News and updates from the Combine

smlutz

Cheesehead
Reaction score
It is being reported that OL Joe Thomas ran a 4.9 40 which is blazing for an OL. Levi Brown also reported to have ran a 5.3, which will lower his stock greatly.

porky88

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Greg Olsen - 4.47
Zach Miller - 4.84
Ben Patrick 4.78
Scott Chandler 4.81

All possible first Day Draft picks

EDIT:

Olsen just ran a 4.45 on his 2nd try. Miller a 4.83. To me it looks like Olsen would fill a bigger need for the Packers because with that mid 4.4 speed he could stretch the field for us.

porky88

Cheesehead
Reaction score
It is being reported that OL Joe Thomas ran a 4.9 40 which is blazing for an OL. Levi Brown also reported to have ran a 5.3, which will lower his stock greatly.

5.3 won't lower his stock. 40 times aren't that important for an offensive line. The cone drill is more important. Brown is still a top 15 pick in the Draft and possibly top 10. He also had 31 reps of 225 which is solid.

OP
OP
A
Reaction score
Yeah Olsen had some good times, by far the fastest.

I was surprised with Michael Allan, 4.67 for a D-3 player is impressive.

Kevin Boss also peaked my interest, running a 4.74 and has experience as a HB and FB. Might be one to possibly convert to FB later on.

porky88

Cheesehead
Reaction score
all about da packers said:
The question, IMO, is whether or not Olsen can maintain that mid 4.40 speed with the pads on.

Your thoughts on that porky?

Everyone slows down some in pads. Though even in pads it's hard to imagine Olsen not being faster than anyone else there today. He really impressed me with this speed. I think even with pads on he's still going to have 4.5 to 4.6 speed and he really seems like a good fit for GB. If Lynch is gone, trading down for Olsen is an option for the Packers in my opinion. He’s been the most impressive TE today and I doubt he lasts until mid round 2.

porky88

Cheesehead
Reaction score
all about da packers said:
In your opinion, would he be a reach at 16?

Depends who is on the board but for the most part I would say yes.

Marshawn Lynch, Ted Ginn, Dwayne Jarrett, Dwayne Bowe, Laron Landry, Reggie Nelson, Adam Carriker, and Charles Johnson are all guys whom I believe have better value at 16 than Olsen but a lot of times teams reach for needs so a team like Cincinnati or Green Bay could take him in their respective spots and it wouldn‘t shock me like say Calvin Johnson falling to Minnesota at #7.

I certainly think if Green Bay could move down and pickup another 3rd rounder as well and still end up with Olsen it would be a good move. It depends whom is on the board I suppose. I believe Lynch is going to be a great back in the NFL so I wouldn't pass on him unless a tremendous deal came up. Looking at the order the Jets look like a good suitor to move down. Green Bay and NYJ could swap picks and Green Bay could pickup an additional 3rd rounder. The Jets have two 2nd round picks (one from Washington) so they could feel a late Day 1 pick is expandable.

smlutz

Cheesehead
Reaction score
smlutz said:

5.3 won't lower his stock. 40 times aren't that important for an offensive line. The cone drill is more important. Brown is still a top 15 pick in the Draft and possibly top 10. He also had 31 reps of 225 which is solid.

Draft experts disagree...saying he might be out of the top 15-20 now.

NDPackerFan

Cheesehead
Reaction score
imagine we draft olsen and lynch ... i think it would be my dream come true

yeah, I agree..only problem is that the Packers only have one first round draft pick and it's probably going to take two to get both guys. Olsen helped himself huge yesterday and Lynch will go in the 1st round.

PackerLegend

Cheesehead
Reaction score
We wont get Calvin Johnson but he ran a 4.35 and weighs 239 pounds!
Another WR we could look at possibly is Jason Hill who ran a 4.32

PackerLegend

Cheesehead
Reaction score
RB/FB Bench

1. Brian Leonard 28
2. Alonzo Coleman 27
3. Lorenzo Booker 26
4. Chris Henry 26
5. Nate Ilaoa 26
6. Tony Hunt 24
7. Deon Anderson 23
8. Thomas Clayton 23
9. Garrett Wolfe 22
10. Ronnie Mcgill 22

Marshawn Lynch had 20 reps

kmac

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Wow, what a showing for WR Robert Meachem. He ran a 4.36 40, and he was expected to run in the mid-4.4 range. We know he's got the other measurables too, so watch him in the ball catching drills. If he looks spectacular in those, we could have a new #2 WR, depending on the pro days of Jarrett and Ginn.

kmac

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Meachem looked near perfect in all of the catching drills, I was really impressed.

Stanton's looking really impressive too. I'd say he's easily my #3 QB at this point.

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts