Neal suspended 4 games has ocd

TJV

Lifelong Packers Fanatic
Reaction score
Both are black... both play for the Packers... both went to Big 10 schools... both have two feet, ten fingers and ten toes... the similarities are INSANE!!!!!!
Sarcasm, really? You're the one who whined about others being sarcastic and you are the one who posted, “Sarcasm is the lowest form of wit.” Beyond that can you not understand two concepts simultaneously? While Charles Woodson is on his way to the HOF and Mike Neal is in a struggle to make the roster, they can share characteristics such as both being labeled “injury prone” before they were acquired by the Packers.

Not being able to understand what “and/or” means is one thing, but your use of sarcasm must break the forum record for such a quick display of hypocrisy. :tdown:

We ALL were pissed off when Mike Neal was announced as our pick in round 2 in 2010.
Most of those in that category had no idea who Mike Neal was and just assumed Ted knew best. Or hoped. I, too, hoped.
And congrats to Frank for what must be a record setting turnaround! You must have been pissed off and hopeful at the same time. ;)

AmishMafia

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Sarcasm, really? You're the one who whined about others being sarcastic and you are the one who posted, “Sarcasm is the lowest form of wit.” Beyond that can you not understand two concepts simultaneously? While Charles Woodson is on his way to the HOF and Mike Neal is in a struggle to make the roster, they can share characteristics such as both being labeled “injury prone” before they were acquired by the Packers.

Not being able to understand what “and/or” means is one thing, but your use of sarcasm must break the forum record for such a quick display of hypocrisy.
TJV - be gentle now. Any sign of wit, even its lowest form, can be considered an improvement.

NelsonsLongCatch

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Sarcasm, really? You're the one who whined about others being sarcastic and you are the one who posted, “Sarcasm is the lowest form of wit.” Beyond that can you not understand two concepts simultaneously? While Charles Woodson is on his way to the HOF and Mike Neal is in a struggle to make the roster, they can share characteristics such as both being labeled “injury prone” before they were acquired by the Packers.[/quote]

Is it too hard to say "comparing Charles Woodson, a first ballot HOF player, to Mike Neal, a guy with 9 career tackles, was dumb?

PFanCan

That's MISTER Cheesehead, to you.
Reaction score
And congrats to Frank for what must be a record setting turnaround! You must have been pissed off and hopeful at the same time. ;)

As I also felt "pissed off" and "hopeful" at the same time when Neal's name was called, I guess, I too win the award. I was pissed as Neal was not on my wish list from the remaining available players, but hopeful that the Packer brass was pulling a gem from the rough.

HyponGrey

Caseus Locutus Est
Reaction score
I'm actually surprised. How could anyone do that poorly while on steroids? Aren't they supposed to make you play better in exchange for turning your junk into a microwave hotdog?

TJV

Lifelong Packers Fanatic
Reaction score
This was my favorite part of the PFT article:

"Packers defensive end Mike Neal lost the appeal of his four-game suspension for violating the NFL policy on performance-enhancing substances, but his adamant that he wasn’t suspended for taking a performance-enhancing drug. As evidence his performance was not enhanced, Neal supplied the league tape of his play during the 2011 season. In upholding his suspension the panel agreed his play was terrible but stated, 'that doesn't change the results of the test'."

(JK - I added the last two sentences.)

If true, what a shame - Neal had an uphill battle without the suspension. If it was the result of his not notifying the Packers about a prescription drug…

Croak

Vincit qui patitur
Reaction score

13 Times Champs

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I read that article too and the first thing that came to my mind is; how many of us think Neal will be gone from the Pack this year? He never panned out to be what he was hired to be.

I'm guessing the chances are not great he'll be around. Just the # of players TT has been bringing in our rumored to be bringing in says something. I think TT learned from the Harrell situation and is moving on quicker.

PFanCan

That's MISTER Cheesehead, to you.
Reaction score
As evidence his performance was not enhanced, Neal supplied the league tape of his play during the 2011 season. In upholding his suspension the panel agreed his play was terrible but stated, 'that doesn't change the results of the test'."

(JK - I added the last two sentences.)

LOL! You suckered me in to that one as I hadn't read the original link. As I was reading your post, I was thinking, "I can't believe they wrote this!"

AmishMafia

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I read that article too and the first thing that came to my mind is; how many of us think Neal will be gone from the Pack this year? He never panned out to be what he was hired to be.
you can't give up on a guy with his potential yet. His injuries have been frustrating and if what he is saying about the circumstances of his positive test are true, we must see if he can stay healthy for once.

AmishMafia

Cheesehead
Reaction score
you can't give up on a guy with his potential yet. His injuries have been frustrating and if what he is saying about the circumstances of his positive test are true, we must see if he can stay healthy for once.

AmishMafia

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I don't know how you can watch tape of Neal last year and think that Adderall is an effective performance enhancing drug.

SpartaChris

Cheesehead
Reaction score
If it turns out he genuinely had a prescription for Adderall and it didn't find it's way to the league office for whatever reasons, then I really hope he get's it overturned. I mean, it worked for Andre Brown, so there's no reason it shouldn't work for Neal, provided it's legit. Otherwise the suspension should stand.

okcpackerfan

Cheesehead
Reaction score
On the real though, I am in my 20's and actually started taking Adderall a couple of months ago myself. Believe me...you can get a lot of **** done. Is it performance enhancing? On a football field not really, in a study and work environment I would say yes. There are all sorts of performance enhancing drugs though, caffeine, nicotine, chocolate. They all have their own effects. It reminds me of one of my favorite comedians telling one of my favorite jokes...

Greg Giraldo " they want to keep Bonds and McGwire out of the Hall of Fame because they took an illegal substance, a performance enhancing substance. You know what else is an illegal substance? Crack, crack cocaine is an illegal substance but nobody is taking gold records away from Whitney Houston. And you might say, well yea that's because it's not a performance enhancing drug...really? Have you ever tried crack? Believe me, you can get a lot done."

TheStone

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Assuming Neal tells us the truth about this...... :cautious:

Shouldn't he have had enough knowledge about the rules??
Taking a medicine, especially one that has to be prescribed,
is ALWAYS risk-entailing, because of the NFL rules that ban performance
enhancing substances. You can't just gulp down any pill in the
medicine chest.
And the dirty pee that got him in trouble, was not the first sample
he ever sent to the league, I assume.

Means: He should have been aware of this. Bonehead!! :mad:

Members online

Latest posts