My Packers Mock Draft

pyledriver80

Cheesehead
Reaction score
16 - Reggie Nelson - S FL - Though I am not a big fan of smaller Safeties, Nelson is the exception. I see him as a cross between Brian Dawkins and Ed Reed. I like his desire to make the big hit and his explosiveness in the open field with deep recievers.

47 - Kenny Irons - RB Auburn - More Quick than Fast but I like his ability to slip through the hole with a little punch. Very alert to the cutback and does it with ease which is a nice benefit in the ZBS.

78 - Ben Patrick - TE Delaware - Not exceptional at any one area but is solid as a blocker and can make the tough catch. Very versatile player for his size and can do some damage after the catch

112 - Jacoby Jones - WR Lane - May be raw and did not play against top comeptition but the guy can stretch the field and go up and get the ball. Very elusive with great speed.

157 - Chase Johnson - OT Wyoming - Huge Frame but very mobile for his size. Very Durable. May struggle with the speed rusher.

193 - Leron McClain - FB Alabama - Great hands for a FB. Kind of in the William Henderson role. A bigger guy who could get you that 1-2 yards you need.

228 - Xzavie Jackson - DE Missouri - Not the biggest or the quickest but stout against the run. Plays with a mean streak. Could be a nice project.

235 - Aaron Fairooz - WR Central Arkansas - 6'6 guy could be a nice Red Zone threat. Very raw but with his size and leaping ability could contribute.

243 - Darnell Stapleton - C Rutgers - Nice fit for the ZBS. Not going to overpower anyone but is nimble enough to fit the scheme.

steveGB

Cheesehead
Reaction score
My ideal draft day 1 senario would be:

trade down to pick 30 and get turner

draft TE olsen with pick 30

trade player and pick 2 to raiders for randy moss

draft S with 3rd pick

Reaction score
Pyle, I gotta say I'm surprised you chose Ben Patrick at TE. I'm not a huge draft expert, but I haven't heard anything about Patrick being a quick/fast TE.

Having two teams in the Bears and Vikings running the Cover 2 (do Lions also run it?), a fast TE to exploit the middle will go a long way. That's why I'm growing on the idea of drafting Olsen, because he is the fastest in this group and we need fast as opposed to a blocker IMO (I think Bubba did an adequate job blocking).

OP
OP
P

pyledriver80

Cheesehead
Reaction score
all about da packers said:
Pyle, I gotta say I'm surprised you chose Ben Patrick at TE. I'm not a huge draft expert, but I haven't heard anything about Patrick being a quick/fast TE.

Having two teams in the Bears and Vikings running the Cover 2 (do Lions also run it?), a fast TE to exploit the middle will go a long way. That's why I'm growing on the idea of drafting Olsen, because he is the fastest in this group and we need fast as opposed to a blocker IMO (I think Bubba did an adequate job blocking).

It's not that I don't like Olsen. Unless we start looking to throw to the TE down the field though taking him at 16 is a reach. I just think 16 is to high but he won't be around in the second so either you make a trade or pass.

Members online

Latest posts