New Twist to 2011

Archangel

Cheesehead
Reaction score
As we all know, there is a very high chance of there being no football in 2011. But there is a sliver lining in this whole thing, and the Packers play a role in it.

There is a chance the CBA can be done before March, mainly because of 2 things, Josh McDaniels and the Green Bay Packers.

No owner is gonna wanna pay a new coach to sit at home in watch college football, and the UFL.
The Packers have gotten 2 coaches fired, Wade and Brad.
Josh McDaniels complete dismantle of the Broncos is another reason why there is a chance. Let me tell whats going on in Denver, Pat Bowlen(owner,president and CEO) would have to pay 3 head coaches in 2011, if there is no football. He would be paying 3 coaches to sit at home. 2011 is the last season he has to pay Mike Shannahan, he just fired Josh, whom will be getting paid both the 2011 and 2012 season, plus the new coach.
Pat will be trying his best to get the owners to pull there heads out of there rich ***** and get a deal done. Also billions of dollars could be/will be lost by the owners, which gives them more reason to get a deal. So just like Mike Golic, I think a deal gets done before March, mainly because of the reasons above.
:detsux: SO thanks Packers and McDaniels, for giving some type of hope for football next year.

SpartaChris

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I think it was figured out the league would lose close to $2 Billion next year if there is no football. That breaks down to $64.5 Million per team.

They'll lose $1 Billion alone between March and August if there is no football. This alone will be incentive enough for team owners to make sure there is football next season.

Members online

Latest posts