay, Minnesota, New England and New Orleans.

The Cards face Chicago, Detroit, Philadelphia, Green Bay, New England and Atlanta.

The Seachickens have Green Bay, New England, Dallas, Chicago, Detroit and Carolina.

Jules

The Colts Fan
Reaction score
I wonder who gets Peyton if/when he is released? And if he keeps playing. *sigh*

Honest to God though. I am optimistic about the Colts again. I like the new coaches. I like the vision of building a balanced team that does not rely on just one man all the time.

BTW Houston is my favorite but still gotta see them continue with this. I mean, Schaub has to stay healthy. The D can't fall off. And they STILL can't win in Indy if you can believe it.

As for the NFC I pray the Packers do SOMETHING about this sorry defense or I fear more one and dones in the future of Rodgers which would hurt......

KilrB

Cheesehead
Reaction score
The NFC was rolling until those ****** bears screwed it up!

At least we have have #85 showing up tonight. Still pissed they didnt do it in the play offs!

Kitten

Feline Cheesehead
Reaction score
I agree that the Texans are an up and coming team, but I don't think they could of been contenders this year. They had a great year, no dispute there, but I don't think they would of gone any further than the AFC championship game, had they made it that far. They could of beaten the Ravens in divisional but would of fallen to the Patriots in the AFC championship game. I do however, think the Texans were underrated this year, they had a season to mirror the 49'ers in the NFC. I think they are going to be the AFC team that brings down the Patriots dynasty, and we should notice their presence next year even more than we did this year.

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts