NFC CHAMPIONSHIP TAILGATE

LombardiChick

Win or lose, I love this team.
Reaction score
Was just telling folks: Don't feel sorry for us. We are the luckiest fans in all of professional sports. We own our own team, and the trophy all are fighting for is engraved with the name of our standard-bearer, a man who loved this team as much as we do.

That's pretty freaking cool.

Jules

The Colts Fan
Reaction score
I marvel at some people and their optimism where football is concerned. I honestly wish I could be like that, and be so resilient that a loss wouldn't discourage me from guaranteeing a win the following week. People do it all the time - I just can't. I never guarantee a win, or plan on one. If I like our chances, I'll say so, but that's as far as I'll go.

My dad was a very pessimistic Packer fan (really, King of the Karma Pick) - I think it rubbed off on me.

The new season will be here before we know it. And I learned something from Kurt Warner, and what he said in "A Football Life" - you don't have to win it all to have a good year. A loss in the playoffs or the Super Bowl does not negate everything you've accomplished.

If he can look at it that way, so can I.

My dad told me the Giants may win this game but I was not sure. I got nervous yesterday though. Not sure why but I got that feeling in my gut something was wrong. I am usually not nervous.

LombardiChick

Reaction score
My dad told me the Giants may win this game but I was not sure. I got nervous yesterday though. Not sure why but I got that feeling in my gut something was wrong. I am usually not nervous.

I had that feeling this time too (something wrong, sort of a kind of doom)...but I'm always nervous. Gee, I wish I could not be nervous. I would enjoy football season so much more than I do. People always say, "I wish Sunday would get here!!" or "I can't WAIT!" and I am just amazed. LOL

Jules

The Colts Fan
Reaction score
I had that feeling this time too (something wrong, sort of a kind of doom)...but I'm always nervous. Gee, I wish I could not be nervous. I would enjoy football season so much more than I do. People always say, "I wish Sunday would get here!!" or "I can't WAIT!" and I am just amazed. LOL

I started to get nervous last night. I also felt that the winner of this game was going to be THE team. I don't know. When the Giants got the Hail Mary I said "OH MY GOD." It just seemed like destiny in a way.

You can't always fight destiny.

Not sure what happens next but 3 teams left have ties with Indy where the SB is. Eli/Peyton. Harbaugh/Colts QB once. Baltimore/Indy. Pats....nothing really there but they have been the biggest rival but a lot of that died down.

The irony is all offseason Colts fans talked about Manning winning it all in Indy. Maybe they had the wrong Manning.

LombardiChick

Reaction score
Oof. I know you hate the Pats, but for me, it's down to the Niners or them to win it all...and I will die of boredom if it's a Harbaugh Bowl. I'd say precisely why I don't want the Giants to win another game - ever (destiny or no destiny) - but I'd probably get another thread named after me and get called more sexist, disparaging names. Lol

I'm a jerk magnet. What can I say? ;)

Jules

The Colts Fan
Reaction score
Oof. I know you hate the Pats, but for me, it's down to the Niners or them to win it all...and I will die of boredom if it's a Harbaugh Bowl. I'd say precisely why I don't want the Giants to win another game - ever (destiny or no destiny) - but I'd probably get another thread named after me and get called more sexist, disparaging names. Lol

I'm a jerk magnet. What can I say? ;)

I don't really have strong feelings on the games left ATM. I think the Giants/Pats should win but then again Ravens always show up vs. the Pats big time and the Niners are at home. So who knows anymore right? I mean if defense wins championships then Brady won't be winning it all either.

If we get a Harbaugh Bowl then lmao. Can you say 13-10 game?

LombardiChick

Reaction score
I don't really have strong feelings on the games left ATM. I think the Giants/Pats should win but then again Ravens always show up vs. the Pats big time and the Niners are at home. So who knows anymore right? I mean if defense wins championships then Brady won't be winning it all either.

If we get a Harbaugh Bowl then lmao. Can you say 13-10 game?

Pats D is playing better lately (weak schedule, I know); kind of thinking if the Texans can hang enough points on the Ravens to keep pace with them, surely Brady/Welker/Gronk/AHern can generate enough to win.

That's how I expect the AFC side to go anyway.

NFC: Thinking the Niners defense can beat the Giants. If not, I'd like to see the Patriots beat them in the Super Bowl...on a helmet catch. ;)

And yeah, that's just how a Harbaugh Bowl would go. Plus, lots of sideline shots. Lots. And the sappiest per-game features ever...with the most boring Super Bowl in memory to wash it down. Please, God...no.

Members online

Latest posts