NC Forum officially shut down.

Philtration

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Obi1 said:
Philtration said:
net said:
I asked Ryan to consider have a type of "opposing team dumpster" file where the DuluthVikesfan and others of the ilk could be dumped. They would stay out of the regular Packer stuff, but we could go in there and drop it on them. I remember the weekly fracus caused by the fans from the visiting teams "dropping in" and smearing the NC board.

Miskito chimed in to say that he wasn't a troll, just a Bears fan, and thought that might be a bit harsh.

Ryan said he would think about it.

I agree with Miskito. I was dumped on for being a Bears fan and the insults were very personal. They even insulted my mother and made fun of the fact that my niece was serving in Iraq. When I responded as such, then the cries started to have me banned. If you can't take it then don't dish it out. I used several different names such as Phil in the blanks, Pack Ice, Lactose Intolerant and Fried Cheese. Insulting individuals who post and then whining if they do the same is pretty pathetic. At least this site has a place set aside for smack.

Don't flatter yourself Phil.

YOU didn't post anything BUT smack in the other forum. YOU started the insulting, the humiliating, and the name calling.

THT was why you were RETALIATED by some of the Packer fans.

YOU and other flamers should just quit the flaming.

Yes like when I would not jump on the

PackerTraxx

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Obi1 said:
ArizonaPackerFan said:
faninOz said:
At least here it looks like we will be able to avoid all the idiots and be able to concentrate on the things that matter - the Packers but I will miss the old site.

That's why I enjoy this site and the way Ryan runs things. I'd rather talk about the Packers, share a few laughs, and exchange some stories with fellow posters, than waste my time with twits like Eagle fans and whatever other troll crawls out from under their rock.

I agree with you.

The moderating seems to be a LOT more frequent here. Let's hope it stays that way.

That's why I came here.
I believe the key to eradicating flamers and trolls is, don't respond, just press the blue button. There is no reason for them to be here, especially since we have a Smack forum.

Ryan

Cheesehead
Reaction score
PackerTraxx said:
That's why I came here.
I believe the key to eradicating flamers and trolls is, don't respond, just press the blue button. There is no reason for them to be here, especially since we have a Smack forum.
YES!

P@ck66

Banned
Banned
Reaction score
Leperdmech..thought this was a Packer forum..but as you know there's two sides to every story...

Generals gathered in their masses
just like witches at black masses
evil minds that plot destruction
sorcerers of death's construction
in the fields the bodies burning
as the war machine keeps turning
death and hatred to mankind
poisoning their brainwashed minds, oh lord yeah!

Politicians hide themselves away
they only started the war
Why should they go out to fight?
They leave that role to the poor

Time will tell on their power minds
Making war just for fun
Treating people just like pawns in chess
Wait 'till their judgement day comes, yeah!

Now in darkness, world stops turning
ashes were the bodies burning
No more war pigs of the power
Hand of god has struck the hour
Day of judgement, god is calling
on their knees, the war pigs crawling
Begging mercy for their sins
Satan, laughing, spreads his wings

OH LORD YEAH!

Generals gathered in their masses
Just like Witches at Black Masses
In the fields their bodies burning
As the war machine keeps turning

Evil minds that plot destruction
Sorcerer of death's construction
It's the same wherever you go
To the War Pigs people know

OH LORD YEAH!

Politicians hide themselves away
They only started the war
Treating people just like pawns in chess
Wait till their judgement day comes ... Yeah!

People running like they're sheep in fields
People blowing out their minds
Say that you're dying here ... I know it now
Hey, you're the goner at the end ... Yeah!

On the scene a priest appears
Hell is falling at his knees
Satan sends out funeral pyre
Cast the priest into the fire

It's the place for all bad sinners
Watch them eating dead rat cinders
It's the same wherever you go
To Black Masses people go

OH LORD YEAH!

OZZY OSBOURNE - War Pigs

Ryan

Cheesehead
Reaction score
This could be quite possibly the most off topic thread on this site... love it... love it :)

arrowgargantuan

Cheesehead
Reaction score
wpr said:
Isn't it time to move on?

You must be logged in to see this image or video!

"Amen!"

"and the children stopped the bickering and adolescent finger pointing on the seventh day, as the babysitter proclaimed 'chill! lest ye be moderated and boldy insulted with inflammatory emoticons!!' and the children chilled and drank many a Capri Sun together in the near future."

Psalms 7:12

Ryan

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Alright that's it for the bickering. Bring it back on topic or we will just lock it

<center>****************************************************************
On Topic Posting Resumes </center>

IPBprez

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Heck RYAN - the NC Forum was shut down - don't see a reason why this thread can't do the same - make it official... shut this one down and all new Members are NOW OFFICIAL PACKERFORUM's.... "babes-in-the-woods"... rookies, one & all. Smart Rookies, albeit - but Rookies here on this board just the same.... LOL

C'mon guys, whatdya say? You all ready to leave the NC behind?
Let's do this!

Obi1

Cheesehead
Reaction score
OK Ryan...

Where do you think the overachieving Bears will finish in the NFC north? We all know that they haven't been as good as their record has depicted in the last 2-3 years... What 5 wins? We know that MOST of those wins were by luck... So given the lucky, overachieving nature of the Bears team, what record could we see them finishing with?

a perrennially overachieving 5-11 or will their overachieving ways end this year?

I think their road of perrenial overachievement ends this year and I see a 2-14 season for them.

What do YOU think?

Ryan

Cheesehead
Reaction score
A completely uneducated guess. I would say somewhere in the neighborhood of 5-11. I can see them beating the pack :shock: it's happened in the past when we overlook them. I see them holding down the bottom of the division.

Philtration

Cheesehead
Reaction score
arrowgargantuan said:
wpr said:
Isn't it time to move on?

You must be logged in to see this image or video!

"Amen!"

"and the children stopped the bickering and adolescent finger pointing on the seventh day, as the babysitter proclaimed 'chill! lest ye be moderated and boldy insulted with inflammatory emoticons!!' and the children chilled and drank many a Capri Sun together in the near future."

Psalms 7:12
That is pretty damn funny!

leopardmech

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I think that I have stuck to football and have been polite. Go over my posts. Why do I get you so worked up? I said some negitive things on the other site no doubt. So did a lot of other people

Philtration did you not see Ryans message before you post? Many were guilty of letting this post stray away form topic Myself included but Ryan has asked us to get it back on topic so lets do it. As for all the bickering stop replying and it will stop.
Ryan said:
Alright that's it for the bickering. Bring it back on topic or we will just lock it

<center>****************************************************************
On Topic Posting Resumes </center>

Later
Leopardmech

Ryan

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Thanks Leo

Last try then we will just lock this baby down.

<center> ****************************************************

ON TOPIC POSTING RESUMES

Philtration

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Obi1 said:
OK Ryan...

Where do you think the overachieving Bears will finish in the NFC north? We all know that they haven't been as good as their record has depicted in the last 2-3 years... What 5 wins? We know that MOST of those wins were by luck... So given the lucky, overachieving nature of the Bears team, what record could we see them finishing with?

a perrennially overachieving 5-11 or will their overachieving ways end this year?

I think their road of perrenial overachievement ends this year and I see a 2-14 season for them.

What do YOU think?
Overachievers? Take away Favre and the Packers 3 best defensive players and tell me they go to the playoffs.
The Bears offense was truly offensive last year. I see many reasons to feel that they will be much improved. They got rid of Shay and his sorry play calling, David Terrell (TO without the talent) Jonathan Quinn (worst QB ever!) R.W. McQuarters (burnt like toast) and Paul Edinger (too many missed chip shots)
They bring back a healthy Rex Grossman, Thomas Jones, Brian Urlacher, Mike Brown and Lewis Tillman and one of the best young front fours in the league. They picked up Muhammad (NFL's leading WR last year) drafted Cedrick Benson (Ricky Williams without the bong) and some game busting speed at WR. They also revamped their offensive line with a couple of pro bowlers. This is a young team with a good future. They are loaded in the secondary. The Packers wish they had the Bears problems.

arrowgargantuan

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Philtration said:
Take away Favre and the Packers 3 best defensive players and tell me they go to the playoffs.

thats a pretty lofty argument right there. it would apply to almost every team in the league.

i think the biggest question mark on your team is at the QB spot. it's great that Rex is healthy, but he's still a baby on the field in the grand scheme of things. you have no idea how he'll perform, and thats easily the most important position on the field. however it is great that you put some threats around him.

i hope you guys do great, just not against us.

ok not great, so-so. :wink:

Obi1

Cheesehead
Reaction score
"Overachievers? Take away Favre and the Packers 3 best defensive players and tell me they go to the playoffs.
The Bears offense was truly offensive last year. I see many reasons to feel that they will be much improved. They got rid of Shay and his sorry play calling, David Terrell (TO without the talent) Jonathan Quinn (worst QB ever!) R.W. McQuarters (burnt like toast) and Paul Edinger (too many missed chip shots)
They bring back a healthy Rex Grossman, Thomas Jones, Brian Urlacher, Mike Brown and Lewis Tillman and one of the best young front fours in the league. They picked up Muhammad (NFL's leading WR last year) drafted Cedrick Benson (Ricky Williams without the bong) and some game busting speed at WR. They also revamped their offensive line with a couple of pro bowlers. This is a young team with a good future. They are loaded in the secondary. The Packers wish they had the Bears problems."

YES!

Overachievers.

Bears seem to improve EVERY YEAR on paper Kind of like the Vikings, but, they REALLY have to scratch, claw, and hustle to get their wins.

They were lucky in 2001? when they won 13 games. They haven't been as lucky in the last 3 years and their record shows.

Unless you TRULY believe the 2001 Bears were THAT much better than the current Bears team...

As I have told you before, I have respect for the titles, Halas, and the Tradition of the Chicago Bears. However, this IS a Packer forum, and as such, we Packer fans have every right to feel proud of our team who happens to have MORE titles and perhaps a RICHER, more storybook like heritage.

There are similarities between you and me (or the good intelligent posters on this forum)... We both love our teams, we are both tenacious and devout fans to our respectable teams, and we are both opinionated and passionate about our feelings toward ours and eachother's teams.

However, there is one VERY important difference...

YOU are a displaced Bears fan on the main rival's board... And I am right at home.

So ALL bad feelings aside, how do YOU feel that your Bears will finish?

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts