My last and final prospect thread before the draft...

NYPacker

Cheesehead
Reaction score
So the draft is almost here (I know I can't wait either :) ) so I'll end our search for the next Green Bay Packer with a bang. Can you guees who he is? Here are some clues. He's not a first round prospect, heck he may even go undrafted but has a 3rd round grade per his scouting report.

However he would have been a hands down first round pick if he didn't undergo surgery in 2009. He is a cornerback and has everything you're lookings for: size (6'2"), speed (4.45 40 yard dash), Ball skills (10 career INTS), Good blitzer (5 career sacks). He's also a very high character guy whose known for his work ethic on the field and the in the classroom. In fact some even compare his academic prowess to that of Myron Rolle but with greater football skills. Ideal Packer person if you ask me.

Still can't figure it out? Well it's none other than Myron Lewis from Vanderbilt. I've been a big fan of his for a while now and can't believe he's being overlooked by everyone. He'll end up being a top notch player after being passed up by many teams, resemblant of Cortland Finnegan's story. I don't feel as confident about any of the corners in this draft as much as I do about Myron Lewis. Unlike all the other prospects I think Lewis can be our heir apparent to Charles Woodson.

Read & React: Good read-and-react skills. Has the potential to play safety or cornerback. Reads and recognizes the motive of the receiver and puts himself in position to make plays. Will read the action in the backfield and can jump routes. Recognizes run quickly and attacks the line of scrimmage.

Man Coverage: Has good size but is high-cut and might lack the balance to remain at cornerback in the NFL. Loses a step in his transition and too often has to gather himself when making lateral cuts. Has the upper-body strength and hand placement to provide an effective jam at the line of scrimmage, but typically played off-man.

Zone Coverage: Rare height and bulk for the cornerback position. Good straight-line speed. Alert defender who reads the quarterback's eyes. Times leaps and competes well for jump balls. Physical, versatile defender. Good open-field tackler.

Closing/Recovery: Lacks the balance and agility to mirror wide receivers into and out of their breaks. Good, but not great straight-line speed to recover if beaten initially. Good hands for the interception. Has a penchant for making the big play in big games.

Run Support: Active in run support. Reads run quickly and fights through receiver blocks. Agile enough to avoid oncoming linemen and is willing to take on blockers. Reliable open-field tackler who flashes big-hitting ability.
Tackling: Secure open-field tackler who will wrap up and hit with authority. Experienced blitzer with closing speed.

Intangibles: Missed the 2009 spring after undergoing arthroscopic shoulder surgery. Takes his academics seriously. Graduated in December of 2009 with a degree in Human and Organizational Development. Was a 2008 Academic Honor Roll Recipient. Good bloodlines. Brothers Hamin and Hanik Milligan played in the NFL. Might be an ascending talent whose NFL future is at safety.

NFL Comparison: Julian Battle, Redskins

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pE0opl1EilI]YouTube - 2008 Rewind: Lewis' INT vs. Boston College[/ame]

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wdt2QHCpDds]YouTube - Thank you from Myron Lewis[/ame]

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts