1. Welcome to Green Bay Packers NFL Football Forum & Community!
    Packer Forum is one of the largest online communities for the Green Bay Packers.

You are currently viewing our community forums as a guest user.

Having an account grants you additional privileges, such as creating and participating in discussions. Furthermore, we hide most of the ads once you register as a member! Furthermore, we hide most of the ads once you register as a member!

Move up to pick OKUNG

Discussion in '2010 Draft Archive' started by turbo69, Apr 10, 2010.

1. turbo69

turbo69 Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +41 / 0 / -0
    It seems that all the O-tackles in this draft (1st round grades) have some kind of issues, wether or not their arms are too short, injuries, workout warriors, not big enough.........and all kinds of questions. Soooooo.......my question is what would it take to move up to get Okung at #4........and would it be worth it? Maybe give up D Colledge, our 1st rounder......and.....what else to get up that far? I know its a long way from #23 to #4, but it just seems like a guy like Okung might be worth it. A guy that could be our starting left tackle for the next 10 years........and dominate....would go a long ways.
  2. NYPacker

NYPacker Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +38 / 0 / -0
    I think the price would be really steep. Judging by the point system we may have to give up this year's 1st, next yr's 1st, a third rounder and Daryn Colledge to move up that far. However I really doubt we even need Okung imo. Okung is the type of LT that will have to start every single game from the day he's drafted. Judging by how we signed Clifton Green Bay really only needs a good but not superstar LT from this drafy. We can always develop that LT to become a superstar but we don't need one right out of the box.
  3. PackersRS

PackersRS Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +979 / 0 / -0
    If he falls out of the top 10, then it's possible.

Otherwise, no.
  4. Pat4DaPack

Pat4DaPack Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +180 / 7 / -0
    Packer Fan Since:
    whend o we ever trade up in the 1st rd lol
  5. PackersRS

PackersRS Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +979 / 0 / -0
    Clay Matthews III
  6. ivo610

ivo610 Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +3,521 / 86 / -26
    almost every team uses the point system that Jimmy Johnson came up with. So you could figure it out but it would be so steep no one would do it. My guess would be about all of our other picks.

This is a deep draft, no reason to get stuck on one player.