New to the Forum

Devil_Doc

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Hey everyone, name is Devil Doc, you can use Doc for short. I'm currently deployed to Iraq with 2nd LAAD BN out of Cherry Point, North Carolina, and have been serving as a US Navy Corpsman for the past 6 years. Raised in NC, but born a Packers fan! It took me awhile to find one, but it looks like I finally found a good Packers talk forum. I look forward to enjoying all the threads.

-Doc :new:

OP
OP
Devil_Doc

Devil_Doc

Cheesehead
Reaction score
all about da packers said:
Welcome aboard, always space for another Packer Backer.

Army dude eh? Well I just gotta say God Bless Doc, and take care. :)

Navy brother, Navy! I serve as a combat medic for the Marine Corps....like in that movie flags of our fathers, just not as extreme. But same job.

vikesrule

Cheesehead
Reaction score
First and foremost, Thank you for the job that you are doing!
You are in "Harms Way", Salute.
Being a Corpsman with the Marines is one tough job. Damn proud of you.
As an ex-Navy man myself ....GO NAVY!

Now....just what in the hell is a respectable sailor doing, being a freakin' cheesehead....are you daft? :razz:

Seriously Doc, take care!

Pack93z

You retired too? .... Not me. I'm in my prime
Reaction score
Welcome aboard DOC... and as well I would like to pass along the many thanks for the sacrifices you and all the other military personnel give up for our freedoms, such as this fine PACKER board...

PS... watch the sneaky little gnome dude... them Viking fans are a little squirrelly... :razz:

You must be logged in to see this image or video!

Zero2Cool

I own a website
Reaction score
Marine eh? Ya know when I first saw your name and it reminded me of a fella I played Tribes 2 with. Devil_Dog. He was a marine as well. I believe there's a neat story behind the 'devil dog' could you share it with us? I'd try but I surely will mess it up lol

OP
OP
Devil_Doc

Devil_Doc

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Marine eh? Ya know when I first saw your name and it reminded me of a fella I played Tribes 2 with. Devil_Dog. He was a marine as well. I believe there's a neat story behind the 'devil dog' could you share it with us? I'd try but I surely will mess it up lol

During WWI, the Marines that took Belleu Wood were given the nickname Teufel Hundin by the Germans, which translated into Devil Dog. It was from thier feirce fighting, and I believe when the Germans heard the Marines fighting, they thought they heard barking, and then the name "Devil Dog" came about. German historians deny this, and really have no record of this term, but american historians obviously disagree. Devil Dog is a term now more used for junior Marines, but is still considered a compliment to most.

digsthepack

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Welcome Doc. As the son of a Marine, I honor your efforts and sacrifice for a cause much greater than selfish pursuits. Thank you for your service.

Welcome to the board.

Navy, vikesrule?? A bunch of Anchor Clankers!!

Staff online

Members online

Latest posts