Negativity

• Thread starter I asked LT to delete my acct
  • Start date
OP
OP
I

I asked LT to delete my acct

I tried taking my shirt off and sitting next to the freezer but it didn`t work.....lol. I`ve been looking for rallying music and found this.

You must be logged in to see this image or video!

OP
OP
I

I'm always a believer in the team no matter what the circumstances. I'm a little new here so I don't know yet who all posts what, but some of the other forums I've been a member of I've had to restrain myself from going full melee on other posters because of what I've deemed unfair criticisms of Mike McCarthy. Been a season full of injuries and when you play half of it without Aaron Rodgers, it's awful hard to expect too much more than what we got now record wise.

That being said, I am concerned about the run defense going up against Frank Gore, but maybe we can rally the troops to load the box and stop him.

Hey Bud, I KNOW this isn`t going to be easy, and our guys NEED to give 110% in this game. All bravado aside, I`m probably that wound up over this one that I`ve had little or no sleep :D, but the visitors have come into here talking about how their guys are gonna do this and that to us !!! well I for one, although by the responses here I`m not alone, say this.........BRING IT ON. Our last appearence in a Superbowl, WE won it !, can they say that ? NO.
They can and will be beaten. And welcome to the forum ;)

weeds

Fiber deprived old guy.
Reaction score
I'm always a believer in the team no matter what the circumstances. I'm a little new here so I don't know yet who all posts what, but some of the other forums I've been a member of I've had to restrain myself from going full melee on other posters because of what I've deemed unfair criticisms of Mike McCarthy. Been a season full of injuries and when you play half of it without Aaron Rodgers, it's awful hard to expect too much more than what we got now record wise.

That being said, I am concerned about the run defense going up against Frank Gore, but maybe we can rally the troops to load the box and stop him.

Welcome to the forum, man. I'll give you some friendly advice then ... stay away from the 'chat' feature during the game. I'm warning ya.... there are a few guys that go full jihad after nearly every play that doesn't go for 40+ -- yeah, I'm not kidding. ;) If you elect to explore that option and it's certainly your prerogative to do so .... don't complain to me about systemic DNA changes causing birth defects to future children and what not...tellin' ya ... it's the Lord of Flies in there. :whistling:

Regarding Gore ... I don't recall which beating it was - the three have kind of melted together into one great big beating, but the Pack were successful in bottling up Gore, but were unable to contain on the outside AND still created no pressure on Kid Tattoo. Alongside your train of thought, I fear that the Pack make a fatal decision to plug up Gore and, not having the talent at OLB to compensate - end up with a re-run of the playoff game from last year.

I think the Pack's winning is contingent on Capers throwing something at them that they've never seen before - I'm not holding my breath on that one...and it will fall on Rodgers' offense to score 40 and hope the defense can make one or two stops this time.

....and I say that with only the utmost in GOOD KARMA and total POSITIVITY. :sneaky:

weeds

Fiber deprived old guy.
Reaction score
In the interests of positivity.... DO NOT turn on ESPN. Those guys are performing ******** on the 49'ers

hit and run

Cheesehead
Reaction score
We'll find a way to get it done. Before the Whiners started their little three game win steak over us, we won eight in a row. It's our time. Go Pack!!!!

OP
OP
I

To ALL Packer fans out there reading this;........We are gonna kill these guys

You must be logged in to see this image or video!

To all you 49er fans out there !!!...............WELCOME TO HELL !

weeds

Fiber deprived old guy.
Reaction score
Well, it's not 'hell' ... according to Anthony Davis, it's "Welcome to Sh*thole". I'm going to sit back and enjoy this game without blowing a gasket -- be it resolved and make it so. Win or Lose ... the number of games we get in a season are finite. Yepper ... cool, calm and collected ... I may even nap through the game. This is how relaxed I'm going to be.

2411t

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Please try !

Very hard... It's my last day in town, and I'm watching the game w/ my dad. Worst idea ever. I'm getting so pissed off about how pessimistic he is, and his asinine remarks about marijuana legalization. He thinks everyone is walking around Colorado high as ****.

OP
OP
I

Very hard... It's my last day in town, and I'm watching the game w/ my dad. Worst idea ever. I'm getting so pissed off about how pessimistic he is, and his asinine remarks about marijuana legalization. He thinks everyone is walking around Colorado high as ****.

My old man used to make me laugh because he knew everything about everything...lol

Poppa San

* Team Owner *
Staff member
Reaction score
They're not? Wasn't that part of the cause for the summer of luvin' back in the day? Calling my travel agent to get a refund now.

profile_removed

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Should not be allowed for the next 48 hours at least. We CAN beat them. Records count for nothing now, the season is done, its just THEM and US. They`re coming to OUR stadium, playing in weather WE are used to, not them.
I dont give a rats *** about their QB, OURS is the big dog in this fight. I`m not saying they aren`t good, but WE are better !!!!

C`MON THE PACKERS !!!

Records count for nothing: Glad you say that cause this team is 8-12 for the 2013 year. You see a knowledgeable fan knows that there are 19 games in a season to get to the Superbowl IF you do your job correctly. For this team which didn't do their job correctly, they would've needed 20 (again). It's about time we as fans stopped failing this team. It's about time that we made clear we EXPECT to be 19-0 every year and win the Superbowl in perpetuity, and anything less means that coaches players and management have room to improve! It's time that we made it clear that anything less than a playoff appearance and playoff wins at Lambeau is unacceptable! It's damn time that we as fans start looking at the management of this team, and realize that we are on the down slide. This GM took over a 2nd tier team, turned it into a Superbowl Champion and top tier team, then turned it back into a second tier team. This to me says that this team has gone as far as Ted can take us, and this take is going backwards under Ted's direction. Don't get me wrong, it isn't JUST Ted, but he is the ultimate decision maker when it comes to players and probably coaches. I do think BESIDES sending Ted packing we need to send Campen, Capers, Slocum and whoever is coaching our DBs. Get rid of those 5 individuals, and we can start fixing personnel. Fix personnel, we get back where we belong...hoisting the Lombardi Trophy in Titletown U.S.A.

This post while it may come across as negative was not meant as such. It was a way that we as fans can try to force positivity and success upon this team that we the fans own.

adambr2

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Records count for nothing: Glad you say that cause this team is 8-12 for the 2013 year. You see a knowledgeable fan knows that there are 19 games in a season to get to the Superbowl IF you do your job correctly. For this team which didn't do their job correctly, they would've needed 20 (again). It's about time we as fans stopped failing this team. It's about time that we made clear we EXPECT to be 19-0 every year and win the Superbowl in perpetuity, and anything less means that coaches players and management have room to improve! It's time that we made it clear that anything less than a playoff appearance and playoff wins at Lambeau is unacceptable! It's damn time that we as fans start looking at the management of this team, and realize that we are on the down slide. This GM took over a 2nd tier team, turned it into a Superbowl Champion and top tier team, then turned it back into a second tier team. This to me says that this team has gone as far as Ted can take us, and this take is going backwards under Ted's direction. Don't get me wrong, it isn't JUST Ted, but he is the ultimate decision maker when it comes to players and probably coaches. I do think BESIDES sending Ted packing we need to send Campen, Capers, Slocum and whoever is coaching our DBs. Get rid of those 5 individuals, and we can start fixing personnel. Fix personnel, we get back where we belong...hoisting the Lombardi Trophy in Titletown U.S.A.

This post while it may come across as negative was not meant as such. It was a way that we as fans can try to force positivity and success upon this team that we the fans own.

It's been 3 years.

An average NFL franchise will win a Super Bowl once every 32 years. We've been fortunate enough to be one of the final 12 every year for the last 5, which at least gives us a shot. But every franchise and GM has the same goals we do.

There's nothing wrong with having high expectations and you're correct that there's always room for improvement. But the cold hard reality is that it's just not going to happen every year, and this applies to every franchise in the NFL. The last 2 Super Bowl champions did not even make the playoffs this year.

Overreacting and cleaning house every year isn't going to get you closer to the goal. It's going to get you farther away.

profile_removed

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I was not advocating either intentionally or accidentally for 'cleaning house every year'. I was and AM however advocating for cleaning house this year because we're right back where the regime started and about to slide lower.

adambr2

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I was not advocating either intentionally or accidentally for 'cleaning house every year'. I was and AM however advocating for cleaning house this year because we're right back where the regime started and about to slide lower.

Based on what? We were destroyed by injuries, had to play with backup QB's half the season, and STILL managed to win the division and went toe to toe today with one of the best teams in the league and just came up short. Would you feel the same if we had made one more play today and won?

We need to do some things. We need to have a good draft. We should consider all avenues of improving this team, even free agency. We have some holes to fill on defense. We need to take a close look at the chronic injury issues.

But "cleaning house" is a silly thing to even debate over because it's just not happening anyway. TT and MM are going nowhere. You might see Capers replaced, though I would say that it's more likely than not that he's back. You might see a change in the strength and conditioning staff. But that's about it.

adambr2

Cheesehead
Reaction score
In fairness to your TT criticism, I think he's made an unusual amount of mistakes in the last year.

He woefully overestimated his talent at safety and ILB. He went all in on McMillian and MD Jennings. That plan was a disaster.

Few of us felt Brad Jones was a starting quality ILB. He is not. We lack the speed and athleticism on defense to compete with some of the elite NFL offenses. San Francisco is not really an elite offense, but our lack of speed and athleticism is really why Colin Kaepernick looks so much better against us than any other team. We just don't have the athleticism needed to combat his athleticism.

I still like TT. I also think that 2013 was one of his poorest years as a general manager. But again, he's not going anywhere. He's definitely going to have to apply some lessons learned from this season.

OP
OP
I

I get that you are upset. I`m upset, and if having your little rant on the topic I started, makes you feel a little better thats cool. Just a point to think about though. Yes we were beaten.....by a field goal. We stood toe to toe with probably the best team in the NFC, possibly the entire NFL. Of course my rant was stupid, and probably clutching at straws to think we could actually win it, but I HAD to believe we could do it, otherwise what was the point of even watching the game.
I take your points that something has to change to get us back up there, but I totally disagree with the argument of getting shot of the GM. I respect your right to have that opinion, but disagree with it. The conditioning staff yes, but the GM ?, definately not. We`re all pissed right now, but storming the castle with burning torches isn`t going to make things right. Sorry

Last edited by a moderator:
OP
OP
I

Wait till you get to be the "old Man".
You will realize he was right.

I called him the Old man with the greatest respect, and I am nearly an old man myself. He was and always will be my hero ;).

Last edited by a moderator:

Members online

Latest posts