My 2 rookies who would start from day 1..

OP
OP
rodell330

rodell330

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Has rodell once...ever...even one time admitted to being wrong OR even attempted to acknowledge the opposite side of any point of view? He## no! Why would he start now? Like I said, he is the classic prototypical arm chair GM. Beyond that, it's become more than evident he may be the least analytical person in the history of sports forums.

It's really not even worth the effort any more to attempt to explain anything to "the dude". He'll just reply with gems like this: "What i did say is that it's been hard to contend with teams like San Francisco and Seattle because of the talent gap." .....ummmm ya.... and then he votes that he'd rather have the Packers results than the niners the past 5 years. lol

honestly rodell...it's over...game-set-match on your major anti-Ted diatribes and your hatred for the guy. For God's sake, even you don't agree with you! Just ask you! lol

I'll admit i'm wrong..if i'm wrong. I'm not wrong about TT, the guy doesn't like to sign free agents and would rather build through the draft. The niners are a better team than the Packers right now regardless of the 2010 season...funny how people like you won't talk about 2011 to present tho. Talk about skewing facts to prove a point kettle. TT hasn't drafted well in the first round in like 4 yrs..true. The Packers have been terrible in the playoffs the past 4 yrs..very true. I know i know.. we beat the Vikings with a backup quarterback yea yea. I don't hate the guy because i'm listing FACTS. Prove to me where what i've said isn't true and is just hatred for TT. Call it what you want to but just because im not in the Teddy fan club doesn't mean i hate the guy. So as the president of the TT fanclub spread the word haha.

NOMOFO

Cheesehead
Reaction score
lol... You are A-W-E-S-O-M-E.

I think we got it but I want to make sure.
Soooooooooooooooooooooooo..........
According to "rodell logic 101", it makes perfect sense to only consider 2011 to present to analyze a general manager's success. lmao

.... ummmmmmmmm...ok.... wait!!!

How about we do that one better?! How about we talk right NOW... how about that? Like- today...now...at 1:08 PM central time! I say we line up and play the niners and see who wins! By your "logic" that should tell us who the best GM is, correct? GOT IT! Hopefully the hospital will have the game on so all of those niner's starters can watch eh?

OP
OP
rodell330

rodell330

Cheesehead
Reaction score
lol... You are A-W-E-S-O-M-E.

I think we got it but I want to make sure.
Soooooooooooooooooooooooo..........
According to "rodell logic 101", it makes perfect sense to only consider 2011 to present to analyze a general manager's success. lmao

.... ummmmmmmmm...ok.... wait!!!

How about we do that one better?! How about we talk right NOW... how about that? Like- today...now...at 1:08 PM central time! I say we line up and play the niners and see who wins! By your "logic" that should tell us who the best GM is, correct? GOT IT! Hopefully the hospital will have the game on so all of those niner's starters can watch eh?

You are one of the ones who live off past glory so i won't even get into this with you. You still watch the 2010 SB rematch and cry don't you? it's ok bro...let it out.

NOMOFO

Cheesehead
Reaction score
You are one of the ones who live off past glory so i won't even get into this with you. You still watch the 2010 SB rematch and cry don't you? it's ok bro...let it out.

no doubt... I cry for a few minutes...and then I thank the Lord we have one of the best GMs in the NFL and I know we'll be right back next year baby! You my young friend...are SPOILED. Big-time. You have no clue. You have no point of reference for how bad it can be.

Although, like I said 100 times now, how any "smart" person looks around the NFL and all 32 teams and then looks at the Packers and thinks "Ya, THAT is a really messed up general manager there". lol You're right rodell. You're right.

Key word "smart".

BorderRivals.com

Cheesehead
Reaction score
If we can't get Jadaveon Clowney then i want Anthony Barr from UCLA. I like everything about Barr and it may be more realistic to trade up and get him even if it means future picks as i have a win now/fix the problem now type mentality.

I pointed out the Falcons trade of Julio as an example of this mentality going bad for the team. Here is some actual validation to that comparison from the resident Falcons fan, when he shared his thoughts, along with others thoughts, on this trade and its impact on the Falcons:

Ah, the Julio trade. That has been a hotly debated topic on the Falcons' board for a couple of years now. Like borderrivals said, it's obvious that Julio is a stud, but 2 firsts, 2 seconds, and a fourth is a lot to give up. Personally, I love the player but hate the trade. I would say Julio is probably a top 5 WR when healthy. The only guys I would definitely put ahead of him are Calvin Johnson and AJ Green. My problem with the trade is that 1) the Falcons gave away WAY too much. Essentially they traded 4 good starters for 1 elite starter. Not worth it in my opinion. This one trade in itself has created a lack of depth on both the offensive and defensive line. 2) The Falcons should have just traded for Calvin if they wanted a premier receiver. Calvin wasn't known as the best WR in football at the time, maybe not even top 5. If Brandon Marshall was traded for 2 seconds, I can't imagine the Lions would have rejected 2 firsts. And that still would have saved 2 second round picks as well as a fourth rounder. So in conclusion, I love Julio but if I were the GM at the time, there's no way I would have made that trade. I hated it then, and I hate it now. I think most Falcons fans would agree with my previous statement, but there are some that think that Julio was worth it.

NOMOFO

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I pointed out the Falcons trade of Julio as an example of this mentality going bad for the team. Here is some actual validation to that comparison from the resident Falcons fan, when he shared his thoughts, along with others thoughts, on this trade and its impact on the Falcons:

Ah, the Julio trade. That has been a hotly debated topic on the Falcons' board for a couple of years now. Like borderrivals said, it's obvious that Julio is a stud, but 2 firsts, 2 seconds, and a fourth is a lot to give up. Personally, I love the player but hate the trade. I would say Julio is probably a top 5 WR when healthy. The only guys I would definitely put ahead of him are Calvin Johnson and AJ Green. My problem with the trade is that 1) the Falcons gave away WAY too much. Essentially they traded 4 good starters for 1 elite starter. Not worth it in my opinion. This one trade in itself has created a lack of depth on both the offensive and defensive line. 2) The Falcons should have just traded for Calvin if they wanted a premier receiver. Calvin wasn't known as the best WR in football at the time, maybe not even top 5. If Brandon Marshall was traded for 2 seconds, I can't imagine the Lions would have rejected 2 firsts. And that still would have saved 2 second round picks as well as a fourth rounder. So in conclusion, I love Julio but if I were the GM at the time, there's no way I would have made that trade. I hated it then, and I hate it now. I think most Falcons fans would agree with my previous statement, but there are some that think that Julio was worth it.

Yep...agreed....like I've said before, try listening to the crap other teams have to deal with and then come on here and talk about how the Packers are not run properly. I listen to 670 SCORE out of Chicago during the week. A person gets a real good perspective on things and an appreciation for the Pack's success after listening to that.

OP
OP
rodell330

rodell330

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Yep...agreed....like I've said before, try listening to the crap other teams have to deal with and then come on here and talk about how the Packers are not run properly. I listen to 670 SCORE out of Chicago during the week. A person gets a real good perspective on things and an appreciation for the Pack's success after listening to that.

Who has said the Packers are not run properly? Please show me. I'll be waiting?

ivo610

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I'll admit i'm wrong..if i'm wrong. I'm not wrong about TT, the guy doesn't like to sign free agents and would rather build through the draft. The niners are a better team than the Packers right now regardless of the 2010 season...funny how people like you won't talk about 2011 to present tho. Talk about skewing facts to prove a point kettle. TT hasn't drafted well in the first round in like 4 yrs..true. The Packers have been terrible in the playoffs the past 4 yrs..very true. I know i know.. we beat the Vikings with a backup quarterback yea yea. I don't hate the guy because i'm listing FACTS. Prove to me where what i've said isn't true and is just hatred for TT. Call it what you want to but just because im not in the Teddy fan club doesn't mean i hate the guy. So as the president of the TT fanclub spread the word haha.

2011 we had the 2nd longest winning streak and the 2nd highest producing offense in modern nfl history at the time. So yeah I'd love to talk about it

OP
OP
rodell330

rodell330

Cheesehead
Reaction score
2011 we had the 2nd longest winning streak and the 2nd highest producing offense in modern nfl history at the time. So yeah I'd love to talk about it

Yup it was a great regular season...and then we got whomped AT HOME in our first playoff game because defense couldn't stop anyone. All in all that was a wasted season imo...couldn't even win 1 playoff game. So when we talk about it lets try not to leave ALL the facts out. Including giving up 37 points and 420 yds.

ivo610

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Yup it was a great regular season...and then we got whomped AT HOME in our first playoff game because defense couldn't stop anyone. All in all that was a wasted season imo...couldn't even win 1 playoff game. So when we talk about it lets try not to leave ALL the facts out. Including giving up 37 points and 420 yds.

I blame the offense for both losses that season

BorderRivals.com

Cheesehead
Reaction score

Spoiled.

OP
OP
rodell330

rodell330

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Its the draft and maybe Barr turns into an injury prone bust.

Fine, then we'd add him to the list with Derrick Sherrod, Justin Harrell, and Nick Perry if that's the case. Sounds to me as if he's got Packer written all over him.

ivo610

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Because they didnt score 40 points? the same offense you made sure to mention was the 2nd best offense in NFL history at the time? ok you got me haha.

The pats in 07 season lost bc of their offense. Great offense can sputter.

Go watch the losses from 11 season. You'll see an offense struggle in both.

BorderRivals.com

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Because i was expecting to go further in the playoffs after having such a great season in 2011? you have got to be kidding me. Ok fine, i'll do what a loyal fan does and just lower my expectations.:tup:

Spoiled in the sense you think the season was a waste. It was still a very fun season. In fact, the best regular season in the history of the franchise. To call it a waste is ridiculous. Obviously, we all expected/wanted to go further in the playoffs. But, that can't/won't happen every season and it doesn't make every season where we don't go deep in the playoffs a complete waste.

Even this year, we had an up-and-down season, but there will still be plenty of fond memories/successes. The miracle comeback at Dallas. Rodgers to Cobb in Chicago is an all-time play, especially b/c of what was at stake.

NOMOFO

Cheesehead
Reaction score
:cautious:

lmao... Hmmmmm :tdown:

I have no clue where I could find ANY posts where rodell330 rags on and on about the Packers. Hmmmm..think.... think .....think...:whistling: hmmmmmmmmm...NOPE! I got nothin! :D:D:D:D

OP
OP
rodell330

rodell330

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Spoiled in the sense you think the season was a waste. It was still a very fun season. In fact, the best regular season in the history of the franchise. To call it a waste is ridiculous. Obviously, we all expected/wanted to go further in the playoffs. But, that can't/won't happen every season and it doesn't make every season where we don't go deep in the playoffs a complete waste.

Even this year, we had an up-and-down season, but there will still be plenty of fond memories/successes. The miracle comeback at Dallas. Rodgers to Cobb in Chicago is an all-time play, especially b/c of what was at stake.

We were talking about 2011 sir thanks. Anyways, it was a fun season...a fun REGULAR season. There ya go, that should clear things up a bit haha.

easyk83

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Fine, then we'd add him to the list with Derrick Sherrod, Justin Harrell, and Nick Perry if that's the case. Sounds to me as if he's got Packer written all over him.

Except we'd have to mortgage the whole draft to get Barr.

OP
OP
rodell330

rodell330

Cheesehead
Reaction score
:cautious:

lmao... Hmmmmm :tdown:

I have no clue where I could find ANY posts where rodell330 rags on and on about the Packers. Hmmmm..think.... think .....think...:whistling: hmmmmmmmmm...NOPE! I got nothin! :D:D:D:D

So now it's ragging on the packers (my favorite team btw) because i'm keeping it real? what happen to the part about them not being run right? you left it out...again. Still waiting.....

OP
OP
rodell330

rodell330

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Except we'd have to mortgage the whole draft to get Barr.

Desperate times cause for desperate measures right? haha but in all seriousness i don't think giving up a few future picks is mortgaging the draft. You make it sound like i said give up every pick this year and next...which isn't the case at all.

NOMOFO

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Child: "Susie is stupid. Susie farts a lot and smells like a donkey. I hate the way she wears her hair. I hate the way she dresses."

Parent: "You need to be nice. You shouldn't say those things about Susie."

Child: "Huh? Whaaaaaaaaaaat.... Meeeeeee? I don't know what you are talking about. Huhhhhh? I'm confused. I don’t have a problem with Susie. I'm fine with Susie. What makes you think I don't like Susie?"

BorderRivals.com

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Desperate times cause for desperate measures right? haha but in all seriousness i don't think giving up a few future picks is mortgaging the draft. You make it sound like i said give up every pick this year and next...which isn't the case at all.

Wow. Do you fail to understand the implication of having to move into the top-8 (which may not even be high enough for Barr)? Look at the ATL trade - 2 first, 2 seconds, and 1 fourth. And the Falcons fan clearly explained how that trade has hurt their team more than it has helped, even though they landed a top-5 WR and true difference maker. For a person that claims he's all about FACTS, you sure do love to ignore the big picture when making such grandiose statements.

Hell, we can add Washington to the list of bad draft day trades. Sure, they got a potential franchise QB in RG3 and made the playoffs the next year. But, that trade yielded the following players for STL: Michael Brockers, Janoris Jenkins, Isaiah Pead, some mutt, Alec Ogletree, Stedman Bailey, and Zac Stacy.

To summon Andy Dufresne: How can you be so obtuse?

OP
OP
rodell330

rodell330

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Child: "Susie is stupid. Susie farts a lot and smells like a donkey. I hate the way she wears her hair. I hate the way she dresses."

Parent: "You need to be nice. You shouldn't say those things about Susie."

Child: "Huh? Whaaaaaaaaaaat.... Meeeeeee? I don't know what you are talking about. Huhhhhh? I'm confused. I don’t have a problem with Susie. I'm fine with Susie. What makes you think I don't like Susie?"

I think you're the only person who understands what this post is trying to prove...ijs. So like the child i'm confused.

Members online

Latest posts