New to Forum: Bleeding Gold and green

Packrat12

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Hey all. I posted on a different thread already. Didn't know about the formal intros. I have been reading some of the threads and this seems to be a good place to visit with folks of close interest. I am a member of a Notre Dame Forum, so I am familiar with the way these sites work. I will be respectful to you, and I will assume respect will be given..............

So about me:
I am from Kansas City Mo. I am 26 and a huge Packers, and Fighting Irish fan. I became a Packers fan when I was 9 years old and a fg kicker for my hometown Chiefs missed a kick, and my dad trying to console me put on a Packers game. There was a great QB,(I think he died), and I was hooked. I read Instant Replay and Distant Replay and was fascinated with the team orientation displayed by those guys. In 2004, I went to a Monday Night game in Green Bay. We got our tails whipped by the Titans. It was one of the most pleasurable experiences of my life. I think Mike McCarthy is a genius, and Ted Thomson is up there with the angels in heaven. I hope Dom Capers stays for eternity and Clay Matthews is the only Trojan that can ever be excused.

I have noticed a large dislike for #4 around here. I would like to clear the air about my stance on this issue. When he wore Green and Gold he was god to me. He deserved the right to hang up the cleats when he felt fit. So be it, his choice, I refuse to acknowledge him until he comes home and begs for a spot in the ring. True fact:I have a 5 year old daughter. He was the first famous person she could recognize. So when he moved on, I spoke of AR only in my house. So I was watching the Packers/Vikings game earlier this season. He takes his helmet off on the sidelines, and she see him and says, "Is that Brett Favre?" I tell her ya, and she responds casually, " Oh, I thought he died." Then she moved on with her day, cause if you aint a Packer my kid don't care.

I traded Randy Moss in my keeper league to acquire Aaron Rodgers and that was one of my greatest deals in my fantasy football history.

Just wanted to give you a glimpse of me, comment if you want. I don't like to argue, it is pointless, but I love to share ideas and thoughts.

IluvGB

I <3 Packers!!!!
Reaction score
LOL!! Great intro for sure!!

GB fan living in KC, or wait,..maybe originally from there. Great place to be a GB fan! I love wearing my Packer gear,..always fun exchanges!

I love the story of your daughter...Too cute! She would of only know him as the "retirement Favre" for those 5 yrs!
It's an amazing experience win or lose going to Lambeau, I've been to one game (a loss) but looking forward to going again!
Looking forward to more of your posts! and WELCOME!

OP
OP
Packrat12

Packrat12

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Welcome, what do you think of Mason Crosby? haha :)

I like Mason. He is a solid kicker, young and still learning imo. I must admit though I hate when any kicker misses. That is their only job, and being a former kicker in hs when they miss one I could have made (believe me I was no prospect) it annoys me greatly. What I have noticed about Mason is he only misses if the offense puts him in a tough place. I never worry about short ones, and Packers stick together. There was many things about the Chiefs I didn't like that was just the final straw..........

Members online

Latest posts