My NFC playoff power rankings

OP
OP
Murgen

Murgen

MechaPackzilla
Reaction score
AP is a still a force no doubt. But he's far from ALL DAY we've seen in previous years. Hench, I don't see him as the best RB in the NFL anymore. That goes to Chris Johnson now. Rushes over 20+ and 40+ yards Chris Johnson kills AP. Granted, AP is #2 on the list.

AP is #1 in another stat too, Fumble-itis.

TDs is misleading cause if they finally hand off to the guy after they get near the goal line, he's gonna score a lot regardless if he ran the ball down there. That is a plus he is good in the red zone.

I dunno, I just don't get that worked up knowing we have to play against Adrian Peterson anymore. Just another good RB we face.

Maybe the Vikes are just saving him for the playoffs. Could be.

DILLIGAFF

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Back to power rankings, IMO the Saints are a sleeper due to their 3 loses at the end of the season. They have been thinking playoffs for the past 4 weeks and the viking slide gave the Saints no reason to win those games once the perfect season was lost.

#1 Saints
#2 tie between the Pack and the Cowboys
#3 Cardinals
#4 vikings
#5 Eagles

Cardinals have already beaten the vikings.

vikings have had a miserable last three games, the Giants clearly did not show up and were already planning their vacations.

The Eagles getting shut out in a game that would have given them a home playoff game, nothing more needs to be said.

Pack and Cowboys are hot, Pack finishing at 7-1 the second half of the season and Dallas pitching 2 shut outs to finish the season. Whoever has to play the Saints truly has an uphill battle to reach the NFC championship game

The Pack has the ability to beat anybody in the NFC, and I would like nothing better to play the vikings in the second round. I feel more confident against the vikings than I do against the Saints.

Hauschild

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Back to power rankings, IMO the Saints are a sleeper due to their 3 loses at the end of the season. They have been thinking playoffs for the past 4 weeks and the viking slide gave the Saints no reason to win those games once the perfect season was lost.

#1 Saints
#2 tie between the Pack and the Cowboys
#3 Cardinals
#4 vikings
#5 Eagles

Cardinals have already beaten the vikings.

vikings have had a miserable last three games, the Giants clearly did not show up and were already planning their vacations.

The Eagles getting shut out in a game that would have given them a home playoff game, nothing more needs to be said.

Pack and Cowboys are hot, Pack finishing at 7-1 the second half of the season and Dallas pitching 2 shut outs to finish the season. Whoever has to play the Saints truly has an uphill battle to reach the NFC championship game

The Pack has the ability to beat anybody in the NFC, and I would like nothing better to play the vikings in the second round. I feel more confident against the vikings than I do against the Saints.

Wow - you're gonna be a very disappointed young man, I'm afraid.

But, that's why they play the games - we'll see.

PackerManLV

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Well in my opinion Chris Johnson and ap are the best running backs in the league. The reason for favre success is because of ap. Ap and Chris can take any giving play to the house. By saying that I think if we play the bikes again it will be a real tough game for the vikes now we have taucher clicking and jermicheal finley back. I think taucher is not been giving enough credit for his come back. Also ahman green.

PackersRS

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Well in my opinion Chris Johnson and ap are the best running backs in the league. The reason for favre success is because of ap. Ap and Chris can take any giving play to the house. By saying that I think if we play the bikes again it will be a real tough game for the vikes now we have taucher clicking and jermicheal finley back. I think taucher is not been giving enough credit for his come back. Also ahman green.
IMHO the most appropriate phrase should be "The reason for THIS MUCH Favre's sucess is AP"

If he was on another team, he wouldn't have posted the stats he did, as evidenced by the other 20 so years he's been in the league.

However, saying that he's only playing well because of Peterson is far-fetched. He would be playing well in any quality team. Probably not this well, but top 10 well for sure.

Forget Favre

Cheesehead
Reaction score
We can stop the run. The Viqueens will know that if we play them.
The Pack will have to stop the Burnt Fart pass plays.

Quientus

Oenophile
Reaction score
IMHO the most appropriate phrase should be "The reason for THIS MUCH Favre's sucess is AP"

If he was on another team, he wouldn't have posted the stats he did, as evidenced by the other 20 so years he's been in the league.

However, saying that he's only playing well because of Peterson is far-fetched. He would be playing well in any quality team. Probably not this well, but top 10 well for sure.

But I thought you said AP was "crap" this year ?

According to you, AP didn't play well this season ... So how can you now say that AP is *the* (sole) reason for Favre's success ?

Before this season, who in the league would have said the Vikings WR corps would be as succesfull as they have ? - That's right ... pretty much NO ONE ...

Even Percy Harvin who was named OFRY was questioned by most ...

All that aside what Childress and the Vikings have showed this season, is that if they have a good quarterback they will be a serious contender ...

I think it speaks volumes about what kind of team the Vikings have this season though ... - And ofcourse the team as a whole is also a large part of Favre's success ...

I mean look at the Colts ... - How many play offs appearance have they had while Manning have been playing ? And how many Super Bowls ? ...

Yeah, I thought so ... Manning must be a "choker" as well ...

You say that Favre had never put up similar stats in almost 19 years in the league, but yet you won't admit that it also speaks volumes about some of the teams he has played on ...

PackersRS

Cheesehead
Reaction score
But I thought you said AP was "crap" this year ?

According to you, AP didn't play well this season ... So how can you now say that AP is *the* (sole) reason for Favre's success ?

Before this season, who in the league would have said the Vikings WR corps would be as succesfull as they have ? - That's right ... pretty much NO ONE ...

Even Percy Harvin who was named OFRY was questioned by most ...

All that aside what Childress and the Vikings have showed this season, is that if they have a good quarterback they will be a serious contender ...

I think it speaks volumes about what kind of team the Vikings have this season though ... - And ofcourse the team as a whole is also a large part of Favre's success ...

I mean look at the Colts ... - How many play offs appearance have they had while Manning have been playing ? And how many Super Bowls ? ...

Yeah, I thought so ... Manning must be a "choker" as well ...

You say that Favre had never put up similar stats in almost 19 years in the league, but yet you won't admit that it also speaks volumes about some of the teams he has played on ...
According to ME???? You do know that I was away from 10 days...

Care to quote me saying AP was crap or didn't play well this year?

Quientus

Oenophile
Reaction score
According to ME???? You do know that I was away from 10 days...

Care to quote me saying AP was crap or didn't play well this year?

Yeah you are right, wasn't you ... I apologize, - it was "Green_Bay_Packers" (the other mod).

I accidently mistook both of your "green" names for once. I'm sorry.

Hope you had a nice vacation though :)

angryguy77

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Yeah you are right, wasn't you ... I apologize, - it was "Green_Bay_Packers" (the other mod).

Don't apologize. He has multiple personalities:biggrin:

Raptorman

Vikings fan since 1966.
Reaction score
Look at his yards in some of the matchups its all in front of you!

He has been crap compared to last season!

Look at week 11 through 17 this year No 100 Yards!

Thats a great RB

GET OUTTA HERE!!!!!!!
2005, LaDanian Tomlison didn't have a game over 100 yards the last 5 games of the year. He must suck as well. In 04 he even had a game with 7 yards. I can't believe people thought of him as being good. And look at Grant, hell he had two games last year with only 20 yards, and one this year of 30 yards. And of his last 6 this year only one was over 100 yards. I think the Packers should cut him. They all must be crap! Cut em all!

angryguy77

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I believe the correct wording would be AP isn't playing up to his normal level. Compared to other backs he is much better. Compared to himself he is not doing so well.

PackerManLV

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Yo

I believe the correct wording would be AP isn't playing up to his normal level. Compared to other backs he is much better. Compared to himself he is not doing so well.

I don't think it is ap not playing like himself, it's more of teams preparing for him and his tendecies.

PackersRS

Cheesehead
Reaction score

Had, thank you very much. Well, as well as I could (almost) without internet...

Didn't read everything that has happened in here, but I know I wouldn't be crazy enough to say that AP was playing like crap (sorry, Green_Bay_Packers).

He hasn't been as good as he was last year, and until he solves his ball protection issues, I cannot consider him the NFL's best Running Back. But he's a monster.

Lucky for us, we have the best run D in the NFL, if we face him. I don't remember us allowing a big run all year long. I remember him going long against us, but it was in a screen.

Last year, I just didn't know why teams would throw the ball on us, because everytime they ran the ball, they could get 5-6 yards, and NEVER a negative play.

This year, I don't even care who's the opposing RB, because we'll stuff him for sure...

The biggest problem of our D is generating pressure with basic formations. We just cannot get to the qb rushing only 3 or 4, because the only one that seems to get to the qb by his own is Matthews, so the OL focus on him... Sometimes Jenkins can do it, but not allways. And though Jolly is awesome at batting passes, he cannt collapse the pocket.

It has been better with Raji playing better, lately though.

Raptorman

Vikings fan since 1966.
Reaction score
How about the fact that the Vikings have passed more this year. The Vikings have 101 more passing attempts then last year and 52 less rushing attempts by the Vikings in 2009. So Peterson's rushing attempts were down while his receiving attempts went up..

2007 he had 1649 yards in rushing(238 attempts)and receiving(19 catches).
2008 he had 1885 yards in rushing(363 attempts) and receiving(21 catches).
2009 he had 1819 yards in rushing(314 attempts) and receiving(43catches).

So it breaks down as follows.

2007 1649 yards 6.4 yards per touch.
2008 1885 yards 4.9 yards per touch.
2009 1819 yards 5.1 yards per touch.

Yup, he's going downhill fast. His first year was great, but no RB can maintain a 6.4 yard per touch rate for very long. The defense's are just to good these days. Chris Johnson had a 6.1 rate this year, but I would be willing to bet it drops to about 5 yards per touch next year.

Hauschild

Cheesehead
Reaction score
2005, LaDanian Tomlison didn't have a game over 100 yards the last 5 games of the year. He must suck as well. In 04 he even had a game with 7 yards. I can't believe people thought of him as being good. And look at Grant, hell he had two games last year with only 20 yards, and one this year of 30 yards. And of his last 6 this year only one was over 100 yards. I think the Packers should cut him. They all must be crap! Cut em all!

I'm intrigued that you're "supremely" confident in the Packers' running game. This means you almost assuredly expect them to win the Super Bowl, then, because any weakness they might have had on offense has now been solidified.

Boy, isn't it easy to solve problems when you simply act like none exist? It makes things so much easier. :)

Raptorman

Vikings fan since 1966.
Reaction score
I'm intrigued that you're "supremely" confident in the Packers' running game. This means you almost assuredly expect them to win the Super Bowl, then, because any weakness they might have had on offense has now been solidified.

Boy, isn't it easy to solve problems when you simply act like none exist? It makes things so much easier. :)
Grant is a good back. He averages 4.1 yards per touch. As long as they get him the ball 18-20 times a game he will do fine. I'm not the one confident in the Packers O-line. If Tauscher or Clifton go down I fear Rodgers may be in trouble again. One thing they have shown is a lack of depth on the O-line. Beside, my post you quoted was pretty much all sarcasm. Maybe I should have put it in blue.(some forums use blue type to denote sarcasm)

angryguy77

Cheesehead
Reaction score
How about the fact that the Vikings have passed more this year. The Vikings have 101 more passing attempts then last year and 52 less rushing attempts by the Vikings in 2009. So Peterson's rushing attempts were down while his receiving attempts went up..

2007 he had 1649 yards in rushing(238 attempts)and receiving(19 catches).
2008 he had 1885 yards in rushing(363 attempts) and receiving(21 catches).
2009 he had 1819 yards in rushing(314 attempts) and receiving(43catches).

So it breaks down as follows.

2007 1649 yards 6.4 yards per touch.
2008 1885 yards 4.9 yards per touch.
2009 1819 yards 5.1 yards per touch.

Yup, he's going downhill fast. His first year was great, but no RB can maintain a 6.4 yard per touch rate for very long. The defense's are just to good these days. Chris Johnson had a 6.1 rate this year, but I would be willing to bet it drops to about 5 yards per touch next year.

I didn't say he was bad. But by his standards that he has set, he is not.

If Jordan averaged 5pts below his season average, wouldn't you say that he's not playing well compared to himself? Compared to every other player he would be palying great. But when they don't play to the level the are capable of, it means they are not playing good to their standards.

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts