Move over Eddie Lacy, David Bakhtiari RoY thread

easyk83

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Well Fellas, and ladies- can't forget the lovely Kitten among others, how many more elite pass rushers does David Bakhtiari have to shut down before he finally gets his due? Against Terrell Suggs and Jared Allen(in the dome no less) our boy didn't give up a sack. He's getting better and better every game and as he does Aaron Rodgers seems to be getting more and more comfortable in the passing game. IMHO David Bakhtiari has been more impressive than Eddie Lacy.

I

I_am_smoked_cheddar

Well Fellas, and ladies- can't forget the lovely Kitten among others, how many more elite pass rushers does David Bakhtiari have to shut down before he finally gets his due? Against Terrell Suggs and Jared Allen(in the dome no less) our boy didn't give up a sack. He's getting better and better every game and as he does Aaron Rodgers seems to be getting more and more comfortable in the passing game. IMHO David Bakhtiari has been more impressive than Eddie Lacy.

I'm glad you're being humble. Both are doing very well, but there is no passing game or running game without the BEEF.
Edge to Mr. 69, his strength and agility has steadily improved and the ladies just love his number.
You must be logged in to see this image or video!

El Guapo

Cheesehead
Reaction score
An offensive tackle winning Rookie of the Year? You're chasing a white buffalo my friend. Now, for Packers ROY I'd say that he's in the lead. Unfortunately for him, the better he plays the better he makes Lacy look too!

OP
OP
E

easyk83

Cheesehead
Reaction score
An offensive tackle winning Rookie of the Year? You're chasing a white buffalo my friend. Now, for Packers ROY I'd say that he's in the lead. Unfortunately for him, the better he plays the better he makes Lacy look too!

If Joe Thomas couldn't win RoY not sure who could. That being said a man can dream, and to me Bak been our most impressive rookie.

TJV

Lifelong Packers Fanatic
Reaction score
I don’t care who wins any award (except Super Bowl MVP), but Bakhtiari is definitely improving. As I’ve posted before he needs to add strength and that will probably have to wait until the off season. He’s given up his share of sacks and pressures: According to McGinn’s ratings columns, his worst game was vs. the Bengals. He allowed 5 pressures (1 sack, 3 knockdowns, and 1 hurry) and he had 2.5 bad runs. And he missed his cut block on the Packers last play on offense causing Rodgers’ pass to Jones to be tipped. But even in that game analysis, McGinn wrote, “Yet, Bakhtiari's speed afoot has been a key to the resurgent zone run game. The Packers are starting to run in unison down the line, and as the fastest of the five his impact is significant.” Against the Vikings McGinn wrote, “His steely focus and determination were evident in the cauldron of noise.” He gave up no tackles and one-half pressure against Allen - that is quite an accomplishment in Lambeau, let alone the Dump. It’s more than his tenacity in finishing pass blocks that makes him an improvement over Newhouse. And after a season’s worth of experience if he adds strength as we should expect him to do, I think he has a real shot at being the LT of the future. That's the "award" I'm hoping for.

(BTW, I wonder if McGinn’s pressure and hurry stats come from his review of the game, or if he gets those numbers from the Packers.)

Last edited:

bozz_2006

Cheesehead
Reaction score
The phrase that comes to mind is "do curls for the girls". Lacy = biceps. Bakhtiari = squats. the better Lacy performs, the more visible he is. the better Bakh performs, the more invisible he is. Just a reality of the game. I want Lacy's excellence to be super visible, and I really want Bakhtiari to be like a ghost! LT won't win ROY, but the more invisible Bakhtiari is, the better chance Lacy has at winning it! I'll take it.

HyponGrey

Caseus Locutus Est
Reaction score
You must be logged in to see this image or video!

I don’t care who wins any award (except Super Bowl MVP), but Bakhtiari is definitely improving. As I’ve posted before he needs to add strength and that will probably have to wait until the off season. He’s given up his share of sacks and pressures: According to McGinn’s ratings columns, his worst game was vs. the Bengals. He allowed 5 pressures (1 sack, 3 knockdowns, and 1 hurry) and he had 2.5 bad runs. And he missed his cut block on the Packers last play on offense causing Rodgers’ pass to Jones to be tipped. But even in that game analysis, McGinn wrote, “Yet, Bakhtiari's speed afoot has been a key to the resurgent zone run game. The Packers are starting to run in unison down the line, and as the fastest of the five his impact is significant.” Against the Vikings McGinn wrote, “His steely focus and determination were evident in the cauldron of noise.” He gave up no tackles and one-half pressure against Allen - that is quite an accomplishment in Lambeau, let alone the Dump. It’s more than his tenacity in finishing pass blocks that makes him an improvement over Newhouse. And after a season’s worth of experience if he adds strength as we should expect him to do, I think he has a real shot at being the LT of the future. That's the "award" I'm hoping for.
Every bit of this. He also needs to put some sand in his pants to fill out his anchor, and I'm not sure how that will affect his foot speed, but he's a huge reason for optimism..

H

HardRightEdge

Since we're repeating ourselves here, I would reiterate that Bakhtiari has had 5 holds and 1 face mask called against him in 7 games. Each of those 10 yard penalties is worth at least 1/2 sack. Those calls might be QB savers, but they're also drive killers. He looks like a ROY only next to Newhouse's dismal performance.

CW21NumeroUno

Cheesehead
Reaction score
If Lacy keep pace, he should win OROY. But i agree, Bakhtiari has been excellent for a rookie. He instantly improved this line. Now if only we can get a good center. Yes EDS has been ok the past few games but he gets pushed around like a rag doll most of the times and come playoff time, im afraid he might resort back to that.

Oregon Cheese

Cheesehead
Reaction score
As much as I'd love to see him win ROY, this is more likely to get TT GM/Executive of the year. This was the best pick in the draft.

AmishMafia

Cheesehead
Reaction score
As much as I'd love to see him win ROY, this is more likely to get TT GM/Executive of the year. This was the best pick in the draft.
Not sure if it was the best, but I can't think of any picks, that late in the draft, having this much impact. When you toss in Hyde and Lacy picks - this draft class is looking very impressive.

Luca

Cheesehead
Reaction score
David Bakhtiari is probably the biggest steal of the draft, but he won't win the rookie of the year award. First, offensive lineman won't win the ROY of the year award. The adjustment to NFL-football is a lot easier for some other positions, especially RB. Bakhtiari might be a league average tackle already (which is quite an accomplishment as rookie), but Lacy and Bernard are already top running backs. Moreover if you look league wide, Fluker is probably the better rookie lineman.

I think that Bernard or Lacy will win the ROY, or maybe a guy like Richardson, Lotulelei, Hopkins or Allen.

Shanghai Pack

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Bakhtiari's been great, but sadly no O-Line guy is ever going to win this award. It's exclusively for the playmakers in the same way the DROY is pretty much reserved for LBs and super elite DE's. Kiko Alonso is going to walk away with the DROY race even though Sheldon Richardson and Star Lotulelei have been better. Likewise the OROY is going to come down to either Lacy, Bernard, G. Smith and maybe Zac Stacy now that he's going.

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts