1. Welcome to Green Bay Packers NFL Football Forum & Community!
    Packer Forum is one of the largest online communities for the Green Bay Packers.

You are currently viewing our community forums as a guest user.

Having an account grants you additional privileges, such as creating and participating in discussions. Furthermore, we hide most of the ads once you register as a member! Furthermore, we hide most of the ads once you register as a member!

Must read..TD's vs. Int's.

Discussion in 'Packer Fan Forum' started by net, May 18, 2006.

1. 4thand26

4thand26 Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    I remember listening to 101.1 WIXX the next day, with Larry McCaren. The first call was someone saying that it was a block in the back. Larry just laughed and said that it was not a penalty, and that fans should not think that it was. Of course, I could picture him talking with his narly finger in the air.
  2. 4packgirl

4packgirl Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    it amazes me that everyone is so pissy lately. seems like we can't even make a good natured joke without someone getting mad. i didn't slam net once & don't intend to. the article simply isn't worth it IMHO.

now - where the heck did i put my wine coolers?? oh wait - it's almost 6AM - not PM. :( :wink:

signed,
    retarded field mouse #1. :lol:
  3. Timmons

Timmons Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +1 / 0 / -0
    Yeah, I too long on to a packer board so I can avoid reading about football.

If you didn't read the article, that's your deal. If you think the point of the article was that turnovers (INTS) are bad, then YOU didn't read the article. The point is as follows:
    TDs are not worth as much as NOT turning the ball over. It is an interesting claim and well substantiated with data. Sure you can turn stats however you want. However, these are laid out quite clearly and I thank the author for the insight and time taken to post this. It CERTAINLY is a lot more interesting than the silly drivel posted following it.

As for the quarterback. If you guys think risk taking QBs are good, that's your deal. Risk taking QB's are fun to watch. However, they are not as successful as ball control QBs, when it matters, the playoffs, because they can't string wins together. We should know, we've been watching it since 97.

Brett Favre is exciting and brings a lot to the game. I respect him, and how he handles himself. He, however, has fewer SB rings than Tom Brady, and I hate Tom Brady. Watching Tom Brady play football is like watching grass grow. Tom understands that ball control wins games. I think he learned it from his head coach.
  4. cheesey

cheesey Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +3 / 0 / -0
    If you watch the replay of the fumble return in the Bears game, Favre WAS blocked in the back, period. The replay doesn't lie. It happened, and was not called. But thats the fault of the zebras. THEY blew it.