Need for speed...

favrebacker4life

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Looks like TT finally woke up and got us some speed. We need returners bad. Im still shaking my head over TT's decision to release Tyrell Sutton last season.

40 times
Morgan Burnett 4.42
James Starks 4.48
Sam Shields 4.30
Jeff Moturi 4.42
Quinn Porter 4.48
Tory Harrison 4.42

21dmvp21

Cheesehead
Reaction score
yes it looks as if TT wants a RB to be his return man this year, he drafted starks (which i think is a stud and will get plenty of reps at RB also) he also signed a few UDFA RB to the roster yesterday with some speed. but im hopefull that Blackmon will come back this year. he was always a nice return guy but has problems staying healty. if he stays healthy he is by far the number one return guy on the roster. i hope he comes back strong. take jordy off the returns so he can focus on becoming a very good WR.

TheGiftedApe

TheGiftedApe
Reaction score
yes I agree, but I don't think starks will be doing any returning, neither will Jordy Nelson, Which if you look at it is kind of nice, cause now hopefully jordy nelson can replace james jones, as the #3 WR and if Starks steps up like his abilities project, he would be the #2 RB, two very valuable posistions. IMO jordy nelson projects as a very nice #2 WR after Donald Driver retires, he big, fast, and has great hands, and after the catch strength.

and this Shields Guy form miami as well as the UDFA guy from stillman, Q.Porter, look like some natural kick returners, and in this POST-D.Hester era, everyteam needs atleast 1 designated KR/PR guy that isnt expected to do much else.

Jess

Movement!
Reaction score
Shields is already one of my favorite Packers and he hasn't made the team yet. :lol:

I want him to be our Hester, but better, because he played WR at Miami for a few years before switching to corner.

NYPacker

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I doubt James Starks was drafted primarily to be a returner. At 6'2 he'll be our receiving back.

DergaSmash

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I agree, Starks will probably be in the running for the 3rd down back. He might even prove good enough to be the 2nd of a two-headed monster rushing attack. (I can dream right?) Either way I think he is too big to be a return guy. Shields will probably make the team just for that if he has the knack for it.

Mack_20

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Yeah I agree I dont think Starks will be used in the return game. Shields probally has the upper hand right now, but he will have to compete with some of the other guys TT brought in after the draft. Don't completely rule out Blackmon as well. If he comes back healthy, he could still be a factor in the return game.

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts