My two cents on the Indy loss..

Brandon

Cheesehead
Reaction score
First and foremost the injuries. As much depth and talent as we have there is simply no replacing our star players, and Finley and Jennings are star players who see many targets, and it's clear when one or more of these two are not on the field then Rodgers suffers with his decision making. Let's also not forget Benson off the field makes the protection scheme much different with a lack of experience from Alex Green.

Secondly.. Rodgers needs to get rid of the ball more quickly. Is the O-line a bit lack luster? Certainly. But there was more than one occasion where he had all day to either find a receiver or get rid of it but instead took a sack that could have been avoided--A-Rod needs to tune up his awareness levels and stop acting the fool after he makes a mistake.

Why were we not double teaming Reggie Wayne? Maybe after 100 yards in the first half they should have considered doubling him? No of course not, it makes more sense to let him get another 100 in the second half too. Defensive scheme needs major adjusting and we need to find a pass rush, or we're not making the playoffs this year.

That all being said I still have confidence in a healthy Packer squad. O-line has been good at times, awful in others.. same with the defense overall. As long as we stay healthy I am feeling good, but it's clear at this point without a healthy offense we are stuck in reverse.

Pack15

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Thought we should have run the ball more in the second half. They were coming after us once they knew we were throwing every down, just like in the Seattle game. Take some time off the clock. The quick three and outs killed us. I know Benson was out but it's the next man up.

lambeaulambo

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Finley? An A-list player? I don't agree. If the Texans win this next game, you will be able to hear the fat lady...

13 Times Champs

Cheesehead
Reaction score
We were playing a team not near as talented, that had a patchwork secondary and a OL that had 3rd and 4th stringers playing because of injuries. Give me a team that overachieves any day vs one that underachieves. Disgusting performance by the Packer players, Capers and McCarthy.

OP
OP
Brandon

Brandon

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Finley? An A-list player? I don't agree. If the Texans win this next game, you will be able to hear the fat lady...

Maybe not an A-list player, but he Rodgers does target him very often which draws the defense's eye and gives other players ample time to get open and do their thing. I don't think a loss to the Texans will solidify a playoff-miss, and they are certainly going to be favored against the Packers. I think the key right now is winning our division which I still believe is very much achievable.

LeapOfFaith

Cheesehead
Reaction score

But she won't be singing at full force. We can still go 6-0 in the division and make the playoffs. It's a stretch with the team we are witnessing, but the Houston game will play no factor in us losing the division. It will officially kill any chance we have of being a Wild Card team, but not fully making the playoffs. There is still hope...just hope the team knows that...

Chicocheese

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Here are the big issues that I believe lead to our loss:

1) Cedric Benson goes down, and the running game gets buried even deeper. Alex Green looked decent, especially at the end there. If Cedric cannot play vs. Houston then we NEED to keep feeding the ball to Alex. This way we can manage the clock AND set up big passing plays. I feel like Mike McCarthy forgets about running the ball. It is like when the game starts out he is running a lot, then for the 2nd and 3rd quarters it is pass after pass after pass and then in the fourth he starts to run again.

2) Aaron is holding on to the ball for too long. The one BIG play that comes to mind was a sack, that could have and SHOULD have been a pass to Randall Cobb who was open on the post route. That might have even lead to a TD because Randall is a BURNER.

3) Holes in the secondary. We still have them, and Reggie Wayne knew about every single one.

Chicocheese

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Forgot to mention one other thing: DONALD DRIVER!!! Where the hell is he? I see him for only 2-4 plays a game at best.

Forget Favre

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Forgot to mention one other thing: DONALD DRIVER!!! Where the hell is he? I see him for only 2-4 plays a game at best.
I think it's a mistake keeping him on the sidelines.
Besides, I wanna see his groovy DWTS TD dance again!

Alex

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Is it just me or does it seem like every team has decent/good running backs coming out of the wood work anytime one gets injured except the Packers?

DevilDon

Inclement Weather Fan
Reaction score
It seems Starks wasn't dressed. I'm sure the coaching staff knows that was a mistake. Just remember that Benson isn't injured often, it was a roll of the dice and the Packers lost. Still, they were being cautious. Green is not an every down back, not even close.
Starks starts against the Texans.
I keep hearing Rodgers holds the ball too long. Nobody will ever complain when he makes one of his patented throws on the run for a first down. The difference I think is that he doesn't have the room to move from the pocket. He's a good runner. The line has collapsed far too much. I don't know what it is but they have to fix it.
This team is still in the hunt. I'd never bet against them. This week the Packers even their record.

ExpatPacker

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I don't necessary think this team is *soft* but I do think they've lost a lot of confidence. I see it in Rodgers. It's not only his OL line he's not sure of, nor his receivers, it's also his own throws, and I suspect that's why he's made some bad decisions. Sometimes he rushes, other times he holds onto it too long. Sometimes it's a set play and he doesn't even look before he throws. He's lost his poise in the pocket.

It may take this game and a game against an outstanding Houston team before they start acting like team on a mission again because right now, they just seem lost. They just keep using the same old excuses. "We need to make some adjustments. We were off but we'll get in sync again, etc. etc. Once they quit with the cover-up excuses and start to face their real problems, which may hit them hard this week down in Houston, then maybe they can start to climb back up. And there are REAL problems with this team.

Chicocheese

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I don't necessary think this team is *soft* but I do think they've lost a lot of confidence. I see it in Rodgers. It's not only his OL line he's not sure of, nor his receivers, it's also his own throws, and I suspect that's why he's made some bad decisions. Sometimes he rushes, other times he holds onto it too long. Sometimes it's a set play and he doesn't even look before he throws. He's lost his poise in the pocket.

It may take this game and a game against an outstanding Houston team before they start acting like team on a mission again because right now, they just seem lost. They just keep using the same old excuses. "We need to make some adjustments. We were off but we'll get in sync again, etc. etc. Once they quit with the cover-up excuses and start to face their real problems, which may hit them hard this week down in Houston, then maybe they can start to climb back up. And there are REAL problems with this team.

Again, I don't think that Rodgers is the problem. Yes, he has missed a few passes the man still looks great out there. Honestly, I don't know of ANY other QB in the league that I would rather have under center.

I just can't help but feel like we aren't using all of our weapons on offense, like DD and sticking to the run game. Our real glaring problem is one defense. The turnovers aren't there (A LOT of near interceptions that aren't being caught, fumbles not being forced.) and hardly anyone seems to understand that you need to WRAP YOUR ARMS AROUND a person to effectively tackle them.

Staff online

Members online

Latest posts