Najeh out for the year

musccy

Cheesehead
Reaction score
WALT WILLIAMS!!!!!!!!

I knew that he was done for the season when I saw the first replay...very ugly, obviously snapped it.

GakkofNorway

Cheesehead
Reaction score
he should have been cut a long time ago, and now is the time to do it, he isn't a very good running back in the NFL + he can't do his job most of the time because he isn't able to stay healthy..

Football is a cynical sport, and you need to be cynical to be a successful franchise

musccy

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I'm not sure that I agree w/ Gakk, but he raises some good points...Najeh is injured as much as he is healthy, and when rbs are as expendable as they are in the NFL, you can't wait forever on one guy.

W/ that said, Ahman's last 4 starts weren't nearly as good as what Najeh did today.

Raider Pride

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Gakko,

The shortest book I ever read was titled "Norwegian Sports Heroes."

My point is every player who makes the NFL is a good player. For you to say he is not a good player is like saying The Grand Canyon is a big hole in the ground.

RP

Obi1

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Raider Pride said:
Gakko,

The shortest book I ever read was titled "Norwegian Sports Heroes."

My point is every player who makes the NFL is a good player. For you to say he is not a good player is like saying The Grand Canyon is a big hole in the ground.

RP

RP,

I think Gak is trying to say that there are other RBs who are more serviceable and more dependable than Najeh at this point.

If because of that, we end up cutting him, or trading him to get a dependable, that may be on good option to look at...

And the Grand Canyon IS a BIG hole in the ground... The BIGGEST! ...LOL

Cheezy

Cheesehead
Reaction score
He shouldn't be cut but he shouldn't be re-signed after this season either. Because this year he held off on holding out for a better contract. So who's to say he wont take say, a three year deal, that is usually given to a second stringer, but hold out for a first stringer contract. So i say bring back Walter Williams! And plus he's injured and i can't trust Fisher with the load because he's a third down back, not a full time starter.

tromadz

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Raider Pride said:
Nejeh is a class act as a person, and he has reached the highest zenith in the game of football which is the NFL.

He is injured and the first thing someone types is CUT HIM?

Dude.... You are not human!

RP

class act? didnt he crap in someones suitcase?

Ryan

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I don't think you can cut people when they are on IR. I, for some reason, thought that was in their contracts. Maybe I am totally wrong.

packedhouse01

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Nahjeh was having a pretty good game until the injury. It's too bad because it was going to be his opportunity to earn a contract. I feel badly for him.

Greg C.

Cheesehead
Reaction score
GakkofNorway: What a disgraceful comment from a Packer fan, assuming you actually ARE a Packer fan. The guy was seriously injured while helping our team win its first game of the season. This is not the time to make insulting comments about him.

carol k

Cheesehead
Reaction score
No, it wasn't a suitcase. It was a laundry basket in some girl's room in a dorm. Hey, that's over and done with. I thought he had an excellent game today until he got hurt. In fact, I thought he did a much better job than Green has been doing all year.

ArizonaPackerFan

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Zero2Cool said:
You cant cut an injured player.

Second maybe we hear some more talk about Walter Williams?

I wouldn't mind bringing back Walter Williams, but I'm not sure if they'll have a roster spot for him since they already have Reshard Lee on the roster. I guess it depends if they need the spot for another wide receiver to replace Murphy.

http://www.packers.com/team/players/lee_reshard/

Buckeyepackfan

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Cheezy said:
He shouldn't be cut but he shouldn't be re-signed after this season either. Because this year he held off on holding out for a better contract. So who's to say he wont take say, a three year deal, that is usually given to a second stringer, but hold out for a first stringer contract. So i say bring back Walter Williams! And plus he's injured and i can't trust Fisher with the load because he's a third down back, not a full time starter.

He did not hold out for a better contract, he wasn't offered a contract. He becomes a restricted free agent next year, The Packers can decide then whether they want to offer him a contract, let him test free agency and have first right to match any contract that is offered him, they could even put some kind of tag on him.

NFL teams pretty much hold all the cards on players who are not at the top of their position. I think it is very unfair to Davenport to have some people say hey to bad he got hurt, but the hell with him, cut him.

I don't ever remember Najeh ******* it or not giving his all, he has had some bad luck staying healthy, sh.. happens.

I am not one to support a player who signs a contract then wants to re-negotiate, but there are rules set up that both the player and the organizations are supppose to follow. The injury today probably did cost davenport a lot of money, because he was a running back that other teams were going to be interested in next year, now who knows. but hey he is just another body, so to hell with him, cut his *** and let's all move on......Jerks