My thoughts on what TT should do in offseason.

Twizz

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I have been thinking over the past couple weeks about the upcoming off season and the draft. I have a couple of ideas that I would think that would help this team to become better in the end

1. Al Harris needs to go. I have no clue what the hell is going on in our secondary right now. Why didn't we stay with what was working? Charles woodson on one side and Tramon Williams. Al harris comes back and it messes up the chemistry.

2. Defensive Line. Why did we give up Cory Williams? We needed him! I know he wanted a good amount of money, but sometimes you have to bite the bullet and pay up.

3. Bob Sanders needs to go! He was good but I think opposing offensives have figured out his style. I think we need to look into getting a good replacemnt for him

Although we do need offensive line help, I think we can still go deep in the playoffs with the people we have, maybe with a few minor changes. THis is my first time posting something this big so be easy on my guys and let me know what u think

wizard 87

Old Enough To Know Better
Reaction score
Twizz said:
I have been thinking over the past couple weeks about the upcoming off season and the draft. I have a couple of ideas that I would think that would help this team to become better in the end

1. Al Harris needs to go. I have no clue what the hell is going on in our secondary right now. Why didn't we stay with what was working? Charles woodson on one side and Tramon Williams. Al harris comes back and it messes up the chemistry.

2. Defensive Line. Why did we give up Cory Williams? We needed him! I know he wanted a good amount of money, but sometimes you have to bite the bullet and pay up.

3. Bob Sanders needs to go! He was good but I think opposing offensives have figured out his style. I think we need to look into getting a good replacement for him

Although we do need offensive line help, I think we can still go deep in the playoffs with the people we have, maybe with a few minor changes. This is my first time posting something this big so be easy on my guys and let me know what u think

Couple thoughts...Al Harris is not the issue..no pass rush is. Re watch old Tramon last week bro ..Texans lit him up 4 times and he had 5 count them 5 missed tackles. Al Harris gave up 2 count them 2 pass against 18 defensed. Al Stays
Corey Williams has done squat with the Browns...you want him back why????
You hit the nail on the head with Bob Sanders....his no pressure vanilla scheme is making guys like Al Harris look bad. We need a new coordinator and some better defensive ends.

Jmill831

Cheesehead
Reaction score
wizard 87 said:
Twizz said:

3. Bob Sanders needs to go! He was good but I think opposing offensives have figured out his style. I think we need to look into getting a good replacement for him

Although we do need offensive line help, I think we can still go deep in the playoffs with the people we have, maybe with a few minor changes. This is my first time posting something this big so be easy on my guys and let me know what u think

Couple thoughts...Al Harris is not the issue..no pass rush is. Re watch old Tramon last week bro ..Texans lit him up 4 times and he had 5 count them 5 missed tackles. Al Harris gave up 2 count them 2 pass against 18 defensed. Al Stays
Corey Williams has done squat with the Browns...you want him back why????
You hit the nail on the head with Bob Sanders....his no pressure vanilla scheme is making guys like Al Harris look bad. We need a new coordinator and some better defensive ends.

getting jenkins back will help next year and hopefully will have peppers too

OP
OP
T

Twizz

Cheesehead
Reaction score
alright, I live in CT so i don't get to see many games. I"m glad Al is doing better. Anyone know whoo we could get for def cord?

wizard 87

Reaction score
Re: My thoughts on what TT should do in off season.

Great question....depends on which scheme we go with.My gut says MM promotes Winston Moss or Kurt S into that spot.

OP
OP
T

Twizz

Cheesehead
Reaction score
No, thats why I am wishing hoping he does. That something the bears fans do not want to see. Maybe when Romeo loses his job in Cleveland TT will scoop him up.

vipercwf

Cheesehead
Reaction score
maybe they should offer brain billick a shot...was a head coach for a long time so knows what hes doin..and always had a great defense in baltimore

Jmill831

Cheesehead
Reaction score
vipercwf said:
maybe they should offer brain billick a shot...was a head coach for a long time so knows what hes doin..and always had a great defense in baltimore

thats a good idea im sure he would rather be coaching than making beer commericals like hes doing now

retiredgrampa

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I pray we do NOT promote anyone to DC from inside the team. We need a NEW mind in there to change things. Who knows if Moss doesn't completely buy into Sanders' failed ideas? Shottemheimer? Please get serious! My real fear is that McCarthy WILL take the easy road and promote one of his friends....then it'll make it likely that he and his friend will both go down the tubes after next year....folowing the team, of course. IMO, Thompson better input his counsel to mm or he, too, will be on the hot seat. And rightly so.

wizard 87

Reaction score
retiredgrampa said:
I pray we do NOT promote anyone to DC from inside the team. We need a NEW mind in there to change things. Who knows if Moss doesn't completely buy into Sanders' failed ideas? Shottemheimer? Please get serious! My real fear is that McCarthy WILL take the easy road and promote one of his friends....then it'll make it likely that he and his friend will both go down the tubes after next year....folowing the team, of course. IMO, Thompson better input his counsel to mm or he, too, will be on the hot seat. And rightly so.
Your fears are right on....Moss or Kurt S are a real possibility. Let's hope Marty gets a HC gig somewhere and takes his bother with him.

GDP56

Cheesehead
Reaction score
in my own opinion, I think we really need to beef up our DL. that all it matters. use our money on hanesworth and jullus peppers. but the problem is. Ted Thompson.

dansz15

Cheesehead
Reaction score
i hate to say it guys, but i would not bank on signing any free agents, as much as we pray haynesworth or peppers comes in. i think they have the cap to bring them both in, but think about it... kampman, peppers, and haynesworth on that line? hawk and barnett would have a pro bowl season and the packer d would be monstrous.

PackerFan4

Cheesehead
Reaction score
it's going to be all about defense in this upcoming draft....god knows we need pass rushers. Sanders BETTER be out, and NO ONE from that staff should be promoted. Also...this O-Line better get serious about conditioning and learning to get on the same page as Rodgers. They need to learn to protect him, as well as open up holes for Grant.

There's a LOT of work to do...and they better get to it sooner than later.

SAQHERT

Cheesehead
Reaction score
MM and BS the problem. Tramon Williams is *** too. Harris good but not great anymore. But could be the Coordnator. DE's and O Line. and a Power RB. we got weak RB's, usually go down on 1st tackle.

PackFanNChiTown

Bear Fan's Bane
Reaction score
Williams shows that he has talent but isn't consistent. I say keep Harris as long as we can, draft a pass rusher and/or another D-Tackle to strengthen the line, improve the O-Line with some better talent and maybe get a Tight End that can play...

NelsonsLongCatch

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Green Bay wins the division easily next year if they:

1) Sign Haynesworth
2) Draft a pass rushing DE (which is possible because they have the #8 overall pick right now)

Shore up the defense and the offense can give you enough points to win!

Killazach

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Can I get a list of names to look up for college players that will be in the draft next year for DT and DE. I don't really keep up with college football and I want to see who would be a better choice, Peppers or Haynesworth.

net

Cheesehead
Reaction score
1)Tell McCarthy it's the playoffs next year or the highway.
2)Hire Winston Moss as D coordinator, with a new defensive scheme.
3)Tell McCarthy to get rid of zone blocking scheme. Need larger offensive linemen.
4)Tell McCarthy no more candy-assing the players. Pads and outside once a week minimum.
5)Find FA's to help instill "toughness", especially in the D-Line and linebackers.
6)Find a d-lineman in round one capable of a pass rush and starting from day one.
7)Send Brohm to anyone like Al Davis.
8)Tell A.J. Hawk to get to the Pro Bowl or be gone.
9)Tell Harrell to get to the Pro Bowl or be gone.
10)Cut Poppinga, start Chillar and sign at least one linebacker.
11)Put Woodson back at corner and look for a true veteran safety. Cut Bigby.
12)Tell Barnett to get to the Pro Bowl or be gone.
13)Tell Grant to get to the Pro Bowl or be gone.
14)Tell Donald Lee to get to the Pro Bowl or be gone.
15)Rely more on free agents than the draft this year to infuse toughness and leadership.
16)Move Spitz to center, Wells to backup, Sitton to start. Then draft a LT. 17)Cut Tauscher.Look for RT, either on team or FA.
18)Leave Rodgers alone.

There's more, but that will do for now.

Killazach

Cheesehead
Reaction score
net said:
1)Tell McCarthy it's the playoffs next year or the highway.
2)Hire Winston Moss as D coordinator, with a new defensive scheme.
3)Tell McCarthy to get rid of zone blocking scheme. Need larger offensive linemen.
4)Tell McCarthy no more candy-assing the players. Pads and outside once a week minimum.
5)Find FA's to help instill "toughness", especially in the D-Line and linebackers.
6)Find a d-lineman in round one capable of a pass rush and starting from day one.
7)Send Brohm to anyone like Al Davis.
8)Tell A.J. Hawk to get to the Pro Bowl or be gone.
9)Tell Harrell to get to the Pro Bowl or be gone.
10)Cut Poppinga, start Chillar and sign at least one linebacker.
11)Put Woodson back at corner and look for a true veteran safety. Cut Bigby.
12)Tell Barnett to get to the Pro Bowl or be gone.
13)Tell Grant to get to the Pro Bowl or be gone.
14)Tell Donald Lee to get to the Pro Bowl or be gone.
15)Rely more on free agents than the draft this year to infuse toughness and leadership.
16)Move Spitz to center, Wells to backup, Sitton to start. Then draft a LT. 17)Cut Tauscher.Look for RT, either on team or FA.
18)Leave Rodgers alone.

There's more, but that will do for now.
Not like this is unreasonable or anything.

Dulak

Cheesehead
Reaction score
retiredgrampa said:

IMO the pack did really well this year ... and I really like McCarthy as a coach (much better then holmgren).

IMO defense and their offensive line suffered the most this year.

I really like jacksons runs much better then grants also - to be honest I really dont like how grant runs at all. Jackson is at least a strong running back and often takes out tackles just with his strength. Grant just tries to run the ball through a hole and then gets stopped. He rarely tries to get away from tackles.

Perhaps like you said getting a new DC and some more talent on their D would help.

I like woodson up at CB rather then SS as where hes been put these past couple weeks.

The pack has one of the worst run stopping defenses and hardly ever creates pressure on the passer. IMO we could have the best secondary but without peeps to rush the passer then their QB can pick us apart.

Members online

Latest posts