1. Welcome to Green Bay Packers NFL Football Forum & Community!
    Packer Forum is one of the largest online communities for the Green Bay Packers.

You are currently viewing our community forums as a guest user.

Having an account grants you additional privileges, such as creating and participating in discussions. Furthermore, we hide most of the ads once you register as a member! Furthermore, we hide most of the ads once you register as a member!

Newest Draft Rumor

Discussion in 'All Other Team Discussions' started by slackerbacker, Mar 28, 2005.

1. slackerbacker

slackerbacker Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    I herd this morning on a local radio sports talk show that SF is considering trading the #1 pick to SD for QB, Philip Rivers, and SD's #12 pick. Evidently, SD covets 1 of the top WRs in the draft? Has anyone else herd this? No doubt, rumors will continue until the draft...it should be interesting to see how far teams will go to move up in the draft.
  2. sixone220

sixone220 Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +1 / 0 / -0
    There have been rumors about a possible trade that would have San Diego send Rivers to San Francisco for the top choice in April's NFL draft, the Washington Post reports. All this is pure speculation at this point, but with Drew Brees also in the fold, acquiring the top pick to draft wideout Braylon Edwards is certainly an intriguing possibility for the Chargers.
  3. Zero2Cool

Zero2Cool Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +7 / 1 / -0
    Packer Fan Since:
    not sure how much this means but their owner/gm person whoever makes the decisions on the players is hell bent on keeping rivers around. he did what he had to to save face with giving brees a franchise tag as if to say 'lets see you do that again and we'll talk' type of thing

Rivers will not be traded, it goes against everything I've heard and goll dang it I want the Packers to pick up Brees so Rivers MUST stay ;-)