Nate Kaeding hands Packers win....

Obi1

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Steel Wheels said:
Super Bowl teams have to be built like Ron Wolf/Mike Holmgren did. Mike Sherman had his shot and failed miserably and it is obvious that he will never get the job done. Under Sherman it has been 5 wasted years for the Packer organization and for Brett Favres' career.

Mike Sherman has failed to build this team into a Super Bowl contender. The Packers have now hired Ted Thompson to get the job done. Stay tuned but give the man some time. Thompson has to work around Sherman's mess.

So THIS is what Steal wheels' true intention of his posts are...

Bash Sherman.

Unlike your post, It doesn't bother me that you speak negatively about the Packers,
I don't believe you HAVE any friends... At least NOT packer fans.

What bothers me is that you are allowed to troll here when all your posts are nothing more than thinly veiled attempts at defacing Sherman.

ArizonaPackerFan

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Steel Wheels said:
ArizonaPackerFan said:
I don't think the Packers are good enough to win the Super Bowl this year, but I hope they prove me wrong. You don't think the Packers are good enough to win the Super Bowl either, but you hope they don't so you can be proved right. Being right on a Packer forum means more to you than the Packers winning. That's the real difference between you and most Packer fans.

APF,...

BTW, show me a post where I said the Packers would lose to San Diego.

Why? I never said you said that.

ORRELSE

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Ryan said:
I agree with you here, maybe I too am just too much of a cheerleader, but I am certainly not for Sherman waisting Favre's last years. If anyone on the team deserves another trip to the big dance, it's Favre and I don't know if Sherman is going to be able to provide that for him. Even with Bates improving what he can with what he has on D, it still is going to rest on Favre's shoulders to make it through each game score for score.

I think if anyone is wasting Favre's last years it is Ted Thompson. He's got to fix the cap, the roster, and he's building for the future rather than patching constant holes like Sherman was. Its really a no-win situation. Sherman screwed the roster up but he's a fine coach IMHO. You won't find a guy more in touch with details. You won't find a guy that wants to win more for the fans and the organization than Mike Sherman.
All around its an ugly scenario but if he can stay healthy, #4 has 2-3 more good years left.
This season has me seriously puzzled. I can't get a handle on it. We could go 10-6, win the division, or it could quickly turn into a grease fire and we could just as easily go 6-10 and miss the playoffs. Ya know?

Ryan

Cheesehead
Reaction score
But TT isn't to blame for the current lack of D, cap situation etc. He got selected to patch up the crap storm that MS left for him. That's why I agreed with SW on this one, that MS is/was not getting Favre back to the big dance. Maybe TT and Bates can work some magic and get us the D it will take to make it to the next level in 2 years and hopefully Favre will be still around. I would love to see it, that's for sure, no one deserves it more than Brett.

PackerTraxx

Cheesehead
Reaction score
ArizonaPackerFan said:
Steel Wheels said:
ArizonaPackerFan said:
I don't think the Packers are good enough to win the Super Bowl this year, but I hope they prove me wrong. You don't think the Packers are good enough to win the Super Bowl either, but you hope they don't so you can be proved right. Being right on a Packer forum means more to you than the Packers winning. That's the real difference between you and most Packer fans.

APF,...

BTW, show me a post where I said the Packers would lose to San Diego.

Why? I never said you said that.

You didn't say it but you sure inferred it, see below.

Posted: Wed Aug 10, 2005 2:01 pm Post subject: Tomorrow Nights Game

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

The Packers opened up as 2 1/2 pt favorites for their opening pre-season game @ Lambeau vs the San Diego Chargers.

Now the Packers are 2 1/2 pt underdogs. The bookmakers watched the Packers scrimmage on Friday night.

Zero2Cool

I own a website
Reaction score
Ryan said:
But TT isn't to blame for the current lack of D, cap situation etc. He got selected to patch up the crap storm that MS left for him. That's why I agreed with SW on this one, that MS is/was not getting Favre back to the big dance. Maybe TT and Bates can work some magic and get us the D it will take to make it to the next level in 2 years and hopefully Favre will be still around. I would love to see it, that's for sure, no one deserves it more than Brett.

I'm not expecting a SB run this year surely I am hoping for it but it just doesn't seem remotely possible with all the changes in the last three years. We don't seem to have much stability. Which brings me to my comment about Brett. He must have thought about this knowing the Pack can't make it this year err well the chances are slim and he's planning on playing atleast one or two years after this season.

Does that make sense or am I just one heckuva wishful thinker lol

OP
OP
S

Steel Wheels

Cheesehead
Reaction score
SlickVision said:
Ryan said:

I'm not expecting a SB run this year surely I am hoping for it but it just doesn't seem remotely possible with all the changes in the last three years. We don't seem to have much stability. Which brings me to my comment about Brett. He must have thought about this knowing the Pack can't make it this year err well the chances are slim and he's planning on playing atleast one or two years after this season.

I'm sure Ted Thompson and Brett Favre sat down and had a good discussion about the Packers future.

Favre is full aware that 2005 is just an evaluating season and I'm sure Thompson told Brett he will get this team back in order ASAP.

Brett will be back for 2006 and 2007.

Zero2Cool

I own a website
Reaction score
Steel Wheels said:
SlickVision said:
Ryan said:

I'm sure Ted Thompson and Brett Favre sat down and had a good discussion about the Packers future.

Favre is full aware that 2005 is just an evaluating season and I'm sure Thompson told Brett he will get this team back in order ASAP.

Brett will be back for 2006 and 2007.

I have a hard time believing that the Packers are not trying to win the SB this year and are just 'evaluating'. I mean ya play to WIN the game!

I agree about Brett for 06 and 07. He just has to know the chances are slim ya know?

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts