OP
OP
C

cheesey

Cheesehead
Reaction score
cheesey said:
SNAP said:
FYI.............Clarence Williams III(Lincoln Hayes) was married for years to Tyne Daly and Julie(Peggy Lipton) was Quincy Jones' main squeeze for years.
Pete was played by Michael Cole.......more useless info from me.
LOLOL!!! Thats FUNNY! I used to watch that show!!!
I'm 50 too! Whats your birthday???

June 24, 1957........June 24 is a far away from Christmas as you can get. I always felt bad for people who's B-Days were the week or so before Christmas, or Christmas Eve.........or the day itself.
HA HA!!!
You are OLDER then me!!!! :lol:

SNAP

Cheesehead
Reaction score
SNAP said:
cheesey said:
SNAP said:
FYI.............Clarence Williams III(Lincoln Hayes) was married for years to Tyne Daly and Julie(Peggy Lipton) was Quincy Jones' main squeeze for years.

June 24, 1957........June 24 is a far away from Christmas as you can get. I always felt bad for people who's B-Days were the week or so before Christmas, or Christmas Eve.........or the day itself.
HA HA!!!

By 15 days................BFD.........ROTFLMAO

OP
OP
C

cheesey

Cheesehead
Reaction score
cheesey said:
SNAP said:
cheesey said:
SNAP said:

HA HA!!!

You "GEEZER!!!" :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

SNAP

Cheesehead
Reaction score
SNAP said:
cheesey said:
SNAP said:
cheesey said:
SNAP said:

HA HA!!!

You "GEEZER!!!" :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

LOL...........I know..............Zombie said that yesterday because I think I shocked him when I said I started watching NYG when Tittle & Gifford were still playing & Cathy Lee probably wasnt born yet. What really got him was the fact that back then the home games werent on TV only the road. So I got to watch them 8 times and listened to Marty Glickman on the RADIO for the 8 home games. Home game telecasts starte around 1976. When I was a kid the only time I ever saw the NYG home blue jersey was on the football cards or when they played Dallas at the Cotton Bowl.

OP
OP
C

cheesey

Cheesehead
Reaction score
"I remember back in the old days".............LOLOL!!! :lol:
I have been a Packer fan since 1965. Thats when it finally all made sense to me. My brother was 7 years older then me, and he got to go to games with our Dad.
I have been a Packer fan 100% ever since!

SNAP

Cheesehead
Reaction score
"I remember back in the old days".............LOLOL!!! :lol:
I have been a Packer fan since 1965. Thats when it finally all made sense to me. My brother was 7 years older then me, and he got to go to games with our Dad.
I have been a Packer fan 100% ever since!

Same here for NYG.......although starting in 1964 they went into the tank for the next 18 yrs so that was rough......Ice Bowl Chuck Mercein started out as one of NYG's Baby Bulls.

OP
OP
C

cheesey

Cheesehead
Reaction score
cheesey said:
Hey....the 70's and 80's weren't very kind to my Packers either!

I know............Lynn ****ey
He was actually a good QB.........but he was like Namath, bad legs. He was a sitting duck in the pocket. But when given time, he had a great arm!

Zombieslayer

Cheesehead
Reaction score
cheesey said:
SNAP said:
cheesey said:

He was actually a good QB.........but he was like Namath, bad legs. He was a sitting duck in the pocket. But when given time, he had a great arm!

The teams he played for werent that good??

No. We consistently had one of the worst and in some years the worst D in the NFL. We also had very bad lines, even with an All-Pro Center in Larry McCarren.

Also, we never had a running back. I think Eddie Lee Ivory was the closest we got to 1000 yards back then and he only got 800+. After John Brockington, we had pretty much nobody until Bennett/Levens.

****ey had to do it all himself. He was actually one of the best deep ball passers I've ever seen.

Zero2Cool

I own a website
Reaction score
Zero2Cool said:
cheesey said:
Zero2Cool said:
Whew, gosh I hope I can hit that total some day!!
I KNEW it was only a matter of time before you would show up!!!
What TOOK you so long??? :lol:
Oh....and you have been here more then a year longer then me! So i think i'm doing pretty well!!! :lol: (opps......only 11 months!!! My bad!!!)LOLOL!!! :lol:
(Now....if i had a LIFE, maybe i wouldn't have so many posts here!!!)

In all fairness. How many times was I banned? When did I hit 10k? I stopped posting on a regular basis when I started my site over a year ago.
:) :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock:
Probably not NEAR as many times as you deserved!!!!LOLOLOL!!! :lol: :lol: :lol:

Ironically enough. I was banned more than I deserved which was proven by Ryan's removing the ban. Sometimes things just get misunderstood, but Ryan is generally open minded and always willing to hear the other side. One of the better things about him as an admin. He actually gives a damn about his posters. You don't find that on many sites.

OP
OP
C

cheesey

Cheesehead
Reaction score
cheesey said:
Zero2Cool said:
cheesey said:
Zero2Cool said:
Whew, gosh I hope I can hit that total some day!!
I KNEW it was only a matter of time before you would show up!!!
What TOOK you so long??? :lol:
Oh....and you have been here more then a year longer then me! So i think i'm doing pretty well!!! :lol: (opps......only 11 months!!! My bad!!!)LOLOL!!! :lol:
(Now....if i had a LIFE, maybe i wouldn't have so many posts here!!!)

In all fairness. How many times was I banned? When did I hit 10k? I stopped posting on a regular basis when I started my site over a year ago.
:) :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock:
Probably not NEAR as many times as you deserved!!!!LOLOLOL!!! :lol: :lol: :lol:

Ironically enough. I was banned more than I deserved which was proven by Ryan's removing the ban. Sometimes things just get misunderstood, but Ryan is generally open minded and always willing to hear the other side. One of the better things about him as an admin. He actually gives a damn about his posters. You don't find that on many sites.
I know Zero......i was just razzing you! I always have got along with you well! :D

Obi1

Cheesehead
Reaction score
SNAP said:
cheesey said:
SNAP said:
cheesey said:

The teams he played for werent that good??

No. We consistently had one of the worst and in some years the worst D in the NFL. We also had very bad lines, even with an All-Pro Center in Larry McCarren.

Also, we never had a running back. I think Eddie Lee Ivory was the closest we got to 1000 yards back then and he only got 800+. After John Brockington, we had pretty much nobody until Bennett/Levens.

****ey had to do it all himself. He was actually one of the best deep ball passers I've ever seen.

****ey had a rifle for an arm but was hit so many times he got shell shocked many a times.

Zombie, don't forget that the Pack had a 1,000 rusher in 1978... Terdell Middleton!

wpr

Cheesehead
Reaction score
cheesey said:
SNAP said:
Who were the receivers??
Steve Odom, Rich McGeorge was a TE (he was pretty good) James Lofton and John Jefferson, which were two WR's i LOVED to watch!

THOSE WERE SOME PRETTY DAMN GOOD RECEIVERS.

While ****ey was in GB from 76-84 & Lofton from 78-86, Jefferson was only there from 81-84. He never seemed to live up to the standards he set in SD. Only one year (83) did he start all 16 games. He never had 60 receptions in a season. only once did he have more than 650 yards (830 in 83). In 4 seasons he scored TDs in only 2 of them (4 in 81 and 7 in 83).

Don't forget TE Paul Coffman 78-85

wpr

Cheesehead
Reaction score
There was also Phil Epps. (82-88) His best years were after ****ey was gone. And Aundra Thompson. (77-81)
In the 80's ****ey threw to FB Gerry Ellis pretty often.

OP
OP
C

cheesey

Cheesehead
Reaction score
There was also Phil Epps. (82-88) His best years were after ****ey was gone. And Aundra Thompson. (77-81)
In the 80's ****ey threw to FB Gerry Ellis pretty often.
Yup!
Epps was pretty good as i remember. He was pretty fast.
I liked Jefferson, cause he took some hard hits, and wasn't afraid to go across the middle.
Lofton.....well.....he was GREAT! I would have loved to have him, and Sterling Sharpe on the same field for Favre to throw to. How much fun would THAT be to watch?

OP
OP
C

cheesey

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Lynn ****ey was also "blessed" with some pretty awful defenses during those years. We had to score in the 40's to win.
How VERY true Joy!
We were in plenty of shoot outs because of our pourous defense. Had we HAD a decent D, we might have been able to win a SB back then.

Latest posts