Mst3k - packers won the super bowl!!

cheesehurdler

Cheesehead
Reaction score
The creators of Mystery Science Theater 3000 are Minnesota Vikings fans. The said that as a joke, since the Packers haven't won the Super Bowl since 1967 when that episode aired.

Kinda ironic that the Packers won the Super Bowl twice since it aired, while the Vikings won none. Makes them look like serendipitous prophets.

neilfii

Hall of Fame Fan
Reaction score
The real mystery has to be that there are still people who are Viking fans in spite of their 0 for 4 record in the Super Bowl. Let them joke if they want to. It is we who have had the last laugh.

Tecmo

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Man do I miss MST3K. I'm definitely more of a fan of Mike than Joel(even though he's from Green Bay).

Forget Favre

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Man do I miss MST3K. I'm definitely more of a fan of Mike than Joel(even though he's from Green Bay).
Yeah, I miss it too.
I thought there was a Wisconsin connection. And it was filmed in Minneapolis.

Joel is still carrying on the MST3K tradition in it's latest incarnation which you can read about here:
http://www.cinematictitanic.com/

Couple samples. No charge this time.
[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1rxUmuWzOlA&feature=player_embedded"]YouTube - Cinematic Titanic - Danger on Tiki Island[/ame]

[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ksqb8-7dPDI&feature=related"]YouTube - Cinematic Titanic - Alien Factor[/ame]

neilfii

Hall of Fame Fan
Reaction score
Does this mean we can look forward to a "Green Bay Wins the Super Bowl" Cinematic Titanic video? If only the Vikings were as creative as these guys are they might actually win a game or two each season.

neilfii

Hall of Fame Fan
Reaction score
Actually, the worst thread of the month would have to be the 25th thread started about AJ and his release, re-negotiation, and re-signing, but this one is still likely in the running.

OP
OP
Murgen

Murgen

MechaPackzilla
Reaction score
Some people would disagree with you guys. If you like MST3K you get it.

Tecmo

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Also, Mike(although from Illinois) lived in Wisconsin for a while. You can see him wearing a UW-Stout shirt in the MST3K movie, which happens to be one of the finest cinematic masterpieces of our time.

neilfii

Hall of Fame Fan
Reaction score
I suspect that there a lot of people who would disagree. The truth is I used to enjoy a good MST, and if you'll notice I gave them props for creativity, it's just that it wears a little thin relatively quickly.

OP
OP
Murgen

Murgen

MechaPackzilla
Reaction score
I suspect that there a lot of people that would disagree with us both...wait....nevermind. LOL

jbhappy

Cheesehead
Reaction score
The creators of Mystery Science Theater 3000 are Minnesota Vikings fans. The said that as a joke, since the Packers haven't won the Super Bowl since 1967 when that episode aired.

Not quite correct--it aired at the end of May of '97 and was taped probably no more than a couple months before that. So the outcome of SB XXXI was definitely known to them at the time.

Hmm. I tried including a URL to back up my claim, but as a first-time poster, I ain't allowed. So all I can say is to visit mst3kinfo.com, click "List of all MST3K episodes" in the left-hand nav bar, click "Season Eight: 1997", and look for "810- The Giant Spider Invasion" on that page.

Also, the movie was set in Wisconsin and perhaps filmed there as well. I'd say that's probably more the reason behind all the "Packers!" from Mike and the bots than a joke by Viking fans.

Forget Favre

Cheesehead
Reaction score
You know your an MST3K fan when your watching a movie and you even attempt to do MST3K style commentary while watching it.

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts