My take on 2 minute booth review

Bogart

Duke Mantee
Reaction score
With the controversey surronding the no review on Evans reception in the final seconds of the Ravens/Patriots game, I suggest the NFL should review ALL plays that are CLOSE to a Touchdown.

Now I'm not saying that would have been over turned, but it should have been reviewed. Many times this year I've seen it happen.

Maybe the NFL should do away with challenging, and go into the NCCA format, of reviewing ALL crucial plays as in Touchdowns, Turnovers and what ever is close to the goal line. (Good example: Alabama and LSU in the regular season. That interception at the goal line. Even though it wasn't over turned, they reviewed it upstairs without a coach having to challenge it) Why is it all of a sudden important to review something in the final 2 minutes, but it's not important to review anything before then? That alone is a problem. That's saying we only care about the last 2 minutes when the game is on the line, we don't care about any other time of the game no matter how close it is.

Why must a coach even need challenges anyway?
This leaves you with 3 scenarios:
Number 1 Challenge a wrong call, and hope it's right
Number 2 If you've already been screwed earlier, you feel discouraged to throw the red flag
Number 3 Bite the bullet knowing your getting screwed

This also goes to the point about bad officiating. The NFL loves to fine players for hitting quarterbacks and getting physical (insert names of good defensive players here) and mocking other players (Stevie Johnson) but what they absolutely do not do is fine the refs, they'd prefer to defend them and get Mike Perreria to stand by their mistakes. The same ref squad that screwed the Seahawks out of their Super Bowl (are still in the NFL, and as we know the NFL defended them even when one of them admitted they did a horrible job and cost Seattle the game)

If they are truly considering full time officials, they better start fining them or doing something over their mistakes. Players get fined for playing the game, players get cut for ******** up, but officials don't get anything done to them no matter what, and that is a fact. The NFL has NEVER came out and admitted when officials got something wrong.

Jules

The Colts Fan
Reaction score
The officiating has been a flat out joke this year. In some ways I am almost glad the Colts sucked. I would have hated to see something happen in the playoffs like say against*cough* NE in NE.

People used to always say that the refs favored the Colts. At times they have I admit it. But, I swear we were never handed a playoff game. The only time it was tried was vs. the Steelers in 2005 and we blew it and deserved to lose. But in a way I did not care since they owed us from the 1995 AFCCG.

The Pats and Steelers. Always comes down to them. Like the Lakers and Heat. And both the Lakers/Heat are overrated as well without all the FTs. The fact the Mavs beat the Heat is a miracle. A miracle.

OP
OP
Bogart

Bogart

Duke Mantee
Reaction score
The officiating has been a flat out joke this year. In some ways I am almost glad the Colts sucked. I would have hated to see something happen in the playoffs like say against*cough* NE in NE.

People used to always say that the refs favored the Colts. At times they have I admit it. But, I swear we were never handed a playoff game. The only time it was tried was vs. the Steelers in 2005 and we blew it and deserved to lose. But in a way I did not care since they owed us from the 1995 AFCCG.

The Pats and Steelers. Always comes down to them. Like the Lakers and Heat. And both the Lakers/Heat are overrated as well without all the FTs. The fact the Mavs beat the Heat is a miracle. A miracle.

The refs have never favored the Colts for as long as I've been alive.

Can't remember the exact year but one of the first times they lost to New England in the championship in Foxboro, the score was 24-14 and Ty Law got away with the entire game holding Marvin Harrison and throwing him off routes, anyone thinks the Colts always get favorable calls, they are dead wrong.

I won't be surprised if Ravens fans turn this into a huge controversy about no review on Evans dropped ball, but it's not near as bad as the Tuck Rule. I didn't know you could force a forward pass holding the ball with 2 hands. I agree that they should have reviewed the Evans catch, but even I don't know if that would have been over turned, that's a tough one.

Jules

The Colts Fan
Reaction score
The refs have never favored the Colts for as long as I've been alive.

Can't remember the exact year but one of the first times they lost to New England in the championship in Foxboro, the score was 24-14 and Ty Law got away with the entire game holding Marvin Harrison and throwing him off routes, anyone thinks the Colts always get favorable calls, they are dead wrong.

I won't be surprised if Ravens fans turn this into a huge controversy about no review on Evans dropped ball, but it's not near as bad as the Tuck Rule. I didn't know you could force a forward pass holding the ball with 2 hands. I agree that they should have reviewed the Evans catch, but even I don't know if that would have been over turned, that's a tough one.

I still wonder what happened in OT with the Pats/Ravens. I mean it seemed like the script was being written for the Ravens and it was blown somehow. It just still feels bad to me. Tonights game eased the pain though. That was good hardcore football.

Marvin always got ***** in NE. All our guys did. It was like we lost before the game started. We were the nice guys in white in the snow who would get bullied. I remember Edge once getting literally POUNDED after getting up once after running the ball by Tedy and he looked like he was in roid rage to me or something. Sickening. I might sound bitter but I am not jealous of the Pats. I would rather have one SB then have cheated to get a few or have the refs give us a few. I feel okay with it.

And yes it's tough to throw a ball with two hands lmao. Oh my Gawd.

This is Kraft's nightmare though. You get the Niners and the refs don't care about the Niners. But, if you try to rob a Manning IN INDY of all places then you may get hell.

I suspect and hope they let them play in Indy in two weeks. It just seems like a tough place to rig a game being where it is and whats at stake.

OP
OP
Bogart

Bogart

Duke Mantee
Reaction score
I still wonder what happened in OT with the Pats/Ravens. I mean it seemed like the script was being written for the Ravens and it was blown somehow. It just still feels bad to me. Tonights game eased the pain though. That was good hardcore football.

Marvin always got ***** in NE. All our guys did. It was like we lost before the game started. We were the nice guys in white in the snow who would get bullied. I remember Edge once getting literally POUNDED after getting up once after running the ball by Tedy and he looked like he was in roid rage to me or something. Sickening. I might sound bitter but I am not jealous of the Pats. I would rather have one SB then have cheated to get a few or have the refs give us a few. I feel okay with it.

And yes it's tough to throw a ball with two hands lmao. Oh my Gawd.

This is Kraft's nightmare though. You get the Niners and the refs don't care about the Niners. But, if you try to rob a Manning IN INDY of all places then you may get hell.

I suspect and hope they let them play in Indy in two weeks. It just seems like a tough place to rig a game being where it is and whats at stake.

This is the Super Bowl curse.

Last year it was Dallas, even though I think Jerry Jones brought this on himself

Cowboys finished 6-10, he lost his star quarterback
And to top it off, the 2 teams Dallas hates more than anything were playing the Super Bowl in the house that Jerry built.

This year, the Colts go 2-14, and Peyton has to watch his little brother play against his arch rival in the Colts house, that is a bit depressing compared to Dallas last year. I was laughing all year at what was happening to the Cowboys, and seeing their legendary QB hand McCarthy the trophy in Jerryworld was just icing on the cake. Don't know how I'd feel as a Colts fan to know Peyton's younger brother or his arch rival will be hoisting that trophy in his house.

Jules

The Colts Fan
Reaction score
This is the Super Bowl curse.

Last year it was Dallas, even though I think Jerry Jones brought this on himself

Cowboys finished 6-10, he lost his star quarterback
And to top it off, the 2 teams Dallas hates more than anything were playing the Super Bowl in the house that Jerry built.

This year, the Colts go 2-14, and Peyton has to watch his little brother play against his arch rival in the Colts house, that is a bit depressing compared to Dallas last year. I was laughing all year at what was happening to the Cowboys, and seeing their legendary QB hand McCarthy the trophy in Jerryworld was just icing on the cake. Don't know how I'd feel as a Colts fan to know Peyton's younger brother or his arch rival will be hoisting that trophy in his house.

I honestly never got as hardcore into Peyton/Brady as many others did. I am more then satisfied with the career of Manning and not all playoff losses are his fault. I do admit though, Eli is tougher in big games and I trust him more. Sad but true. And it's already starting. Early in OT or late in the 4th they put up the Peyton to Eli comparisons in the playoffs and I almost fell out of my chair. It's starting. And it cannot be denied. Eli has not made the playoffs every year like his brother but he has done a lot more when he is in them.

Pats/Colts has died down a lot. Jets took over for the rivalry IMO.

I was banned from this Colts forum years ago (don't ask) but they can be harsh:
http://www.coltfreaks.com/forum/showthread.php?t=55721
http://www.coltfreaks.com/forum/showthread.php?t=55346

I feel bad for Peyton. A home SB and he is out for the year and all. I know deep down Eli and Peyton love each other. But, there has to be competitiveness. There has to be. You can't not have it. I know Eli would love to beat his brother in championships and also get more wins then Brady in big games.

2007 was one thing. It was almost a fluke year for the Giants. But, these Giants IMO are better, at least Eli is.

Jules

The Colts Fan
Reaction score
Lets face it. Peyton beat Brady once in a big game. Eli can do it twice now.

Oh God....lmao.

Still going for the Giants though. Eli is a good kid.

Members online

Latest posts