Next Man Up

BorderRivals.com

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Injuries have hit all levels of the defense. Just like 2010, the team must adopt the 'Next Man Up' mantra. Thankfully, because of the depth, the effects of the injuries should be limited. I think many people will pick D.J. Smith's injury as the hardest one to replace - after all, he's already the second-stringer. But, I hadn't been sold on his play. His size was exposed in coverage and he was less than effective in run support, getting beat to the edge and wasn't that aggressive.

The injury that concerns me the most is B.J. Raji. I know he was almost healthy enough to play this week. But, it's imperative he not rush back from injury too soon. Ankle injuries are fickle and we just don't have another player that can match or adequately replace his play. I'd hate to have him battle a pesky ankle all season. Given the next three games are winnable without him, I hope the team plays it smart with him. Read more here: http://wp.me/p29VCs-c0

What do you think? Which injury or replacement player are you most concerned about?

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts