My prediction - Charles Woodson is going to suck

Status
Not open for further replies.

Timmons

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I'd like to go on record that Charles Woodson is not going to pan out for Green Bay. I have no information upon which I am basing this other than a guess. I just don't think he's going to be what he ever could have been. I can't say whether he'll be injured and not playing, or benched due to poor performance, but I don't think he's going to improve our secondary.

I hope that come the end of the season, you guys can rub this post in my nose, but I don't think it's going to be the case.

PackOne

Cheesehead
Reaction score
As long as we are bookmarking -

Charles Woodson 2006 season stats

4 INT
68 Tackles
3 TD (one on offense)

Zero2Cool

I own a website
Reaction score
PackOne said:

4 INT
68 Tackles
3 TD (one on offense)

I think his value will not be shown in stats. I think he's gonna be targeted for about 3-6 games and proves he's still the shut down man he was from 2001 (and before) and teams test Al Harris or our safeties more.

PackOne

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I'll have to disagree with this one - I see Woodson playing his *** off and having one of his best seasons since 2000 - maybe 68 tackles is reaching a bit for a corner but, anything over 55 would be admirable. Unfortunately, after busting his *** - and Favre's inevitable retirement I see him most likely trying to get out while the stats are in his favor. That is just this true optimists point of view .... lol.

Greg C.

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I sure hope Woodson doesn't get 68 (or more) tackles, because it will mean that lots of passes were caught against him.

I'm not optimistic about him, but he does have a lot of talent, and I hope he pans out. I agree with Zero that if Woodson does well, his value will not be shown in stats.

On the other hand, he's the kind of guy who will probably demand a new contract if he has a really good season, as he will complain about receiving a $6 million reduction in pay (from $10 million to a measly $4 million) from 2006 to 2007. That's the downside of front-loading a contract so heavily.

But I hope he plays great and is a good team player. He sure was a lot of fun to watch when he played for Michigan.

Zero2Cool

I own a website
Reaction score
Not to side track this thread. --- regarding the Brett/Retirement, he's going to play this year(duh) and next year. Brett knows the Packers will not win it all (or atleast the chance is VERY slim) and the following year is when the Packers will have a far more realistic chance.

I'm for sure rooting for the Packers. I just don't see how any one can legitimately feel the Packers are SB contenders THIS year with a new regime in place and so much young talent in place.

That's not 'wishful' thinking either. I've actually put a lot of thought into that.

pyledriver80

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I don't think he will be anything spectaucular like most do but he is an upgrade over Carroll.

porky88

Cheesehead
Reaction score
CaliforniaCheez said:
Woodson = Joe Johnson ??????????????????

At least the contract is good one.

Yeah I was thinking that too.

What I hate most, is Packer fans complain TT was to conservative and he signs a high profile free agent and they still bash him. How bout some people just come clean and say we don't like and we don't want him here no matter what. imo..

Anyways with Woodson, I do see Joe Johnson in him. 30 years old, big contract and injury proned, however as long as Woodson stays healthy I'm happy.

Really, a healthy and underachieving Woodson, still is a huge upgrade to Ahmad Carroll.

The potential is there for this secondary to be strong this year. Let's hope for the best.

C-Mize

Cheesehead
Reaction score
PackOne said:

4 INT
68 Tackles
3 TD (one on offense)

I think you may be reaching on the TDs considering he has only gotten 2 in his career, but here are my predictions

Woodson 2006 Predictions:

5 ints
52 tackles
11 Pass def.
1 TD

Raider Pride

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Timmons said:
I'd like to go on record that Charles Woodson is not going to pan out for Green Bay. I have no information upon which I am basing this other than a guess. I just don't think he's going to be what he ever could have been.

I would like to go on record that "Timmons" is not going to pan out for his wife and children. I have no information upon which I am basing this other than a guess. I just don't think he's going to be what he ever could have been.

How does that feel Timmy?

You see Timmy Boy... You are posting to thousands of people on the internet that you have a guess. You have no information upon which you are basing this other than a guess. However, you felt it was important to spend your time typing how you feel Woodson is not going to pan out.

You "Timmons" felt that tonight, the most productive thing you could do was make a really silly post, based on nothing but a guess, about C.W. a person who has probably accomplished more than you will in your life, and you felt the need to tell the world he is going to fail.

Perhaps "Timmons" if you need to put people down without anything but a guess you should go down to the cancer clinic in your town and yell at the people walking in.. Shout Out... Hey... Your done!

I am sure that that might give you a woody.

You made your point on the best Packer site in the world.

There are some really great football minds on this site. Trom, Bruce, Arrow, T.O., Depack, Ryan, Pack fan, Pack 66, Packer chick, All about, Zero, Gak, N.D., Net, Cali Cheese, Ohio, and I could go on and on.

I doubt that any of them got anything from your silly post based on a MY GUESS.

Dude... I feel so sorry for your personality.

Blame your parents.

R.P.

~TheJoker~

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Damn. I guess when I hold my tongue someone will come in and speak for me.

Well done, RP. I like how everyone rips him a new one when he misses VOLUNTARY camp, just like Harris is, and hasn't played a down yet. Thing is though, it's easy for someone to come in and say that, because at the very worst, when Woodson dominates, his team is most likely doing well, so he wins no matter what. Boy, that takes balls :roll:

But the worst was a guy on the Raiders site, the link I posted on another thread. Dude went out of his way to pick apart an article and put it in favor of him any way he could. Do follow:

Charles Woodson did participate in one of the Packers mini camps.

The packers media elected to brag about an interception he made on a Favre pass. Woodson actually fell down on the coverage, and made the interception as he was getting back up. In other words, favre threw it right to him - probably intentionally.

Woodson bragged that he should have had another interception, so the cheese-brained reporter counted that as his 2nd interception, and intimated that the Packers interception drought is about to end.

Too hilarious.

The amazing thing, the reports were very positive on Woodson's performance, but buried in them was a rather disconcerting fact.

Charles Woodson fell down repeatedly in those practices. They tried to say he had the wrong shoes for the turf. He could not stay on his feet.

He stinks. You're going to be laughing at the Packers for years.

So, according to this guy, falling down and getting back up to make an interception isn't worthy of athletic prowess, it's just the opposite. Better yet, he makes the assumption, as I guess we ALL would, that Brett F*CKING DID IT ON PURPOSE. Come the hell on, man. I mean, you may as well presume Woodson lost all his talent and just falls all over the place. Oh wait, he did.

Whaddawegonnadowitdisguy?! *wringing hands*

Sorry guys, but I think I did an excellent job holding back the reins with all the posts about Charles. And I think I'm doing quite well not jumping down anyone's throat about it, too, considering. Patience truly is a virtue. When the holy hell does this season start???

pyledriver80

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Timmons has a right to an opinion even if differs from yours. This site is a place for everyone to share how they feel things will turn out. If you want to base everything on fact there is no need to talk about the 06',07' season because everything you state will be a guess, period.

It's hypocritical and it happens on here all the time. One member will say "this guy is great" and the next will say "this guy sucks." Then one will say "how do you know, the season hasn't started yet." The funny thing is that person is doing the same thing! It's called being a hypocrite. If Timmons wants to feel Woodson is going to underperform this year, he has as much right as you who thinks he is going to be a superstar.

How do you know he's going to be great? He has not been anything other than average and injured for the last 4 years. Just because you obsess over him does not make him a 2007 Pro Bowler. You don't know what he's going to do this year and either does Timmons, but both of you can gladly voice your predictions.

Woodson should have showed up at OTA's. So should all of the others. It however is a bigger concern to me that guys like Woodson and Pickett are to lazy to show up because GB just invested in them. It is a new team and they should take full advantage of every opportunity they can to build chemistry with the guys and show a true commitment to wanting to improve this team.

It however does not surprise me that Woodson did not show up. I wonder if him and Cletidus Hunt hang out? Perhaps they enjoy watching Maury Povich while chowing down a big bowl of Captain Crunch in the mornings instead of showing up for work. I know, its voluntary. God he's only getting paid 454,765,453 Million dollars, why show up for anything not mandatory for that chump change!

Whatever the case, everyone needs to cut out the "you are speculating" comeback garbage. This whole forum is one giant place to speculate on the future. People can predict whatever they want.

longtimefan

Staff member
Reaction score
I predict C.W will either be great, good, so-so or really bad..

I was not a big fan of him being signed for the $$ he got...If he fails people will blame TT, even tho a lot of people on all different forums were tickled pink TT spent the money on him...

4thand26

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Raider Pride said:
Timmons said:
I'd like to go on record that Charles Woodson is not going to pan out for Green Bay. I have no information upon which I am basing this other than a guess. I just don't think he's going to be what he ever could have been.

I would like to go on record that "Timmons" is not going to pan out for his wife and children. I have no information upon which I am basing this other than a guess. I just don't think he's going to be what he ever could have been.

You see Timmy Boy... You are posting to thousands of people on the internet that you have a guess. You have no information upon which you are basing this other than a guess. However, you felt it was important to spend your time typing how you feel Woodson is not going to pan out.

You "Timmons" felt that tonight, the most productive thing you could do was make a really silly post, based on nothing but a guess, about C.W. a person who has probably accomplished more than you will in your life, and you felt the need to tell the world he is going to fail.

Perhaps "Timmons" if you need to put people down without anything but a guess you should go down to the cancer clinic in your town and yell at the people walking in.. Shout Out... Hey... Your done!

There are some really great football minds on this site. Trom, Bruce, Arrow, T.O., Depack, Ryan, Pack fan, Pack 66, Packer chick, All about, Zero, Gak, N.D., Net, Cali Cheese, Ohio, and I could go on and on.

Blame your parents.

R.P.

relax.

Since69

Cheesehead
Reaction score
CaliforniaCheez said:

I think Woodson = Hardy Nickerson is a more likely formula. I'm in the same boat with Timmons - I don't think Woodson's ever going to return to form. The Raiders aren't exactly boiling over with cornerback talent, and they let him go.

Just MHO. And , like Timmons, I hope I'm wrong, too.

DePack

Cheesehead
Reaction score
porky88 said:
CaliforniaCheez said:

At least the contract is good one.

Yeah I was thinking that too.

What I hate most, is Packer fans complain TT was to conservative and he signs a high profile free agent and they still bash him. How bout some people just come clean and say we don't like and we don't want him here no matter what. imo..

Anyways with Woodson, I do see Joe Johnson in him. 30 years old, big contract and injury proned, however as long as Woodson stays healthy I'm happy.

Really, a healthy and underachieving Woodson, still is a huge upgrade to Ahmad Carroll.

The potential is there for this secondary to be strong this year. Let's hope for the best.

You are the first one to mention TT on this thread. Where are people bashing him? Why are people so protective of him? In a year or two he will stand on his record. Hopefully there will be no bashing by then.

JeezusJuice

Cheesehead
Reaction score
4thand26 said:
Raider Pride said:
Timmons said:

Blame your parents.

R.P.

relax.
You must be logged in to see this image or video!
I guess we know how to **** Raider Pride the hell off now.:beer:

Buckeyepackfan

Cheesehead
Reaction score
The funny thing is that the ones who are defending TT so stoutly now will be the ones calling for his head if The Pack does not come out of the gate winning.
Back to Woodson, he is a veteran player who has had a couple of injury years, hopefully he stays healthy, if he does go down, I have a lot more confidence in Carroll than some on this forum.
With a healthy Woodson and Carroll being the #1 back-up, our defense can only get better.
I stated earlier on another thread that I really believe if it weren't for the big contract that Carroll would be starting in front of Woodson by the fifth or sixth week of the season.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Latest posts