Need video of Packers v Detroit and Packers v Carolina

jael4jud

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Hello from Birmingham, Alabama!

I am really hoping that a die-hard Packers fan can help me with a mess I have made.

While I was house-sitting Thanksgiving week through a series of misunderstandings I managed to push some really wrong buttons on my friend's TV recording equipment (DVR) and I caused him to miss recording two Green Bay Packers games that are very important to him. :shock:
I really need to get a copy of both the Packers vs. Detroit and the Packers vs. Carolina games in order to fix this mistake. My friend was really upset. :cry:

I know that it may seem strange that such a die-hard Packers fan is way down South here in Alabama, but keep in mind that Bart Starr retired down here. My friend was in a Pee-Wee football league that had Bart Starr as a guest speaker and Mr. Starr was kind enough after the presentation to talk with him one-on-one and explain something called the "Packers Sweep." My friend became a Packers fan right then and was only strengthened in his resolve as a "Packer Backer" when he again saw Mr. Starr some fifteen years later and Mr. Starr remembered the previous conversation and even details about my friend's family members etc.

So, in messing up his TV recording equipment I have caused him to lose something that is about as significant as a sacred religious relic, especially given the excellent year the Packers are having.

What's more, I have suggested to my friend that I might be able to find a copy of the games, as all my relatives originally come from Green Bay-- but to no avail thus far-- no one taped the games or they have watched them and already deleted them from Tivo before I called for help.

Do any of you have any idea what I could do to cure this situation for my friend? He has been very gracious and does not blame me, but I really want to get him the copies of the games.

Please let me know anything you can think of to help.

Thank you.

Kristin in Birmingham

(PS- I might have found someone with the Packers v. Detroit game on tape, so my primary focus is Packers v. Carolina. thanks again in advance!)

Latest posts