Next Packers Loss

El Guapo

Cheesehead
Reaction score
What a downer thread, huh?

We are 6-3 and I'm feeling good about the rest of the season coming off the Bye. I predict that we will end up 11-5 but am hoping for 12-4. That said I think that we'll lose at the Giants and possibly at the Bears.

When do YOU think the Packers will experience their next loss.

Jordyruns

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Not going to make any predictions until I hear more about the injuries, specifically Matthews. If Nelson, Matthews, Shields, and Worthy are back the rest of the season with no lingering issues then I would say the Giants, but if we are still just as injured, specifically Matthews again, then the desperate Lions could be a close game.

packerfan4ever

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I feel if we beat the Lions Giants Bears more the first two,without Clay I think we will finish 13-3 I feel they can do simply because the rookies may have bumps but they are playing good football.

slaughter25

Cheesehead
Reaction score
NYG coming off a bye and probably pretty pissed from their streak of poor playing going into it. I expect Tom Coughlin will have their heads on straight coming into that sunday night brawl. Eli seems to do well against the packers soft zones and if Matthews is still down I don't see much pressure coming from the front 7 (hopefully they will prove me wrong this upcoming Sunday). The key will be how our OL has came together in their short time together. If NYG can get consistent pressure on Rodgers it could easily be the next loss on the schedule.

weeds

Fiber deprived old guy.
Reaction score
I'm looking at next Sunday as a potential loss.... one week at a time, my friend.

That flippin' Giants game is going to be a big ol' pain. They've lost two in a row and have the bye week to mull it over....now, they play down or up to the opponent in front of them ... make no mistake they look like dog sh*t against the world, but will look like the defending Champs against Green Bay.

milani

Cheesehead
Reaction score
We have to look at who we will have on the field each of the next 7 games. The thought of not having Matthews on the field in addition to Woodson, of course, convinces me that we can do well against mediocre offenses and QBs, case in point, Rams, Jags, and Cardinals.

Now Stafford can deliver if he has plenty of time. With Megatron and a light pass rush I expect him to be firing bombs at us all afternoon. They might just scrap whatever running game they have to about 10 carries all day.
We are up against a solid defensive line that can hurt our QB. If Nelson and Kuhn can go we may be able to put up a few points and make this a high scoring affair. One place we should have an advantage Sunday is in penalties. The Lions are still an undisciplined team that beats themselves whether home or away.
Protect ARod and throw down the field and we'll see interference and personal fouls and this could be a somewhat high scoring game like last December. Let's not look beyond this game. They are all tough.

ivo610

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I hate this thread. I don't think any game is unwinnable with our team. It would be different if we were the Vikings

OP
OP
El Guapo

El Guapo

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Ivo610 - The premise isn't that any game is unwinnable. It's just a light-hearted guess at what our next loss will be. Being the fans and not the players, we have the luxury of having these dark thoughts without it impacting the game....unless you've got tinfoil on your head to prevent your thoughts from causing Packer losses! :D

PFanCan

That's MISTER Cheesehead, to you.
Reaction score
Without Matthews, I believe the next game vs. the Lions could be tough. No pressure on Stafford = good day for him. Plus, the Packers have a bad history of letting big tall receivers have career games. 2+2=4.

I think the Lions "wake up" on us and put 35+ points on the board. Hopefully, Rodgers & Co. have a good day, too and can do the same. The difference may be whether the Lions shoot themselves in the foot or not.

So, I think the Packers stand a good chance of losing this next game.

slaughter25

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I've been worried about the lions since the end of last year. But every time I watch them play they just look miserable. For our sake I hope they continue down that path. With their two best guys down in the secondary there could be some big plays to be had in the passing game. I just hope we have 1 more big play than them.

LZ13

Cheesehead
Reaction score
11-5 sounds reasonable, given Mr. Rodgers keeps getting the snaps. I like how the backups are stepping up! And that gets us in the playoffs in just about any season.

Members online

Latest posts