Need Position Favorites (OT, S, CB, OLB)

claybillings

Cheesehead
Reaction score
So I thought it would be fun if we posted up our favorites in the draft for our need positions. This doesn't necessarily have to fall into a draft order or where the players are supposed to be picked, just list your favorite players for our need positions listed above, plus one bonus position of whatever you like (possibly at punter or something like that).

If you would like you can add an explanation for each pick and why you tihnk they fit best on our team.

OT - Bryan Bulaga, Iowa: Personally I feel other than Russell Okung he is the most complete and pro ready OT in the draft. I would think we could just plug him in and be better than last year.

S - Rashad Jones, Goergia: If you havn't watched his highlights on youtube, you should do it now. This guy is all over the field, and fits our scheme of having interchangable safety play seeing as how he can play both FS and SS. He has a nose for the football and seems to make the play more often than not. Replacement for Bigby

CB - Kyle Wilson/Syd'quan Thompson, Boise St./Cal: I'm really torn between these too players. Both of them are scrappy and create havok for opposing wide receivers with good physical play, however I dont think we are going to get Kyle Wilson. I think both could play immediately and have an impact, both on defense and special teams.

OLB - Jerry Hughes, TCU: This pick most likely would have been O'Brien Schofield before his ACL tear. However I do really enjoy the play of Jerry Hughes. The man is a force in both the pass rush and running game and show flashes of being able to make the transition to outside linebacker.

*BONUS* PR/KR - Walter Thurmond, Oregon: Actually a very decent cornerback who had better stats than his now pro counterparts Jairus Byrd and Patrick Chung. He also was oregons main KR in 2008. And had returned a punt for a td before he blew out his knee, he however is supposed to be ready for the combine.

y5nthon5a1

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I think the first round we get Brandon Graham.

I don't really follow college college football much, but I feel we should be looking at a guy for tackle, in the mid rounds by the name of Selvish Capers from WVU. His draft stock should be higher than it is right now.

PackersRS

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I'll join in, but I'll post first my favorite, and then the most realistic player I like.

OL - Favorite: Russel Okung.
Realistic: Charles Brown.

CB - Favorite: Joe Haden.
Realistic: Perish Cox

S - Favorite: Eric Berry.
Realistic: Chad Jones.

OLB - Favorite: Brandon Graham.
Realistic: Jerry Huges.

KR/PR - Favorite: Dexter McCluster.
Realistic: Trindon Holliday.

RB - Favorite: C.J. Spiller.
Realistic: Joe McNight

DE - Favorite: Ndamukong Suh (duh)
Favorite: Jarred Odrick
Realistic: Alex Carrington

NYPacker

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I think the first round we get Brandon Graham.

I don't really follow college college football much, but I feel we should be looking at a guy for tackle, in the mid rounds by the name of Selvish Capers from WVU. His draft stock should be higher than it is right now.

Graham is a tremendous pass rusher but has shown nothing in coverage. He's not NFL linebacker ready, sounds like another vernon gholston in the making.

NYPacker

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Vernon Gholston didn't have half the PRODUCTION Graham had in college.

Although Gholston didn't have as many tackles as Graham, their sack numbers are neck and neck. Also, Gholston shattered many school records including most sacks in a single game and most college career sacks as a player for Ohio State.

I'm not saying that Graham is going to be the next Vernon Gholston. More or less I'm trying to show what happens when you convert DE's to OLB's without them having significant experience in that position. Some people here will try to argue about Demarcus Ware and Lamar Woodley about their respective transitions. However both Woodley and Ware played in systems where they had to be taught how to cover in spy and flat situations. Graham doesn't have any of that.

ThinkICare

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Graham played plenty of downs as a linebacker. I don't know where you get where he was ONLY a DE.

turbo69

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Depending on who is left when the Packers pick in the 1st round we should go for the OL or OLB. But those are the positions that really need to be filled in the first two rounds.

Members online

Latest posts