My take on- possible- Favre to vikeQUEENS

ohiopacker2

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Favre was my hero for the Pack , then for several yrs he'd keep the Pack wonderin if he's gonna retire-then he tells the Pack he's gonna retire and is on the sports ILL cover -in tears- bout retiring.So the Pack HAD to move on with Rodgers and drafted 2 QB's as back-ups-and the Pack trained ALL summer thinkin Favre has retired- then Favre says he wants to come back to the pack - he put the Pack in a heck ofa spot- the Pack ALL summer had been groomin Rodgers and 2 draft pks- and Favre wants the Pack to say - the heck with them I'm in -well the Pack had no choice but to trade him or u would've had team dissension-The Pack and TT is not at fault in this mess - now my ? is did Favre set this up - cuz the stipulations in the trade to the Jets was if the Jets traded Favre to the VikeQUEENS the Pack would get 3 -1st rd pks-now did Favre bide his time with the Jets and get released so he could go to the VikQUEENS - to get back at the Pack-without the Pack gettin 3 1st rd pks ?????- As far as peps sayin Favre is the best Packer of all time - I beg to differ - my take is in order -Bart Starr 5 NFL titles and 2 SB titles and 2-SB-MVPs - Don Hutson - Paul Hourning- Jim Taylor- Ray Nitchske- Reggie White -
and then Favre -( Favre had the stats - BUT Starr had the titles) now IF the Pack had drafted Barry Sanders over Tony - THE BUST -of ALL TIME-Mandrich- the Pack prob would've won several more SB's which might of pushed Favre passed Starr on the list -BUT with Favre messin with the Vike-QUEENS is ****** me off and he's losin my respect as a Packer Backer !!!!

Jess

Movement!
Reaction score
Brett Favre was better than Reggie White. Probably better than Taylor too.

Though comparing a QB to a DE or a RB is like comparing apples to wombats.

Wolvi

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Great points! I am very frustrated as i am sure you all are too....i have grown up cheering for Favre and the pack. Now last year was OK i cheered for the pack of course but also kept my eye on the jets, cheering for Brett as well. Now if he goes to the queens...i have really only one option don't i? It would be for me to burn my Favre jersey i have worn for at least a decade....can i bring myself to do this? I am not sure...any other options out there???

cyoung

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I agree, I'm just saying I cant hate Favre for all this, I dont approve of it, but I cant talk bad about a guy who I loved for 16 years.

PackersRS

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Brett Favre was better than Reggie White. Probably better than Taylor too.

Though comparing a QB to a DE or a RB is like comparing apples to wombats.
He was more identified as a great packer because he spent almost his entire career with us, but to say he was better than the undisputable best defensive lineman of ALL time? Calm down. White was the most dominating defensive player since LT, and still is the most dominating and feared defensive player since... Haynesworth and such are little kids comparing to him.

Jess

Movement!
Reaction score
He was more identified as a great packer because he spent almost his entire career with us, but to say he was better than the undisputable best defensive lineman of ALL time? Calm down. White was the most dominating defensive player since LT, and still is the most dominating and feared defensive player since... Haynesworth and such are little kids comparing to him.
And at the time, Favre was a three time MVP who made an offense full of, let's face it, average players into a Super Bowl winning offense. Dorsey Levens left and promptly sucked. Same with Freeman. Reggie was great, no denying that, but I think Favre and the multitude of records he set was better. Also, a strong argument could be made for Deacon Jones as best defensive linemen ever. I won't make the argument, but it could be made.

Again though, apples and wombats. It's tough to compare. I just think QB is the more important position on a football team and the toughest position to be successful at, and in his prime Favre might've been the best ever. Joe Montana would have something to say about that, but honestly Favre is in the top two.

That said, if he dons purple he can go to hell.

PackersRS

Cheesehead
Reaction score
And at the time, Favre was a three time MVP who made an offense full of, let's face it, average players into a Super Bowl winning offense. Dorsey Levens left and promptly sucked. Same with Freeman. Reggie was great, no denying that, but I think Favre and the multitude of records he set was better. Also, a strong argument could be made for Deacon Jones as best defensive linemen ever. I won't make the argument, but it could be made.

Again though, apples and wombats. It's tough to compare. I just think QB is the more important position on a football team and the toughest position to be successful at, and in his prime Favre might've been the best ever. Joe Montana would have something to say about that, but honestly Favre is in the top two.

That said, if he dons purple he can go to hell.
Favre has 3 MVP and tons of stats, yet his only SB came with Reggie, and he wasn't even in his prime, yet 3 sacks... I know that the only SB Reggie has was with Favre, but he spent his entire time with the Eagles...
About Deacon, he was the best DE ever. Reggie the best DE AND DT ever.
But you're right about the 2 statements, QB is the most important position and it is like comparing apples and wombats. But still, Reggie was as good as Favre. Offenses feared him as much as defenses feared Brett. Sometimes even more.

And like Barnett said, purple is the enemy.

danielchile

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Great points! I am very frustrated as i am sure you all are too....i have grown up cheering for Favre and the pack. Now last year was OK i cheered for the pack of course but also kept my eye on the jets, cheering for Brett as well. Now if he goes to the queens...i have really only one option don't i? It would be for me to burn my Favre jersey i have worn for at least a decade....can i bring myself to do this? I am not sure...any other options out there???

You could ship it to Brazil for me!

Yeah, If this guy wears purple I will hate him. But I never had the chance to get a Packers jersey (poor guy speech).

How can we hate a guy we loved for 16 years? Ask him how can he hate the people who loved him for 16 years!

GrandMstrBud

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I'm kind of stuck on the whole thing. Favre is my favorite player and will always be. Last year I watched him and all his games with the Jets thinking that was it. Now can I really sink that low to buy a Vikings jersey? I do however want to see him stick it to TT though.

Packerlifer

Cheesehead
Reaction score
If Favre thinks he's going to avenge himself on the Packers, or Ted Thompson in particular, he should ask Mike Holmgren about how leaving the Packers and coming back to play against them can work out.

BTW, Favre never won or got back to the Super Bowl after Reggie White left. Brett was the headline talent on the team but Reggie was the man whose arrival in Green Bay set the Super Bowl course in motion.

favrefan4

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I agree, Reggie was bad, but Favre broke a lot of records (without Reggie) I remember the game he played the night after his dad died against Oakland. He passed for 399 yards with like 4 td's. You really have to be tough to do that.

croxeye

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Man, I would hate him for a while, but time heals all things, so I would accept him back after a few years. Retire his number, sign him to a 1 day tender so he can rightfully retire a packer.

Members online

Latest posts