1. Welcome to Green Bay Packers NFL Football Forum & Community!
    Packer Forum is one of the largest online communities for the Green Bay Packers.

You are currently viewing our community forums as a guest user.

Having an account grants you additional privileges, such as creating and participating in discussions. Furthermore, we hide most of the ads once you register as a member! Furthermore, we hide most of the ads once you register as a member!

Most Likely WHo we will pick

Discussion in '2010 Draft Archive' started by Pat4DaPack, Apr 8, 2010.

1. lancer84

lancer84 Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +9 / 0 / -0
    Packer Fan Since:
    IMO Tebow will succeed in a couple of years as long as he has a good coordinator, and good linemen and decent wide receivers.. I just hope he doesn't end up in Jacksonville/Washington/Browns.
  2. NYPacker

NYPacker Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +38 / 0 / -0
    I don't think that we should just get any player, but someone with tons of discipline. Like this guy...

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cV448r5f2qI]YouTube - Florida State lineman Zebrie Sanders falls a sleep during game.[/ame]

Future LT of the Green Bay Packers right there LOL
  3. Pat4DaPack

Pat4DaPack Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +180 / 7 / -0
    Packer Fan Since:
  4. PackersRS

PackersRS Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +979 / 0 / -0
    You think that was on purpose, like in the Longest Yard? Like they wanted the rush to get to their QB?

Never seen a meltdown like that...
  5. NYPacker

NYPacker Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +38 / 0 / -0
    It's actually how FSU lineman are coached. If they sense that a player has jumped offsides then yhey are prdered to stand still. There are other teams in the NCAA that coach this.
  6. Corey Lee

Corey Lee Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    I say Jerry Hughes is a must if he is available.
  7. DILLIGAFF

DILLIGAFF Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +4 / 0 / -0
    ya i question guys that stand out at these work outs, yet look average on tape in game situations.

I believe and I agree with TT, the tape is key. These individual work outs are for determining if the player is in rang, a poor scoring shows a red flag, a good score just means there is no red flags.

Ability to play is on tape.
  8. turbo69

turbo69 Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +41 / 0 / -0
    That was so funny. I thought he was at least going to stand up....or do something.
  9. PackersRS

PackersRS Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +979 / 0 / -0
    That's why I don't like who I don't like and like who I like. Game tape. (Looking at you, USC #2)

But it should be said, game tape is VERY different from highlights. All I have are highlights/lowlights, and recollection of past games.

What they (scouts, gms, coaches) have are tapes taken from wider angles than the TV ones, that show the entire play, not just focus on the ball...
  10. DILLIGAFF

DILLIGAFF Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +4 / 0 / -0
    I agree with you these high lights we see are just a small view. I want to see the whole game and camera angles make a difference.

This past year I was able to get tickets to the Monday Night game, Packer vs vikings. Before that game I was willing to trade in our whole offensive line and pay A-rod twice the money for the punishment he was taking.

But being up in the stands and being able to see the whole play as it develops, it was clear that A-rod was as much to blame for those sacks as the O-line was, especially watching grandpa out their releasing the ball quickly, I mean BF did not wait for something better to open up, you got open first you got the ball. You could see A-rod passing up oportunities for something else bigger. The networks sports camera angles kept this hidden.

I hope in the future as technology increase, there is a button on the TV to choose what kind of camera angle you want to view the game. I want the the camera angle that has the view of all 22 players.
  11. ivo610

ivo610 Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +3,604 / 91 / -35
    I believe thats how teams tape games, and it sucks that they dont give regular fans an opportunity to see the whole field during a game on every play.