New view from new sections

Vltrophy

Full On Cheesehead
Reaction score
I'm sure it's a nice view. Binoculars'll come in handy I'm sure

Vltrophy

Full On Cheesehead
Reaction score
If your at the very top at least you'll be shielded from the cold for the most part. IMO anyway

I

I asked LT to delete my acct

Two peoples separated by a common language. I noticed the auto sensor blocked my term for a cigarette.

I`ve been sratching my head wondering what it was you said that needed blocking out.....lol
Our dialects make our language even funnier. Where I come from, if you are annoyed over something, you have a cobb on. However one of my supervisors comes from Sunderland and always laughed if I said it. It turns out where she comes from it means you have an ******** !!!! Now I am very careful what I say....lol

weeds

Fiber deprived old guy.
Reaction score
Took a ride up to Green Bay yesterday to take in practice and wander around Lambeau...was surprised by the elevated stairway going up to the Oneida gate. Looks like the steps leading up to the US Capitol building. I asked one of the guys in red vests what they put under those steps and they replied that it was a players lunch room/cafeteria...and extending further south they're putting up extended weight training areas and other things that I don't recall reading about or hearing anything in the local media about... still here it is and it's far more extensive than I thought:

http://www.packers.com/news-and-eve...novation/316535aa-d76f-4023-8ad5-814d0eea2ce5

The scope of this thing is astounding actually. I remember pulling into the Lambeau lot just to touch the corrogated sheet metal that used to be the Lambeau facade ...hahaha...

Oshkoshpackfan

YUT !!!
Reaction score
The only good thing I can see from that top section with the overhang is the amount of leg room it looks to have, otherwise you wont be seeing jack **** from way up there.

weeds

Fiber deprived old guy.
Reaction score
I remember actually sitting in the top row (60???), south end zone of the bowl...this was before the Brown County resident seats were put in actually before the initial renovation -- gotta tell ya, THOSE seats were too far away for my taste, now they've put seats into the Earth's exosphere ... well, I wouldn't attend a game if tickets for those seats were GIVEN to me - still, I'm not much of a stadium guy anymore - now, my son would trade body parts to get face value tickets but, not me.

PackFanNChiTown

Bear Fan's Bane
Reaction score
The part I like the most is the actual seats. I wish the next project would be to start getting rid of the aluminum benches and replacing them with actual seating. I realize some of our "wider" brethren might not care for the change but it would go a long way to improving the game experience IMHO.

realcaliforniacheese

A-Rods Boss
Reaction score
The part I like the most is the actual seats. I wish the next project would be to start getting rid of the aluminum benches and replacing them with actual seating. I realize some of our "wider" brethren might not care for the change but it would go a long way to improving the game experience IMHO.
I think that would kill the whole mystic of Lambeau, it's the bowl and those bench seats that make Lambeau a special place. I know it was not a complete bowl then but you can still imagine being at the Ice Bowl sitting there.

realcaliforniacheese

A-Rods Boss
Reaction score
So.... where will they cram more seating with the NEXT expansion do you suppose? Anyone having visions of that North endzone scoreboard surrounded by seating somehow? Of course then they'd have to change the view of the stadium from Lombardi Avenue...
I could see them building seating around the tops of the luxury boxes. Putting that same cover that reflects the sound downward and filling the seats with some loud youngbloods would do a lot to boot the noise level at Lambeau.

PackFanNChiTown

Bear Fan's Bane
Reaction score
The bowl probably would not seat as many. Who do you ask to give up their season tickets they waited 20 years for?
Oh I think they could find a way to manage things somehow, likely with the next stadium expansion. There's just too many times people go to take their "seat" only to find they're sandwiched between two sumo-looking individuals who are taking up 2-3 "seats" on the bench. Get real seats with arms on them and guarantee all fans an equal amount of space to park their butts and things will be more enjoyable and it will complete Lambeau's transition to a "modern" stadium.

Wood Chipper

Fantasy Football Guru
Reaction score
While I wouldn't sit there, it is going to be cheaper seats and more people will be able to go to a live Packers game.

Forget Favre

Cheesehead
Reaction score
^ my buddy got lucky and is going to see the pack play the redskins. He got 2 ( fairly decent ) tickets for $500. Don't knows the details, like if that was a "hook up" type price of just face ticket value. All I know is I am drinking the hateorade on him right now.
250 per ticket, to me, is too much. SMH.
It's 50/50 that Packers are going to win on any given Sunday.
If the Packers lost and I spent a few hundred on a ticket, I would feel like I didn't get my monies worth.
No thanx. I'll stay at home and invest or spend on other things.

Last edited:

Forget Favre

Cheesehead
Reaction score
This pic was taken from the south end zone viewing platform, the highest point in the stadium.

You must be logged in to see this image or video!
I dunno man.
It's so far away that the lines and numbers are not visible. :roflmao:

Forget Favre

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Other team, including all other sports, should take a cue and learn from this.
To improve their existing stadium instead of building a new one every 10 years which is a waste of money, resources and time.

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts