newsbot

Poppa San

* Team Owner *
Staff member
Reaction score
Other team news from the newsbot quickly buries any posts or discussions in the same section. Can we get a separate but equal section to post in and to respond to the newsbot. Maybe just cut and paste the news into the non-newsbot section and respond to it there? Or at least have someone automatically notified the newsbot was responded to and have it moved manually to the news discussion area?

longtimefan

Staff member
Reaction score
I have moved many news bot items..Some articles that no one even knew about.

OP
OP
Poppa San

Poppa San

* Team Owner *
Staff member
Reaction score
I have moved many news bot items..Some articles that no one even knew about.
I've noticed but I agree with Wood in that very little important news is not discussed on here before newsbot gets to it. Most of it though is "hm that's interesting. NEXT!" Maybe leave newsbot in as it was and create a different venue for posters to discuss other teams without putting it in by the newsbot.

NorthWestCheeseHead

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I've noticed but I agree with Wood in that very little important news is not discussed on here before newsbot gets to it. Most of it though is "hm that's interesting. NEXT!" Maybe leave newsbot in as it was and create a different venue for posters to discuss other teams without putting it in by the newsbot.

I agree that the two should have mutually exclusive forums. Especially since the newsbot usually posts Packer stuff predominately.

Kitten

Feline Cheesehead
Reaction score
I would suggest the Newsbot have it's own separate and distinct forum or sub-forum in either the Packer Fan Forum or All Other Teams Forum. This would give the Newbot the ability to post so people who are interested in it's content have the chance to read it while also excluding it from posting in any other forum but its own.

The other option is putting the Newbot on your ignore list if it bothers you that bad.

NorthWestCheeseHead

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I just think it makes the "All Other Team Discussions" forum is rather pointless at this point because the newsbot essentially shouts people off the first page relatively quickly. Because of that I, at least, tend to not want to post there about other NFL news though I'd love to be able to have those discussions. And I have a feeling that's why some non-Packer stuff makes its way onto the main board. And while I understand and agree with only wanting Packer stuff in the Packer news forum, there doesn't seem to be a good place to go and talk about general NFL stuff. Maybe "The Atrium", but that's not really that forum's intended purpose.

Kitten

Feline Cheesehead
Reaction score
I just think it makes the "All Other Team Discussions" forum is rather pointless at this point because the newsbot essentially shouts people off the first page relatively quickly. Because of that I, at least, tend to not want to post there about other NFL news though I'd love to be able to have those discussions. And I have a feeling that's why some non-Packer stuff makes its way onto the main board. And while I understand and agree with only wanting Packer stuff in the Packer news forum, there doesn't seem to be a good place to go and talk about general NFL stuff. Maybe "The Atrium", but that's not really that forum's intended purpose.

That is some pretty good insight. That's why I suggested the Newbot have it's own separate forum and not allow it to post in any other forum. Your logic pretty much negates allowing it to even have a sub-forum in the Packer Forum or All Other Teams Discussions Forum. It having it's own exclusive forum will allow members to "ignore" those threads if they do not wish to read them while keeping them out of the main forums so as to all discussions to happen.

12theTruth

That is some pretty good insight. That's why I suggested the Newbot have it's own separate forum and not allow it to post in any other forum. Your logic pretty much negates allowing it to even have a sub-forum in the Packer Forum or All Other Teams Discussions Forum. It having it's own exclusive forum will allow members to "ignore" those threads if they do not wish to read them while keeping them out of the main forums so as to all discussions to happen.

I try to make the newsbot feel wanted here and there by giving it a like :). But yeh I agree with those who wish for it to be in a sub or separate forum. :)

I

I_am_smoked_cheddar

A reminder : Newsbot post team and player NEWS . Many questions posted would be answered by simply checking there first. I would personally prefer a different avatar , but that is beyond my control.

You must be logged in to see this image or video!

PackerfaninCarolina

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Topic coming up again due to the Dez Bryant thread in the Packer Discussion section. Nobody including myself have issues with that, but it would make more sense if the other teams discussion thread didn't have all the newsbot's threads getting in its way so threads like the Dez Bryant thread can be used there and more open discussions on other teams can be done there.

I do think it oughtta be considered either to either get rid of the newsbot or put it in a different section.

Mondio

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Topic coming up again due to the Dez Bryant thread in the Packer Discussion section. Nobody including myself have issues with that, but it would make more sense if the other teams discussion thread didn't have all the newsbot's threads getting in its way so threads like the Dez Bryant thread can be used there and more open discussions on other teams can be done there.

I do think it oughtta be considered either to either get rid of the newsbot or put it in a different section.
I don't even look in this section, other than today I saw someone else came up in the new posts :) I agree. It is useless to post anything in here though because in about 20 minutes all these posts will probably be buried by newsbot posts and there would be no discussion.

longtimefan

Staff member
Reaction score

Send robdog a message

He controls it

Staff online

Members online

Latest posts