Newhouse vs Allen

YouFrgotPoland

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Division matchup this weekend everyone. Packers are obviously favored, but as we know with our division games, a lot of things go out the window. I think this is a pretty damn important matchup in the game. Allen is killing it this year, and it is only Newhouse's second start. Marshall has played well so far, but Allen is tops in the league. I'm sure they'll send some TE's and RB's his way to help him out, but still, Allen is going to get some one on one's at some point. What is everyone's thoughts on how our young lineman will do?

Greenbayphil

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Expect alot of pressure, maybe 2 or 3 sacks?
Good thing about this team though is Even if Allen does manage to get past Newhouse Rodgers has great pocket awareness and we have all seen him dodging linebackers like nothing else!

So be thankful that Rodgers can extend the play :p

thepackers1fan4

Pack attack 4 ever!
Reaction score
Division matchup this weekend everyone. Packers are obviously favored, but as we know with our division games, a lot of things go out the window. I think this is a pretty damn important matchup in the game. Allen is killing it this year, and it is only Newhouse's second start. Marshall has played well so far, but Allen is tops in the league. I'm sure they'll send some TE's and RB's his way to help him out, but still, Allen is going to get some one on one's at some point. What is everyone's thoughts on how our young lineman will do?

He will do just fine, just give him a little help and Rodgers will have the ball out in no time.
just send the receivers on little slant routes or seem routes and the Packers will have a big day and get the win.

Croak

Vincit qui patitur
Reaction score
Newhouse will definitely have his hands full. I expect some running back help for him. I also would expect some quick slants and dump passes right into the area Allen vacates so quickly.

realcaliforniacheese

A-Rods Boss
Reaction score
We'll we will find out how good Newhouse can really be. I am sure he is going to have help and when he doesn't I think the ball will be gone real quick. Plus we can use his aggressive pursuit against him.

packerfan4ever

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I think he will hold his own A-Rod may get sacked just to get Allen off his back, but then look out he will be on a roll.

TJV

Lifelong Packers Fanatic
Reaction score
This game will definitely be the best test for Newhouse so far. Perhaps the best test this season because the next time he faces Allen it’ll be at home on grass. I expect he’ll need and get help but this will give us a very good idea of where he is. I’ll be watching Newhouse’s feet – Allen is very quick around the edge but he’s also strong enough to bull rush if the OT is “cheating” outside. That’s what makes him so good – along with a Matthews-like motor.

I agree the play-calling will likely help Newhouse out. It will also be interesting to see how well the TEs chip Allen. I’ve noticed on more than a few occasions Packers’ TEs “chipping” DEs off balance by really delivering a blow instead of just going through the motions. As I’ve posted before, I think the great thing about this situation is the Packers have not one, but two very young prospects who both have a legit shot at excelling at LT.

ivo610

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I wont be surprised if he ends up on the bench to be honest. Jared Allen is packers kryptonite

Jordyruns

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Allen feeds on weak packers lefts tackles (Babre and co) clifton and other good tackles normally keep him relativly in check. At least from the little I've seen.

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts