News about Havner....

A12ROD903

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I just read that the district attorneys office in Nevada County found insufficient evidence to charge Spencer Havner. So I guess hes cleared. Thats good news. Hopefully now he can get back to GB for the offseason program.

And on a side note- CM3's brother Kevin who is a center at Texas A&M will or has visited the Vikings.... Could you imagine the brother rivalry that would cause?! It would be entertaining.

PackersRS

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I just read that the district attorneys office in Nevada County found insufficient evidence to charge Spencer Havner. So I guess hes cleared. Thats good news. Hopefully now he can get back to GB for the offseason program.
Isn't he already in GB in the offseason program? And if he's not, it's probably because he was hurt during the accident...
And on a side note- CM3's brother Kevin who is a center at Texas A&M will or has visited the Vikings.... Could you imagine the brother rivalry that would cause?! It would be entertaining.
Damn those queens. They really wish they were us. They keep getting our scrubs, like Montgomery, and now they're trying to get the family members of our stars? That's just shameful...

You know? The Vikings scouting department's procedure consists of watching Packers games, seeing when Packers' players contracts will expire, and trying to find Packers' relatives that could come to their teams.

So here's a prediction. If he becomes a FA, Kris Jenkins will sign with the Vikings.

YouFrgotPoland

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Woooo Havner!!!!!! We need him. He won't be on a lot of our opponents radars next season. They'll be all worried about Finley (as they should be), and then bam, short pass to Havner, stiff arms his way to the endzone!!!

OP
OP
A12ROD903

A12ROD903

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Isn't he already in GB in the offseason program? And if he's not, it's probably because he was hurt during the accident...

Im not sure he was. He was a free agent and the Packers re-signed him around April 1. I am not sure where he is or what he was doing. Plus the injury like you said.

NYPacker

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Kevin Matthews is Clay's cousin not his brother. Clay's brother Casey Matthews is actually a middle linebacker for the Oregon Ducks and a damn good one if I do say so myself. I hope the Packers jump at the chance to draft the second Matthews brother in the 2011 draft.

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KUz2o2a_OXA]YouTube - Oregon linebacker Casey Matthews Highlights[/ame]

3irty1

Fear the Dreads!
Reaction score
I'd hate to play against their High School when they were playing there.

OP
OP
A12ROD903

A12ROD903

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Kevin Matthews is Clay's cousin not his brother. Clay's brother Casey Matthews is actually a middle linebacker for the Oregon Ducks and a damn good one if I do say so myself. I hope the Packers jump at the chance to draft the second Matthews brother in the 2011 draft.

YouTube - Oregon linebacker Casey Matthews Highlights

My fault, youre correct. And I knew about the bro being a linebacker and I still f'd it up lol:swoon2:

DILLIGAFF

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I believe he is already in GB. His injury was to cost him 4 to 6 weeks. I am sure he is doing rehab and what conditioning he can do with GB Packers staff.

While we are talking about Havner, I am surprised another team before the incident did not give Havner a look, he had the lowest tender on him. A solid special teams guy to go along with being a productive 3rd or 2nd TE combined with his LB abilities.

In all I am surprised that TT did not try and work out a long term deal, we paid Bush and got him under a long term contract and I consider Havner's value as equal or greater than the perceived value of Bush when he signed that big contract.

Mack_20

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Casey Matthews looks just as instinctive as Clay.. That would really be somethin to have two Matthews on our linebacking crew.. I like the sound of it

DILLIGAFF

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Casey Matthews looks just as instinctive as Clay.. That would really be somethin to have two Matthews on our linebacking crew.. I like the sound of it

Where is he projected to go in the draft? I am all for adding a more athletic all around player next to Barnett.

I am not sold on Hawk, too one dimensional and not sure Chillar is the answer as a starter, but excellent for depth and special teams.

If McCain falls to 23 in the first round I can see TT picking him, but if a player like Casey Mathews could be had in the 4th or latter rounds would be a nice pick.

OP
OP
A12ROD903

A12ROD903

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Where is he projected to go in the draft? I am all for adding a more athletic all around player next to Barnett.

I am not sold on Hawk, too one dimensional and not sure Chillar is the answer as a starter, but excellent for depth and special teams.

If McCain falls to 23 in the first round I can see TT picking him, but if a player like Casey Mathews could be had in the 4th or latter rounds would be a nice pick.

Chillar got a pretty nice contract extension last year, something like 4-5 yrs. Looks like they like him.

lancer84

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Boy i hope we get Casey Mathews....Good to hear the update though, Havner looks pretty good for an unknown.

ivo610

Cheesehead
Reaction score

Not exactly. They sent the case back to the police to provide more detail. Pretty common. They could still charge him at any point. I dont believe the case at this point would have any impact on his offseason program.

olwig420

Cheesehead
Reaction score
If we want to move into the direction of drafting family we should look at getting Maurkice Pouncey this year and his bro Michael next year.

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts