My thoughts on Favre

Zero2Cool

I own a website
Reaction score
tromadz said:
I agree. The ball in Favres hands = not a great idea.

As opposed to who? Ingle Martin? Get real.

Perhaps thinking outside of the box is required here.

Free agency? Another draft pick?

I think the man is trying to say if we keep going with Brett, we might not be in the best of hands and should start looking else where. And if that means on the roster, so be it and if not then start looking and bringing other guys in.

Yared-Yam

Cheesehead
Reaction score

As I've said time and time again, Ingle Martin will be nothing more than a career backup. He couldn't keep his job at Florida, what makes you think he'll be anything else?

You are now on my "Nasty List"

Cdnfavrefan

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Which also sounds easier then it is. There's about 15 other teams with the same idea. Sheesh the best the Dolphins could do is Joey frickin Harrington. Or the Lions bringing in Kitna. It's not like great starters are just waiting out there looking for work. Although a guy like Matt Shaub intrigues me

Zero2Cool

I own a website
Reaction score
Which also sounds easier then it is. There's about 15 other teams with the same idea. Sheesh the best the Dolphins could do is Joey frickin Harrington. Or the Lions bringing in Kitna. It's not like great starters are just waiting out there looking for work. Although a guy like Matt Shaub intrigues me

Matt Shaub

I think that man will be a starter next year and I would NOT be surprised if its as a Falcon.

I say we trade another 1st rd pick to the Falcons for this man an hope for a Brett repeat lol

OP
OP
tromadz

tromadz

Cheesehead
Reaction score
tromadz said:
I agree. The ball in Favres hands = not a great idea.

As I've said time and time again, Ingle Martin will be nothing more than a career backup. He couldn't keep his job at Florida, what makes you think he'll be anything else?

LOL, I didnt mention Ingle Martins name once in my article.

Thats hilarious.

Cdnfavrefan

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Trom are you saying some posters here have stereotyped you? :rotflmao:
As for Shaub I herad there's a lot of teams hoping Vick plays well down the stretch otherwise he may be, believe it or not, the man to repalce him next year. Hard to see that happening though. I know the Vikings were going after him last offseason already and I'm sure they're no less desperate now

Reaction score
Actually CDN and Zero, getting Shuab would require giving up a 1st AND 3rd, and dishing out a lot of money to an unnknown player since his contract is up and he is a RFA this offseason.

Zero2Cool

I own a website
Reaction score
all about da packers said:
Actually CDN and Zero, getting Ingle would require giving up a 1st AND 3rd, and dishing out a lot of money to an unnknown player since his contract is up and he is a RFA this offseason.

We have Ingle already. I think he only cost a second day draft pick that was used to select him. The pick was also part of the Javon Walker trade end result.

oh shaub.

He's not an unknown player. He's palyed very VERY well when called on. He's more known than Phillip Rivers was. There are a lot of teams who would like to have Shaub on their team.

Cdnfavrefan

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I'm guessing you mean Shaub, and ya I know that's why he hasn't moved yet cause no one's ready to give up that much yet. Just a fun fact but I believe someone gave up a first rounder to the Falcons before for some unknown. In fact that time no one even knew his name. I do think though I'm just as happy giving Aaron his shot before some other unknown. Would be a pretty big diss to bring in an unknown without ever letting him have his turn

Reaction score
He's not an unknown player. He's palyed very VERY well when called on. He's more known than Phillip Rivers was. There are a lot of teams who would like to have Shaub on their team.

lol I changed it soon because I realized my mistake.

I believe he had one good game, and people are thinking that game shows his real abilities. Perhaps the game was an abberation? That is my line of thinking.

Basically he has played in very few meaningful oppertunities, and there hasn't been a whole lot of talk about how "he has been setting practice on fire" etc. I am just not so sure I'd dish out mega money (due to competition to get Schuab) when he has been seen in limited oppertunities and impressed in only one full showing.

Cory

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I just want everyone to sit back and remember Rob Johnson having a great game with the Jags filling in for Mark Brunell. Then the Bills gave up big money for him...it didn't work out so well.

porky88

Cheesehead
Reaction score
all about da packers said:
Actually CDN and Zero, getting Shuab would require giving up a 1st AND 3rd, and dishing out a lot of money to an unnknown player since his contract is up and he is a RFA this offseason.

Depends on what level tender he receives but in all likely hood they give him the level 1 and it costs us a 1st and 3rd unless we work out a deal for him later on. Doubtful though since Atlanta wanted a 1st for him from the Vikings this past year.

He'll be a free agent in 08 though so if Favre does retire and Rodgers plays awful next year it's always possible to get him then for nothing.

longtimefan

Staff member
Reaction score
I don't blame MM but I do find it interesting how at the beginning of the season the MM supporters were all praising how MM would control Brett and coach him instead of just giving Brett free will like MS did. Now some of those same people are saying the coach has nothing to do with it. I'm not ragging on anyone just raising an interesting point.

Rest of my reply can be seen on Trom's original post!

Watch the next time Brett tosses an int...MM is right there sitting with him and talking to him..

You ever see MS do that?

longtimefan

Staff member
Reaction score
The best thing I got out of this read was "The "team" isnt very good" IMO thats accurate.

Give him some great recievers, a great defense and a great offense and we are in business. Not having a combination of all three the team will suck.

Most teams that have just an average q/b would do pretty well with those 3 things...

I.E the BEARS....

OP
OP
tromadz

tromadz

Cheesehead
Reaction score
yeah yet Favre NEEDS GREAT Wrs...GREAT defense....and GREAT offense...

I thought rookies and mediocre players NEEDED those things?

WinnipegPackFan

Cheesehead
Reaction score

Trom, although your initial post was very well thought out your reply here does not seem fair. I think Brett would be happy with an "AVERAGE" defense ( not the worst in the NfL ) and an "AVERAGE" running game. We are not talking Brett needing "Great" everything to get the job done, just average my friend ( although a consistant o-line would not hurt either ) !!!

vikesrule

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Interesting discussion.

I read an article recently, can't remember where, that one of Favre's biggest challenges now is his competition......
He is competing against "Favre the Legend".

And Cdnfavrefan, you are correct.
I know the Vikings were going after him last offseason already and I'm sure they're no less desperate now

vixtalkn

Cheesehead
Reaction score
his accuracy is fading

You claim Favre's accuracy is fading, but where's your evidence? How are you measuring his accuracy in 2005-06 vs. 1995-06 or any other season?

I believe he threw for a league high of 3881 yards last year. Doesn't that stat alone belie your claim?

The cheeseheads want to see your proof.

longtimefan

Staff member
Reaction score
tromadz said:

Trom, although your initial post was very well thought out your reply here does not seem fair. I think Brett would be happy with an "AVERAGE" defense ( not the worst in the NfL ) and an "AVERAGE" running game. We are not talking Brett needing "Great" everything to get the job done, just average my friend ( although a consistant o-line would not hurt either ) !!!

I think he was refering to what Heather had posted...

The best thing I got out of this read was "The "team" isnt very good" IMO thats accurate.

Give him some great recievers, a great defense and a great offense and we are in business. Not having a combination of all three the team will suck.

Zero2Cool

I own a website
Reaction score
tromadz said:
his accuracy is fading

You claim Favre's accuracy is fading, but where's your evidence? How are you measuring his accuracy in 2005-06 vs. 1995-06 or any other season?

I believe he threw for a league high of 3881 yards last year. Doesn't that stat alone belie your claim?

The cheeseheads want to see your proof.

Yard total means little to your accuracy. You can throw the ball 700 times and 300 were caught for a average of 13 yards a piece and that'd get you to your 3881. 43% is very poor accuracy.

You can flip that scenary around too. You could throw it for 400 times and 300 were caught with the same average and POW 75% accuracy.

So again. Yard total means very little to accuracy.

Number of throws, dropped balls and completions are much more important to accuracy than yards.

IronMan

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I think maybe his groin injury or something else is bothering him. Because he was ON in the Vikings game, and since then has been way off.

Members online

Latest posts