Buckeyepackfan

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Packers Sign Draft Choice Terrence Murphy

posted 07/28/2005

Terrence Murphy

Related Information

: 2005 Transactions

The Green Bay Packers Thursday signed wide receiver/kick returner Terrence Murphy, the team's second of two selections in the second round of the 2005 NFL Draft. Ted Thompson, Executive Vice President, General Manager and Director of Football Operations, announced the signing.

Green Bay now has 10 of its 11 selections under contract, including guard/center Junius Coston (May 16), guard William Whitticker (June 20), defensive end Michael Montgomery (June 21), linebacker Kurt Campbell (July 6), cornerback Mike Hawkins (July 13), wide receiver Craig Bragg (July 22), safety Marviel Underwood (July 25), linebacker Brady Poppinga (July 25) and safety/cornerback Nick Collins (July 28).

A four-year letterman (2001-2004) at Texas A&M, Murphy started full time each of his final two seasons. He was a first-team All-Big 12 Conference selection as a junior and senior, first as a kick returner in 2003, and then as a receiver in 2004. Murphy was a two-time team captain, sharing the position in 2004 with fellow Packers draft selection Michael Montgomery.

In 45 career games with the Aggies (32 starts), the 6-1, 196-pound Murphy set school receiving records with 172 career catches and 2,600 receiving yards. Overall, he collected 3,583 all-purpose yards (209 rushing, 2,600 receiving, 761 on kickoff returns and 13 on punt returns).

Green Bay selected Murphy with the 58th overall selection of the 2005 NFL Draft.

vialli27

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Now, let's just hope that Rodgers signs as well. He and Murphy have the same agent, so Murphy's signing is a good thing. Also, Nall knows the offense better to begin with and every practice Rodgers misses only makes it less likely that he'll be Brett's backup.

Zero2Cool

I own a website
Reaction score
vialli27 said:
Now, let's just hope that Rodgers signs as well. He and Murphy have the same agent, so Murphy's signing is a good thing. Also, Nall knows the offense better to begin with and every practice Rodgers misses only makes it less likely that he'll be Brett's backup.

I doubt we will see Rodgers as the primary backup. Depending on how well he holds for Longwell and I for somereason have a feeling that plays a role, be it minor, a role non the less.

PWT36

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Aaron Rodgers will sign soon. He said he knows the importance of getting into Packer Training Camp early and has told his agent of his desire to be in camp early. Now that 49ers have sign their #1 Draft pick QB Smith and other teams have signed #1 picks, The Bar has been set for Aaron Rodger's contract. it probably is going to be a more complicated contract to negotiated because he is considered to be one of top two QBs in the draft this year. But it should be done very quickly, so he will be able to practice at the beginning of Packer's Training Camp. Murphy's signing was a good sign pointing in that direction since they both have the same agent as Vially 27 noted in his posting.

NDPackerFan

Cheesehead
Reaction score
It's great news about Murphy!!! Does anyone know the terms of the contract? I know that they signed Poppinga and Underwood for 4 years and Collins for 5, but I still haven't heard about any length of deal for Murphy. I'm assuming it's probably a four year deal.

Members online

Latest posts