My 2 rookies who would start from day 1..

D

Deleted member 6794

You don't think you could effectively use a geno on the packers?

Why don't you get it that Atkins wouldn't be able to play NT in the Packers 3-4??? Nobody said he wouldn't be effective at DE or as an inside rusher in sub packages, but we were talking about NTs in this year's draft.

packfan1

Cheesehead
Reaction score
FA spending much of the time is reckless. If you owned your own company, why would you pay someone millions guaranteed to come in and run an aspect of your company when you have no personal familiarity of the job they will do? Many times FA come to a team, get paid millions, and lay an egg cause they know they already got paid...what's the motivation to perform. I would rather have an established personal work history with a player (e.g. Sam Shields) before paying the player for his play. Success breeds success, why not pay the guys you already know rather than players from other teams who may not be an answer. Instead use the draft to bring guys in to fill roles and positions you need to fill for reasonable $. Use FA as a tool when needed for role players when it is cost effective, not when it threatens your teams' salary cap IMO. I think TT does a very good job managing this team and takes WAY too much heat for the whole FA thing. He brings in FA when he needs to and when it is cost effective which is exactly what he should do IMO.

Last edited:

ivo610

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Why don't you get it that Atkins wouldn't be able to play NT in the Packers 3-4??? Nobody said he wouldn't be effective at DE or as an inside rusher in sub packages, but we were talking about NTs in this year's draft.

Why do you seem to think players are only good in 1 defense?!?!?

We were discussing players listed as defensive tackles in the draft. Just because someone is listed as a certain position doesn't mean he wouldn't be useful elsewhere ... Christ ...

D

Deleted member 6794

Why do you seem to think players are only good in 1 defense?!?!?

We were discussing players listed as defensive tackles in the draft. Just because someone is listed as a certain position doesn't mean he wouldn't be useful elsewhere ... Christ ...

No, we were discussing if there's another impact NT aside of Nix in this year's draft.

You seem to think that a 3-4 NT is the same position as a 4-3 DT, which is completely wrong.

ivo610

Cheesehead
Reaction score
No, we were discussing if there's another impact NT aside of Nix in this year's draft.

You seem to think that a 3-4 NT is the same position as a 4-3 DT, which is completely wrong.
You were discussing something completely different than I was clearly.

You seem to think players can only be used in 1 defense. Good luck with that.

D

Deleted member 6794

You were discussing something completely different than I was clearly.

You seem to think players can only be used in 1 defense. Good luck with that.

Maybe you should read my posts. I said Atkins (or Donald for that matter) could be succesful at DE or as an inside rusher in the Packers 3-4, but not at NT!!!

ivo610

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Maybe you should read my posts. I said Atkins (or Donald for that matter) could be succesful at DE or as an inside rusher in the Packers 3-4, but not at NT!!!

Maybe you should find where I said 3-4 and 4-3 are the same. I didn't. So stop trolling

D

Deleted member 6794

Maybe you should find where I said 3-4 and 4-3 are the same. I didn't. So stop trolling

You suggested Donald could be an impact NT for the Packers. This proves you have no idea what's the difference between a 3-4 NT and a 4-3 DT.

ivo610

Cheesehead
Reaction score
You suggested Donald could be an impact NT for the Packers. This proves you have no idea what's the difference between a 3-4 NT and a 4-3 DT.

you suggested he wouldn't be useful in other defenses. See, I can play your game too.

We disagree in a different thread and you come out and make up sh*t just to pick a fight.

I clearly know the difference, but you continue to try and start drama on this board bc not everyone agrees with you.

D

Deleted member 6794

you suggested he wouldn't be useful in other defenses. See, I can play your game too.

We disagree in a different thread and you come out and make up sh*t just to pick a fight.

I clearly know the difference, but you continue to try and start drama on this board bc not everyone agrees with you.

Just like in the other thread you come up with stuff that I never posted. Please show me where I posted Atkins or Donald couldn't be succesful in a 3-4 defense (I'm not talking about NT in a 3-4 cause they obviously wouldn't be able to play that position).

ivo610

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Just like in the other thread you come up with stuff that I never posted. Please show me where I posted Atkins or Donald couldn't be succesful in a 3-4 defense (I'm not talking about NT in a 3-4 cause they obviously wouldn't be able to play that position).

waiting for you to show how I dont know the difference between 3-4 and 4-3.

Im pretty sure we werent on the same page topic wise. Im done with this.

D

Deleted member 6794

waiting for you to show how I dont know the difference between 3-4 and 4-3.

Im pretty sure we werent on the same page topic wise. Im done with this.

Once again you're accusing me of saying something I never posted. I assumed that you don't know the difference between a 3-4 NT and a 4-3 DT which is pretty obvious to me as you suggested a 288-pound DT would be a good fit as a 3-4 NT.

ivo610

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Once again you're accusing me of saying something I never posted. I assumed that you don't know the difference between a 3-4 NT and a 4-3 DT which is pretty obvious to me as you suggested a 288-pound DT would be a good fit as a 3-4 NT.

I said he would be a good fit for our team. Based on our defense he wouldnt be a NT.

ivo610

Cheesehead
Reaction score
These are the listed DTs in the draft, obviously they would be plugged into teams differently (that goes without saying I thought). http://walterfootball.com/draft2014DT.php

I havent seen much film on McCullers, but he might be the type of player we would want in a mid round situation.

D

Deleted member 6794

I said he would be a good fit for our team. Based on our defense he wouldnt be a NT.

No, you didn't. Here's how the conversation started:

I said:
I agree that we need a NT cause we're not changing to a 4-3. Maybe Pickett has another productive season in him, don't think there are many other impact NTs as Nix available.

And here's your answer:
Hageman some say. i really like the kid out of pitt if you can get over his height.

There's nothing in it that would let me assume you're not talking about him being a NT.

ivo610

Cheesehead
Reaction score
No, you didn't. Here's how the conversation started:

I said:

And here's your answer:

There's nothing in it that would let me assume you're not talking about him being a NT.

Notice the period.... notice the topic of the thread...

"Hageman some say" - some say he could fit in as a NT. (period!) I really like the kid out of pitt if you can get over his height" - notice the thread. Rookies who could start. The period denotes a new topic. Next time I will make that more clear for you.

GreenDeath

Cheesehead
Reaction score
You don't think you could effectively use a geno on the packers?

Of course you could use Geno effectively on the Packers. The guy's a beast. As a pure 3-4 linemen though, that would probably be problematic. Because he plays up the field as a 3-technique, where as 3-4 linemen hold their blockers and clog up the line of scrimmage so the linebackers can roam freely and make the plays.

There are certainly packages you could use him in though. I just don't think he(or Donald for that matter) would work with our base 3-4 just because of their size issues.

D

Deleted member 6794

Notice the period.... notice the topic of the thread...

"Hageman some say" - some say he could fit in as a NT. (period!) I really like the kid out of pitt if you can get over his height" - notice the thread. Rookies who could start. The period denotes a new topic. Next time I will make that more clear for you.

If that explanation works for you I'm really glad for you. :rolleyes:

Seems like it's really tough to get someone in here to acknowledge a mistake.

ivo610

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Of course you could use Geno effectively on the Packers. The guy's a beast. As a pure 3-4 linemen though, that would probably be problematic. Because he plays up the field as a 3-technique, where as 3-4 linemen hold their blockers and clog up the line of scrimmage so the linebackers can roam freely and make the plays.

There are certainly packages you could use him in though. I just don't think he(or Donald for that matter) would work with our base 3-4 just because of their size issues.

I dont know, I would be curious to see him as a DE but some suggest OLB. Im hesitant to overdraft a player like that for the sake of moving him to something that much different (OLB)

GreenDeath

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I dont know, I would be curious to see him as a DE but some suggest OLB. Im hesitant to overdraft a player like that for the sake of moving him to something that much different (OLB)

He's the definition of a tweener, it will be interesting to see how he moves in the agility drills at the combine. I haven't thought about him playing OLB until you mentioned it. There's actually a good possibility he could play the position. He's built similarly to James Harrison, just ten pounds heavier.

Members online

Latest posts